• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Launch Trailer: Guild Wars 2 Path of Fire (Expansion 2)

ApharmdX

Banned
I might come back for this. Guild Wars 2 is a special game but I wasn't able to get comfortable with the changes that they made since launch. For this, I might be able to give the game another chance.

This sounds pretty cool, but I haven't really played the game since a couple months after vanilla launch. How impossibly lost would I be at this point?

Ralemont

not me
This sounds pretty cool, but I haven't really played the game since a couple months after vanilla launch. How impossibly lost would I be at this point?

So I haven't played since 2013. I bought the two expansion bundle and in the past week have been going through Heart of Thorns (first expansion) zones.

It's a bit rough but I didn't feel impossibly lost. It helps to have someone to answer questions, but once you get some of the new basics down I didn't feel demoralized.

Kalentan

The biggest thing is story. Though there is no requirement to finish story content before moving onto the new stuff. There are recaps if you don't wish to buy Living Story S2/HoT/Living Story S3.

There isn't any new levels, so level 80 is still the cap and so getting to max hasn't changed. Really it's quite easy to get into things.

Here's a chart of all the additions.

https://i.imgur.com/t3d699A.png

It's big.

Trailer didn't do anything for me, but still really excited about this expansion. I can't wait to see how the new specializations shake up the existing meta.

docbon

Trailer is kinda zzz but I still plan on getting it. I'd like to try out the heavy armor elite specs and focus on world vs world this time around.

The environments look gorgeous btw.

Kalentan

Trailer didn't do anything for me, but still really excited about this expansion. I can't wait to see how the new specializations shake up the existing meta.

Same.

I do wish they would do CGI cinematics. I get that they like to do their painting style and ingame cinematics but I think CGI cinematics, when done well, are fun for MMO expansions.

Top Bottom