• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 PC Screenshot Thread of the Only Place Where Compression Isn't

Coonce

xYkb.png

yYkb.png

misho8723

Banned
Sorry for all of this PHD screens, but the game is so much fun and it has one of the best looking maps in a FPS game ever.. shame that the original last level (Hell) isn't in this HD edition, because that one is a classic

4Ykb.png

3Ykb.png

Sorry for all of this PHD screens, but the game is so much fun and it has one of the best looking maps in a FPS game ever.. shame that the original last level (Hell) isn't in this HD edition, because that one is a classic

Nice gameplay screens but that aliasing is killing me, you using any kind of aa there?

misho8723

Banned
Nice gameplay screens but that aliasing is killing me, you using any kind of aa there?

Well, the game itself doesn't have any setting for AA, so I tried to change it in .ini file, but that didn't work.. then I tried to force it through drivers, didn't work.. so now I don't know how to make AA work in this game.. game overall looks really good, and the map design is fantastic, but yeah, AA is really missing in here

Peterthumpa

Well, the game itself doesn't have any setting for AA, so I tried to change it in .ini file, but that didn't work.. then I tried to force it through drivers, didn't work.. so now I don't know how to make AA work in this game.. game overall looks really good, and the map design is fantastic, but yeah, AA is really missing in here
Downsample this bitch. Should be pretty easy for the GPU since it's an old game right now.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Yeah, in this situation I'd hit it with Gedosato for 4K + post-process AA. UE3 games (which that remake uses) always worked great with Durante's tool for me and it's a DX9 only game IIRC.

One3rd

If you have NVidia card, try the SGSSAA bit -> 0x080000C1
http://www.forum-3dcenter.org/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=9612503&postcount=3742

Looks like HBAO+ might work as well which should be better than in-engine SSAO.

15555405493_ca06c22679_o.jpg

Glad to see one of my shots in the first post! I'm already impressed by some of the stuff that's been posted already - especially those Elite screens. Every time I see footage from that game my urge to get it increases dramatically. No shots from me until I'm back from the holidays, but keep it up Gaf, and happy 2015!

Looking forward to another great thread this year folks. And stallion, I am honored :)

I haven't snagged any shots in a while but I don't think I posted these from DA:I

dragonageinquisition_2014_12_02_21_21_14_326_by_roderickartist-d8car57.png

dragonageinquisition_2014_12_02_20_24_38_875_by_roderickartist-d8car4n.png

Yeah, basic UE3... As others stated you should try downsampling if your hardware can handle it. DSR or GeDoSaTo in combination with SweetFX or driver FXAA is very effective in removing aliasing.

16175430401_7d2785024f_o.jpg

16176555482_a63a49e75f_o.jpg

Xyber

Did we break out of the Community ghetto?

Throwback to Mirror's Edge

Only for a short while, we will be back all too soon.

And I knew that was a ME screen as soon as I saw the orange color. Can't wait for the sequel, hope it will be just as impressive as the first one when it comes to environment colors and stuff.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I might be wrong about the term, but aren't PNGs compressed, it's just that they're lossless?

kinda like RAR/ZIP files??

You are correct, but it's mostly semantics. Compression artifacts is probably the term Stallion meant!

Dolphin + ReShade + MasterEffect ReBorn

Wind Waker

Metroid Prime

EDIT: Those XIII and Enslaved screens are fucking gorgeous

Thanks. I think one of them is RS 6937-3588-0-0-65 2

Are you using the newest drivers (Nvidia?)... I'm curious if they don't break the game (graphics/suns) anymore. Would update if that is the case!

You're not using the latest Steam Version (Directors Cut) are you? (last time I checked the ENB doesn't work with that anymore? Is SSR working? EDIT: Can see it working on the next page!)

Top Bottom