• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volcynika

Well I got Blur and it keeps not accepting my CD-key. I think someone on the Steam forums mentioned it, but I'll have to wait to see what I can do after work.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Ah I see... well I am having a dilemma - see I'm thinking of asking a friend for this as a gift for my birthday (which is only in a few hours, 1 hour before daily deal changes), but the next DD might be better.

Yaska

Ah I see... well I am having a dilemma - see I'm thinking of asking a friend for this as a gift for my birthday (which is only in a few hours, 1 hour before daily deal changes), but the next DD might be better.

Blur is midweek madness, it won't be gone for another day. Capsized is the daily deal one :p

Bulzeeb

Hi guys, well I bought the game and has been lurking around the split screen mode but I haven't figured it out yet which is the e-brake key when playing the split screen mode with a keyboard? as I can`t see the second player control setup in the options menu and I think thats the only key I am missing.

So far the controls for 2 players using the keyboard are:

accelerate w up
brake/reverse s down
move left a left
move right d right
change view v +
rear view left shift 3
power space 9
power forward b right enter key
power backwards n 6
switch power f 2
drop power left ctrl right shift
E-brake ? ?

i'll try to check that out later but if anybody knows which key is the e-brake just tell me =D

dani_dc

it supports controllers for sure.

and yes you can use the keyboard on one and the controller on the other. :D

I tried 3 player splitscreen today with 2 360 pads and my keyboard, worked like a charm:

To add to that, the first player gets the 360 pad as well as the left side of the keyboard (wasd) and the second player has to play with the right side (up, down, left, right and the numberpad).

I tried to play with the keyboard assigned to the first player and the Xbox controller for the second player, but this did not work, the controller seemed to always be assigned to the first player even if you use the keyboard.

You can however play with two players on the same keyboard (first player on the left side of the keyboard and second player on the left side, as described above).

Should be noted that for some reason in the menus the first player gets the up/down/left/right keys to select menus and cars while the other player using the keyboard has to use the numberpad to select cars.

To sum it up: First player always gets the left side of the keyboard as well the controller (assuming there's only one of which) regardless of using just one of those.

Nymerio

I wouldn't bother with A-10C if you don't have TrackIR. There are a lot of buttons on either side of the cockpit and having to use the numpad to look aorund is really annoying. Other than that the game is amazing if you play with HOTAS + TrackIR.

RetroGreg

First quote gets a Steam key for Defense Grid plus keys for all the DLC. I usually don't care if people intend to play the games I give away here but this is a special case. I love this game and want to make sure whoever gets it will play it. Please only quote if you plan on putting some time into it. It's a great game.

First quote gets a Steam key for Defense Grid plus keys for all the DLC. I usually don't care if people intend to play the games I give away here but this is a special case. I love this game and want to make sure whoever gets it will play it. Please only quote if you plan on putting some time into it. It's a great game.

Please?

Edit2: Thanks a lot RetroGreg, I promise I'll playt it as soon as I can!

Nymerio

A reasonable person would just say you know I don't really need that game.

But I just want a track ir faster now.

TrackIR is just crazy good. After having it used I don't think I could go back to playing without it. The accuracy is also much better than I thought it would be. Feels sooo good looking around the cockpit.

I'll have to get Arma when it's on sale the next time, should be amazing with TrackIR support.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Well alright! I'd like to.

cicero

How is the story in the X series? Good, bad, nonexistent?

Also it was cheaper than $19.99 for the superbox during the last sale wasn't it?

These are what sold me on it during a previous Steam sale. I am slowly moving my way through my backlog, still very interested in playing it eventually. Hope these help you.

GAF Thread - In Praise of X3: Terran Conflict.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=349919

SA Thread - X3: Terran Conflict - Like Freelancer on steroids.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2985240

Youtube - X3: Terran Conflict Tutorial.
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2BC4835802365FF1&feature=plpp

Youtube - Let's Play X3: Terran Conflict.
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBE809F7969C44DDB&feature=plcp

dk_

After completing the BoI I just wanted to purchase Super Meat Boy, but damn, I didn' expect a 14 € price tag.

I wanted to ask, does anyone play Red Faction Arma multi player regularly or want to try it? I ask because im about to unistall it and it be a shame not to get a proper multiplayer going at least once. It's a shame really because i try it myself and seems really good.

Had to ask here because the OT is missing in action.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Buy it guys, or else... !

(Though I guess we already convinced almost every somewhat interested Gaffer in giving the game a shot)

Everyone who hasn't bought it yet should. Or else Toma will yell at you.

...in super long ass posts.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I bought Blur. At that price it was hard to pass up. I'll play it someday.

DagsJT

I couldn't even get my head around the video tutorial in Spacechem. I learn by doing, not watching. So I've not even really started the game because of the video.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I couldn't even get my head around the video tutorial in Spacechem. I learn by doing, not watching. So I've not even really started the game because of the video.

Why did you think you'd learn the game by watching if you acknowledge that you learn better by doing rather than watching?

It should suit you perfectly fine, since the first few hours with the game is a constant tinkering with all the elements. I havent watched any video back when it came out, you just need a little bit open-mindedness to try stuff and see what happens.

Although, its fine if you dont like the game, but I probably got about.. 15 Gaffer in an extensive one -on-one tutorial with me via Steam Chat and only one of those truly didnt like it after giving it a serious try (although he acknowledged what the game tries to accomplish) Its one of those games that has a seemingly high entrance barrier that blocks off a lot of people, while coming around as one of the greatest (puzzle) games in the last few years if you manage to give it a serious try.

Offer still stands! Anyone who wants some help getting into the game, contact me via PM or on Steam. (ask me for my Steam name via PM)

Not trying to be a contrarian dick, but I got nothing out of Spacechem, and I love puzzle games. It's far too much like doing homework for me.

That is a valid complaint, although its exactly what I love it for. Its tricky, but even more rewarding if you manage to get the basics down. I cant fault your opinion if you gave it a try, though. So thanks for trying it at least :)

Toma

Same here. I played it for a few hours and decided I'll probably never play it again.

Its a thinking man's puzzle game, like the thinking man's shooter Frozen Synapse :p But sure, some people prefer to completely relax and shut their brain off while playing games if the day was stressful enough. I just cant help but appreciate the games that challenge the mind.

Favorite games include:
Frozen Synapse
Europa Universalis III
Dwarf Fortress

.. yeah. Though SpaceChem is probably one of the more accessible games among those.

Blizzard

Banned
I program for work, I program for fun, and yet I'm terrible at strategy games. I appreciated the concept of Frozen Synapse, I liked supporting it, I probably own SpaceChem, and yet I don't know that I would actually like playing it.

I don't know what makes me so terrible at strategy, but I do like the IDEA of strategy games, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom