• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft registers Microsoft-Sony.com and Sony-Microsoft.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

spats

It would be awesome if MS bought SCEWWS. Would explain why The Last Guardian has been taking so long to develop. They're turning it into a WP7 stillborn turd of a mobile game.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Microsoft just wanted some first party titles to attract the "hard core" audience. What better way than to buy a video game company?

kingkaiser

Mama Robotnik said:
The developers, unable to compete with Nintendo's first party franchises (changeling infiltrators) and immense advertising power (superior weapons), and they can't even port their HD games over (establish diplomatic relations).

Yes.

Sega are The Gorn. A heavyweight back in the day, but unable to ever step out of the shadow of their history (the famous, visceral battle with Kirk being analagous to the Sega vs Nintendo glory days).

Wow, kinda frightening how accurate this sounds. I mean starfleet was the driving force behind the alliance, and 3rd parties always dreamed of the one-console future. So, does this mean Dyack is the Sisko?

Microsoft's annual World Partners Conference is going on right now, pretty safe to say it has something to do with that and nothing to do with video games.

Mikey Jr.

Mama Robotnik said:
I think its apparent that we're mostly responding ironically.

No one really believes that Sony and Microsoft are covertly forming an secret uberconsole which will eclipse The Sun in raw power and software lineup.

I wouldn't be opposed to such a development I might add, but yeah I don't see it happening.

Give it a couple of days.

Anteater

They should all merge and embrace the 1 console future

MS could work on the hardware
Sony could do the firmware
Nintendo could do the online portion
Valve spearheading launch titles such as HL3

LiK

Wario64 said:
One console future

karairindool9.gif

2404063_o.gif

Maybe this is part of the consortium that Microsoft, Sony, Ericsson, Apple, RIM and EMC created to purchase Nortel's patents? (effectively shutting out Google)

spats

DoctorWho said:
This can't be real.

Wanna bet it's some exclusive Vaio-Windows software partnership.

edit: I think I cracked the code. Sony is going to manufacture a new line of custom Game Room Vaios that have a secondary screen where the trackpad is and it's possible to play Game Room games on the smaller screen while keeping the primary screen always ready for work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom