• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3rd Party Amazon.com Seller (Circuit City) selling 32GB Vita card for 39.99

I received a call from tiger direct to place my order for the cards. I made 2 separate orders for one each and I told him that but he said I couldn't 'order' two since the order is for only one. He ended up calling me again a minute later for my second order and was mad confused.

I asked if they could combine the shipment into one but was told that it was impossible.

They still aren't dealing with things well.
I'm thinking of calling them and ordering a 32gig for $40, but I don't feel like dealing them anymore. thinking of buying one and re selling it

Like others I got the Tiger Direct email about reordering the 32 GB card. I clicked the link and a couple of days ago I got a phone call about reordering. I did place another order for 39.99 and today I received my 32 GB card. Everything worked out great.

madmook

I just got a call back today, and re-placed my order. I had originally ordered from Circuit City via Amazon. My new order total (with shipping fee) actually came out to be a couple bucks less than my original Amazon order, lol.

I called TigerDirect today (my birthday of all days). I placed my order with them through Amazon. I got their cancellation emails as well as the one from the Amazon Marketplace but never one asking if I'd like to place the order again and have it fulfilled. The lady (Systemax CSR) was incredibly polite and helpful and I've forwarded a copy of my original Amazon order to them so they can "see what they can do." I'm waiting for a phone call Monday. Fingers crossed.

rockx4

I just noticed today that I missed a call from Tigerdirect on the 7th, didn't know they were calling from a 305 number. I called their toll free number today and was able to place a new order, it came out to $42 and change shipped.

JudgeN

I got a 32gb PSvita memory card today but man it was a huge pain in the ass. Tiger direct customer server is down right despicable, everyone I talked to was an asshole and it took them 3 weeks to get me an RMA UPS label for wipeout game. Guess it was all worth it in the end but I won't be buying from them again.

Circuit City? wtf?
Yes, Circuit City. Systemax (owners of TigerDirect) bought the name a few years ago. CompUSA too. Smart move keeping all that brand recognition.

UPDATE on my status- I got an email this morning with a new order number and instructions telling me to call the sales department and pay for my order. My card has now been authorized for 48 cents less than my original order. I'm still waiting for an email confirmation but it looks like it all works out. I don't know if it made a difference, but I have a couple thousand dollars in order history with them.

suffah

Does maths and stuff
Glad I pulled the trigger originally despite the usual doomsayers "THERES NO WAY YOU'LL GET TEH CARD". Mine supposedly shipped today.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I guess I need to email them. Because I haven't gotten a phone call.

I bet someone else either picked up and said they weren't interested or heard the message and deleted it thinking it wasn't legit.

jam287

Banned
I also received the e-mail about them honoring my order and when I got it I clicked the link to say yes but I never heard back from them. They probably called but I work during the day so I can't answer and they didn't leave a message. I called them up today though and they said they would place the order and get it out to me by tomorrow or Wednesday so that is pretty cool.

EDIT: Got it!

Got mine today but no Vita yet to see if it's functional. It was really nice of them to honor the deal. I just wish I could've won in Taco Bell's snafu of a contest. Oh well, off to stimulate the economy with disposable income/petty cash. Now if only I could decide between WiFi or 3G...

BurningNad

Got mine today after having to call them up on Monday because I must have missed their call. I even got free shipping out of the ordeal (which I wouldn't have gotten if the order went through originally.) Score! Now my Vita feels complete.

Grinchy

Banned
Got mine today but no Vita yet to see if it's functional. It was really nice of them to honor the deal. I just wish I could've won in Taco Bell's snafu of a contest. Oh well, off to stimulate the economy with disposable income/petty cash. Now if only I could decide between WiFi or 3G...

I haven't seen many people stating there's any rational point in buying the 3G version.

LOL. My experience though Buy.com

Respond to Tiger Direct- no response
Message to Buy.com- no response
PayPal dispute- provide Tracking to get refund.
Tiger Direct- finally gives me a response, no return label
Tiger Direct- finally gives me a return label
Tiger Direct- want a card, click the link. Sure! No response.

Mail back Wipeout

PayPal- Tracking number not valid, no refund. LoL.
UPS- Package delivered
Tiger Direct- Crickets chirping

Me- Fucking never again, either of them. E-mail sent to Tiger Direct five minutes ago.

I haven't seen many people stating there's any rational point in buying the 3G version.
Thanks for the response. I have always bought the best I can afford, so when it comes to the Vita, I could be happy with Wi-Fi, but I'll probably spend $50 more for a $30 8GB memory card (hahaha) and the ABILITY to use 3G (if I ever decide I want it). Then again 3G uses more battery power and I've heard the system gives precedence to the 3G signal even within range of Wi-Fi... decisions, decisions.

Ran rp

Called Circuit City and reordering was swift and painless. Don't feel like calling TigerDirect for my second order though.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
PSY・S;36677610 said:
Called Circuit City and reordering was swift and painless. Don't feel like calling TigerDirect for my second order though.
I'll call and take it for you:)

Ran rp

Never mind it being painless. Looks like the support dude replaced the order with another WipEout instead of the 32GB card. Thank god I checked the confirmation email before it was sent for shipping.

Top Bottom