• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leaked Cable and Domino concept art for Deadpool 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyun Sai

Guys, even if Brad Pitt is not in the movie, let's not say he can't pull the shred at his age.

In Fury, not that long ago :

brad-pitt-shirtless-fury.gif

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone know the artist behind the concept art?

Or even the concept art for the first film:

Even better point!

WHAT WE HAVE LEARNED TODAY

1) Concept artists will plug famous faces into their concept art
2) Concept artists are asked to make concept art long before casting actually begins
3) The stuff you see in concept art is probably not going to make it to the screen exactly as you saw it in the concept art!
4) It apparently slipped Jeff Sneider's mind (because I'm sure he knows) how steps 1-3 work.

WHAT WE CAN SAY BASED ON THIS CONCEPT ART

1) We saw some concept art.

Bishop89

I'm so accustomed to the Marvel vs Capcom cable so it looks a bit weird to me but still looks good.

No knowledge of domino but she looks great

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Domino is an aweful character though. Her powers pretty much boil down to being deus ex machina the character right? Aka. Insanely lucky, always beats the odds, or something.

except the skin color Domino always been a chick with guns in leather
Needs MORE leather!!!

These are cool. Loving the Misty Domino thing they got going with the natural hair. Cable looks better than DC's Cyborg
It astounds me how DC could get Cyborg's design so wrong. Yeah, this Cable design looks more in tune to how a live-action Cyborg should've been, as in the look of the machine body looks more appealing to the Cie'th armor Justice League Cyborg has on. For me, with solid to alright designs like Superman, Batman(LOVE his look), Wonder Woman and Aquaman, both Cyborg and The Flash are just bad by comparison.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Domino looks good, Cable looks way more generic future soldier than he needs to be, kind of a disservice especially when they can get away with a more comic-y costume in the context of Deadpool.

caliph95

Not feeling Domino, but I'll get over it. She's never been a standout character for me anyway, save for her design. Brad Pitt looks cool.

I just want my X-Force
I'mma let you finsih but
thumb-1920-389767.jpg

this is the best X-Force of all time.

Yost and Spurrier's is pretty good

Zazie is gorgeous but people keep saying they aren't "feeling it".

Feels eerily similar to how people weren't "feeling" Zendaya's casting either...

Hmmm...

Feels eerily similar to how people weren't "feeling" Zendaya's casting either...

Hmmm...

I'm sure that may be a factor but I'd give the benefit of the doubt and say that it's difficult to get a feel for an actor's portrayal of a character by just their picture, so most people's initial feeling is skepticism. Especially someone like Mary-Jane who is so tied to her physical appearance, and specifically her hair. It'd be like if Gwen Stacy was cast as a brunette, it'd be weird to see.

LotusHD

Banned
What do you make of people like me then ?

I think this Domino, she looks rad.

Mary Jane tho ? Fuck that. :/

I dunno if Zendaya is getting red hair at some point in the film, but she can easily pull it off, so I'm all for it. I mean, I'm for her casting regardless, but yea. :p

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
Domino looks awesome as fuck.

Not sure if I'm digging Nathan "Tyler Durden" Summers though, and I'm a big fan of Pitt. Just doesn't scream "Cable" to me.

JimiNutz

Banned
I'm now fully behind Brad Pitt as Cable.

It's time Mr Pitt got in on the superhero action and I think he'd play well with Reynolds.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
the secret best X-Force run is actually the Spurrier run that nobody read because it came after the terrible Storm/Spiral/Puck run. Its incredibly fucked up, its the Nier Automata of comic books.

People that say the Remender run is the best are like those peeps that dont actually read comic books but latch onto whats popular to look like they do.

Thats right, I said it! :3

Kinyou

Hmmm...
Both are very different from the established comic look, so what's weird about it? And not like these are the only two actors where people were not "feeling it" before seeing the movie. Just remember Heath Ledger getting cast.

I was thinking how would domino be done because of casting a black actress. The reverse domino actually looks super nice! And that hair looks cool. Would have played with the costume making it a little bit more black and white though.
And yes, that face on Cable is totally Bradd Pitt lol (will probably be not be him though)

LionPride

Banned
Both are very different from the established comic look, so what's weird about it? And not like these are the only two actors where people were not "feeling it" before seeing the movie. Just remember Heath Ledger getting cast.
A lot of the not feeling it with Zenday MJ was raced based, a lot of the not feeling it with Zazie as Domino is people not appreciating greatness.

That Domino art is probably the best concept art of anything that I've ever seen in my life. It IS my life now.

Beautiful. Hope. Perfection.

caliph95

the secret best X-Force run is actually the Spurrier run that nobody read because it came after the terrible Storm/Spiral/Puck run. Its incredibly fucked up, its the Nier Automata of comic books.

People that say the Remender run is the best are like those peeps that dont actually read comic books but latch onto whats popular to look like they do.

Thats right, I said it! :3
I read both Remender is still better, Spurrier is great though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom