• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

factory workers, janitors, etc...everyone at Porsche will be rewarded €9,111 bonuses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Source: http://mashable.com/2017/03/23/porsche-rewards-workers/#0rk.n3LOgPqC

And there, Porsche is providing a whole new level of comfortably paid employment — every single one of the company's 21,000 employees is set to receive a massive €9,111 bonus, as The Drive reports. That's around $9,825.

Why? The luxury carmaker reached record sales last year — $24 billion in revenue, marking a 4 percent increase, according to a statement. So rather than piling all that extra money at that top of the corporate totem pole, Porsche decided to reward its thousands of workers.

The exact amount of each bonus is €9,111, a reference to the Porsche 911. That extra paycheck will be paid to everyone — factory workers, janitors, senior staff, engineers, cafeteria workers, and so forth.

Talk about #careergoals. That sort of generosity would be nice to find in the well-endowed corporations of America.

"For Porsche, 2016 was an eventful, emotional and, above all, highly successful year," Oliver Blume, chairman of the executive board of Porsche AG, said in a statement. "The expertise and passion of our staff forms the basis of a successful future for Porsche."

Of course, the company itself isn't the only one to thank for such a generous offering. Labor policies in Germany are remarkably different from those in the U.S. These days, Germany has stronger unions and labor representation at the highest levels of power in large companies.

Groups called "works councils" offer employees the opportunity to take part in their company's top decision-making. This happens through a labor representative that they elect. And that's a system that simply doesn't exist in the U.S., where executives make labor policy decisions behind closed doors.

Usobuko

Banned
Porsche have a wonderful 2016 financial year. Can't remember where I read it from though but something like per car model profit increases to usd 17k.

Dalek

Usually with most companies they post record shares and then pretend there's nothing left for the employees.

Like Hollywood Math.

Xando

A lot of larger companies in germany do this when it was a very good financial year. (I remember VW paying 10k or so to their employees a few years ago)

SiRatul

As far as I know all major car companies have been giving out these kind of bonuses to their workforce that are on labour contracts. And for the past few years they have kept growing. I think Porsche paid out nearly 9k last year or the year before as well. Of course they pay more than BMW, Daimler or Audi but the workers there also get 5-8k. It's a very nice gesture but I don't think it would be possible without the labour policies.

Rad-

That sounds great. That's a big ass bonus. I think the largest I have gotten was like 600€ and that was a record year for my company as well.

That sounds great. That's a big ass bonus. I think the largest I have gotten was like 600€ and that was a record year for my company as well.

serious? 600 euros as bonus? Curious but what do you work as?

from where i am from in singapore, we have something called 'Annual Wage Supplement' that is negotiated in the employment contracts for most employees that guaranteed at one month's salary worth of bonus at the end of the work year...

http://www.mom.gov.sg/employment-practices/salary/variable-wage-components

KHlover

Banned
Welcome to the German automobile industry. As far as I know the other car companies give put those bonuses as well (in addition to 13th salary, vacation money etc).

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
BMW paid over 3 billion euros in bonuses to their employees last year. Every single employee got this bonus. It's a multiplier on one months base salary.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
BMW paid over 3 billion euros in bonuses to their employees last year. Every single employee got this bonus. It's a multiplier on one months base salary.

I like this better than a salary multiplier because 9111 euros mean much more to lower wage workers than upper management.

Supercar-Sunset.jpg

DonMigs85

Shows just how evil corporate America is.
A bunch of bullies that derive sick pleasure from the suffering of the lower classes.

That is a good policy. For some of the employees that might mean a 30% increase in pay if not more. And it sounds like they do this regularly, last year also.

More companies should do this.

Sec0nd

I got super confused by the comma in the title. I thought the workers were getting 9 euros and 111 cents. That would've been lame lol. 9.000 euros is a really nice gesture though!

uwehck3ol1o.jpg

To be honest though, if this guy is in your office and says every Porsche worker gets a €9111 bonus, it's hard to say no

(Uwe Hück, head of the workers council and two time European Champion in Muay Thai)

Rad-

SomTervo

These days, Germany has stronger unions and labor representation at the highest levels of power in large companies.

rPNCqww.jpg

I got super confused by the comma in the title. I thought the workers were getting 9 euros and 111 cents. That would've been lame lol. 9.000 euros is a really nice gesture though!

But commas as decimal points doesn't make sense :S for 9 Euros and 11 cents that would be a decimal point, like 9.11

npm0925

This is outrageous. Why should the janitor receive the same amount as the CEO who does (conservatively) 300x as much work? Germany is so backward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom