• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

360 Slim - $299. 250GB, built in Wifi. Available now.

FrankT

ACE 1991 said:
Xbox slim get :D

Cigars and lawnchairs and all amirite.

Zombie James said:
http://www.anandtech.com/show/3774/welcome-to-valhalla-inside-the-new-250gb-xbox-360-slim

23401.png

23400.png

snd.png

For the new page. Tested with Halo 3 on the last fyi.

DasRaven

Vik_Vaughn said:
I'm a click away from doing the in-store pick up thing. Do I really need this guys?

Go for it! I just canceled my Amazon order and will be heading out to 3 stores to do the trade in. At this point, I'm not worried about being able to get one, more worried about getting the trade in deal before 07/11 since Gamestop's allocations seem very low on these.

kaskade

Another thing I wanted to do but couldn't because of my 20gb was buy some Games on Demand. There's a decent amount on there that I haven't played yet. Dead Space, Red Faction, and some more.

Spruchy

If you could plug an old hard drive into this I would be all over it, but having 3 xboxes in the house and constantly going to mates make this unjustifiable for me.

Spruchy said:
If you could plug an old hard drive into this I would be all over it, but having 3 xboxes in the house and constantly going to mates make this unjustifiable for me.
You could keep your gamertag, and even saves, on a thumb drive.

JambiBum

So I'm wondering if I'm just being daft and can't find it or if the new 360 doesn't have one. Is there a memory card slot anywhere on this thing? I transferred my old save files to a memory card thinking that I could just copy them over to my new slim. Unpack everything and can't seem to find a damn place for the card. Anyone help?

FrankT

Spasm said:
Stock checker on Best Buy's website is working. 1 of the stores near me says 'available'.

Yea from what I'm reading it seems Best Buy maybe a decent bet today.

JambiBum said:
So I'm wondering if I'm just being daft and can't find it or if the new 360 doesn't have one. Is there a memory card slot anywhere on this thing? I transferred my old save files to a memory card thinking that I could just copy them over to my new slim. Unpack everything and can't seem to find a damn place for the card. Anyone help?

SOL bro. AKA no it doesn't.

-PXG- said:
Starting today, you can pre-order the Slims at GameStop. Chances are, stores have already sold through their extremely limited allocation. My store won't be getting more until July 6th (could be earlier or later for other stores/ regions). Again, they are now available for reserve ($50 minimum deposit).

Best of luck to those who are hunting for them today. Anyway, I'm about to move my setup downstairs, sit on my ass all day and enjoy my new slim :D Glad US didn't lose, but they should've had that third goal. Ref fucked them over on that BS offside call :/ England and Algeria later, but Xbox is more important ;)

Well at least they are letting you do that now.

Sean

Banned
Just got back with my 360 slim. Wanted to give a quick heads up that this stacks with the Edge card, so you can get an extra 10% trade-in value on accessories (meaning the WiFi adapter would get you $44 rather than $40 for example). May have been mentioned in this thread already but I didn't see it.

Since my Edge card expired I renewed it for free basically (and saved a dollar). But if you have an Edge card already you can save like another $20 that way. Also the trade-in value on Chatpad keyboard thing is $6.

-PXG-

Starting today, you can pre-order the Slims at GameStop. Chances are, stores have already sold through their extremely limited allocation. My store won't be getting more until July 6th (could be earlier or later for other stores/ regions). Again, they are now available for reserve ($50 minimum deposit).

Best of luck to those who are hunting for them today. Anyway, I'm about to move my setup downstairs, sit on my ass all day and enjoy my new slim :D Glad US didn't lose, but they should've had that third goal. Ref fucked them over on that BS offside call :/ England and Algeria later, but Xbox is more important ;)

theultimo

JambiBum said:
Yeah...nope, sorry.

Does anyone think the new controller is any better? Testing so far has the dpad a little better, and its ALL black now, even the sticks.

And fyi - our Gamestop had 4 in. sold out within 3 mins of opening the package.

Spasm

JambiBum said:
If you've already gotten rid of your old 360, you're screwed. No MU slots on the slim.

Your best bet at this point is to find a USB stick, format it on your slim, take your MU and your USB stick to another 360 (Maybe Gamestop'll let you use your old one?), and transfer from the MU to the USB stick.

FrankT

black_vegeta said:
The Best Buy stores around me have them "Available." Sucks that I can't get one. :-(

San Diego, CA if anyone wants to know.

Yup all but one around me says in stock atm. Gamestops notta.

-PXG-

theultimo said:
Yeah...nope, sorry.

Does anyone think the new controller is any better? Testing so far has the dpad a little better, and its ALL black now, even the sticks.

It probably feels better because it's not broken in. And yeah, the all black scheme is really nice. The chrome guide button is a nice touch.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Got mine! With trade in of a launch Pro, 20 gig hard drive, 2 controllers, a few games and a extra $25 added on for trading in hardware, my final price was $65
:D

IMG_2075.JPG

Excuse the IGN thing, yes i primarily post there. Dont flog me.

Sorry if this was posted....I'm at work so I can't run through the thread.

$130 360 Arcade + $50 GC at Target B&M (only B&M) -- Details can be found here at slickdeals

I know it's not slim related, but it's definitely deals related

lachesis

ElNino said:
You could also try setting your router to use the 2.4ghz band for N instead of 5.8ghz. I've tested both on my router and I've found that 2.4ghz seems better at connecting through walls than 5.8ghz does.

Thing about wifi n is that if you do mix them up with legacy (g,b etc) wifi equipments, your throughput gets a big hit - so it's better to separate the 2 signals. It does seem that 5.0ghz has more sensitive with walls and all, but my house is pretty tiny, so it hasn't been a issue.

theultimo

And for those wondering if there will be an arcade version -

The SKU says this:

XBOX 360 S PREM SYSTEM XBOX 360 EN/ES US HDW

I'm guessing an elite version and arcade at some point?

theultimo

Edit -

for the noise issue - The noise has gone down quite a bit, a little quiter then my Fat PS3. Haven't tried a disc yet, transferring sucks when you have 16GB and 120GB to transfer :(

FLEABttn

Banned
Micromegas said:
New slim, not exactly whisper quiet. At only a ~3dB difference between the Slim and the Jasper... wtf?

watership said:
I'd trust people's experience more than dB numbers.

Decibels are logarithmic, so a 3 decibel reduction equates to the drive being half as loud.

Somebody didn't pay attention in science class =|

Pagusas said:
Got mine! With trade in of a launch Pro, 20 gig hard drive, 2 controllers, a few games and a extra $25 added on for trading in hardware, my final price was $65
Wait, the $25 stacks with the $100 price?

Edit: Seems some people just got lucky with store errors. I'm so going to trade in my DSi for this. Fuck you DSi, I've hated you so much.

Called mine, not that I thought there was even a chance of getting one today, and every single one of the 6 Gamestops within 10 minutes of me got their shipments in today, and every single one sold every single one of them.

JohngPR

69902298.jpg

So I called up the Gamestop that said they would get a few in today and they didn't answer. I pretty much figured they weren't answering because they were dealing with getting the new 360's in so I started packing up my shit and headed over there. I call while I'm on my way over there and the guy picks up and says they are currently processing the new 360's so I should get over there if I want one.

Apparently they only had 8-9 and I got one of them! I got $195 in trade-in credit for my old system so I paid $100 plus tax for the system.

FrankT

TheApatheticOne said:
Called mine, not that I thought there was even a chance of getting one today, and every single one of the 6 Gamestops within 10 minutes of me got their shipments in today, and every single one sold every single one of them.

As above states try your local Best Buys it would seem.

Varshes

Toronto/Canada GAF, my EB is getting them today but they received their shipment yet.

They also seem to have a deal where you get $50 extra when you trade hardware towards another hardware. So you'd get $75 for a 360 now, but you could potentially trade in any hardware and get $50 more towards the new 360.

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
guys, Im heading to LA the 1st of July, any recomendation where I can find this beauty? Im only staying for 5 days Ihope I can get one!

-PXG-

theultimo said:
Edit -

for the noise issue - The noise has gone down quite a bit, a little quiter then my Fat PS3. Haven't tried a disc yet, transferring sucks when you have 16GB and 120GB to transfer :(

At least it's not this loud.

Pagusas

Elden Member
TheApatheticOne said:

Thats how the 3 stores around me were, I finally called the local mall store and they said they were waiting on UPS to see if they would get any. So I took a VERY early lunch, went over there and waited for the tuck, came in and they got 6 of them. they were getting calls like EVERY minute!

Pagusas said:

wait..they gave you the $100, then still added the 25?

Pagusas

Elden Member
Rollo Larson said:
wait..they gave you the $100, then still added the 25?

Correct, i got $125 for my launch pro. Not sure why or how, but he kept trying to get the $25 bonus credit to work, than added a manual correct to add it in. He did this for the 3 other people in line too.

Kolgar

Just got home from my nearest Gamestop in So. Wisconsin. UPS cart came by 25 minutes after the store opened. BINGO! Ten units.

But the trade-in values of an old 360 didn't compute! The guy had to make a phone call to verify that Gamestop is giving $100 in trade, and I had to correct him on the values for 120GB hard drives ($40, not $26) and 64MB memory units ($10, not $7.50).

Watch out and make sure you get proper credit!

I'M TRIPLE SLIM SEXY!

Alucrid said:
That happened to mine, however the clerk told me that they got an email about it giving them permission to override the current values for the ones listed. [This was yesterday btw.]

I was like, "Dude, your trade-in deal is all OVER the Internet and the Gamestop website. Poor guy responded, "Too bad we don't have Internet." :lol

To his credit, he was nice and he did hook me up. Now it's time for me to go hook up teh new hotness!

Alucrid

Banned
Kolgar said:
Just got home from my nearest Gamestop in So. Wisconsin. UPS cart came by 25 minutes after the store opened. BINGO! Ten units.

But the trade-in values of an old 360 didn't compute! The guy had to make a phone call to verify that Gamestop is giving $100 in trade, and I had to correct him on the values for 120GB hard drives ($40, not $26) and 64MB memory units ($10, not $7.50).

Watch out and make sure you get proper credit!

I'M TRIPLE SLIM SEXY!

That happened to mine, however the clerk told me that they got an email about it giving them permission to override the current values for the ones listed. [This was yesterday btw.]

Top Bottom