• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: 3DS finally hacked?

M3d10n

The real challenge starts now: executing code in user mode via save exploits is one thing, finding vulnerabilities that allow other ROMs to be loaded is a completely different game.

Spike

If they can remove the region lock and allow us to install our retail games onto SD card, then I'd bite.

hunnies28

When does a hack become not fake without an actual release? Not really involved in the scene but actually curious upon reading some of the comments.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
It would have been hacked even if it didn't have region lock, so Nintendo didn't bring anything on themselves.

It lends the hacker a form of legitimacy though...

Petrie

Banned
Let's hope so. Having to use separate carts for a portable library in this day and age is why I don't have a 3DS yet.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
It could be just displaying a hacked DS program, just saying.

Let's hope so. Having to use separate carts for a portable library in this day and age is why I don't have a 3DS yet.

Pretty much all (new) games are being released digitally too nowadays.

Petrie

Banned

And if it was better with pricing that'd be great, but it seems to be the reverse, and I don't pay the same price for digital versions of most games. Steam has spoiled me.

But even removing that, having it only be part of the library means I'm not interested.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Homebrew in 3D could be very interesting.

I'd love to see something like space invaders or even a homebrew version of the Starwars wireframe arcade game done in 3D.

So basically...this as of now...is nothing...?

Homebrew in 3D could be very interesting.

I'd love to see something like space invaders or even a homebrew version of the Starwars wireframe arcade game done in 3D.

Homebrew hardly ever interests me as I just think its a waste of time on something that can be done better on other platforms; but 3D is a very interesting addition that nothing else can offer like the 3DS can.

Foffy

Banned
Couldn't it just as easily be a DS homebrew executed to show this text on the 3DS? There are a number of DS flashcards that work on 3DS..

I'll wait for something more concrete, but I'll see how it goes in regards of hacks if it's true. You all know some game won't be released worldwide even if it's in English, and region locking is a fucking cancer for enthusiastic consumers like us.

Petrie

Banned
I read that post thinking about piracy. Like uploading the contents and posting it on the net so everyone else can download it.

I don't care what you do with your own games. Petrie, I'd do the same to my own collection.

Well 3DS Roms are already on the internet aren't they?

Unfortunately this would let them be played, but frankly I care more about my ability to load all my games conveniently than I do a bunch of pirates getting to play for free. They aren't going to buy the games anyways, so don't neuter the convenience of my stuff on account of them.

Really? Is there any proof of this? Why do you mention Dolphin (Wii/GameCube)?

I might be mistaken but I think that's achieved using iZ3D and 3D Vision. With those, I think there is some sort of logic which allows any game to become 3D (with varying degrees of success).

cyberheater

I might be mistaken but I think that's achieved using iZ3D and 3D Vision. With those, I think there is some sort of logic which allows any game to become 3D (with varying degrees of success).

I tried the gamecube version of F-Zero under emulation on my PC using 3D version. The 3D was absolutely incredible and deep. The geometry to work out the 3D is already in the scene.

nasos_333

I will eventually be able to download Bravely Default from Japan store ?

Tears running down :), i so want that game

please let the 3DS play japanese games

That !!!!!

I want games like Ni no Kuni and Bravely Default more than anything on DS-3DS and they are the ones not coming to US :(

Spike

While true, I haven't paid more than $20 new for any 3DS game at retail. I can't get that with digital. And I still don't trust Nintendo with their DRM tied to the original purchasing console nonsense...

Petrie

Banned
While true, I haven't paid more than $20 new for any 3DS game at retail. I can't get that with digital. And I still don't trust Nintendo with their DRM tied to the original purchasing console nonsense...

This.

Flash cart or bust.

upandaway

Like everyone said, region lock. Region lock region lock region lock.

If they can get the region free going, I buy a 3DS XL at that same second, just to avoid the impending firmware update. Region free systems save me so much money that otherwise goes nowhere important.

Top Bottom