• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Why don't you just stay off GAF? Being ban doesn't mean you still can't come to GAF and view. Seems weird that you have to be ban just to stay off GAF.

GAF is an addiction, a lifestyle. I instinctively refresh the tab even when I'm not intending to look at any topics just for the sake of it. I'm already doomed. Sometimes you just need a message telling you to fuck off to cure the itch long enough to get your affairs in order.

Uraizen

Banned
My school schedule is going to be crazy busy for the next week or so (I have three exams coming up, two of them are on the same day) and I figured that not attending to GAF would help me not be distracted as much (because believe me...you can get distracted pretty easily by being on here)

Self-control is a life skill you would benefit greatly from and this would have been a good chance to practice. I guess responding to this is pointless, though.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
For real? I missed it entirely then.

You did indeed:

Ace Combat: Assault Horizon has a patch in the works:

Is another GFWL removal on the horizon?

Edit: This is the first patch the game is set to receive since releasing more than a year ago so I'd be surprised if it were in relation to anything else.

And the following day Scamco added the description:

So I guess this confirms that a GFWL removal patch is coming for Ace Combat.

gUWtVWs.png

http://steamdb.info/app/228400/#section_depots

Am I late to this party?

I even bumped the Joystiq thread!

Backlogger

Huh? I'm 28 and have like 2 beers every 2 months. And how does drinking alcohol and anything to do with viewing a game forum? I wasn't trying to be a dick just honestly wondering because being ban doesn't mean you still stop viewing GAF.

For some people not being able to post on GAF might be enough to keep them away. I lurked on GAF a lot before actually becoming a member, but somehow becoming a member made me visit the site a lot more often especially when I should be doing something else like working.

sprinkles

I just read/finished (one ending) of Dysfunctional Systems: Learning to Manage Chaos which is currently available for $4.89 in the Indie Gala bundle. It was a really good read for a Visual Novel and reminded me a bit of when Star Trek episodes dealt with it's "Prime Directive" and the problems that follow. I hope the current Kickstarter campaign to finish the rest of the series will be successful as the first episode set up a really fascinating SciFi universe and interesting characters.

Now off to see the other endings..

Matchew

For some people not being able to post on GAF might be enough to keep them away. I lurked on GAF a lot before actually becoming a member, but somehow becoming a member made me visit the site a lot more often especially when I should be doing something else like working.

Fair enough, but I have to agree with what Uraizen said. I'll drop the conversation.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Have the Commandos games aged well? Never played a game of the series so this looks like the perfect opportunity to jump in

Tizoc

Have the Commandos games aged well? Never played a game of the series so this looks like the perfect opportunity to jump in

Based of this post, yes:
I can not recommend these games enough. Whenever someone talks about the best stealth games things like Thief, Splinter Cell, Mark Of Ninja, Tenchu, even some odd ones like Amnesia: The Dark Descent. pop up, but far and above all of them in mind are the Commandos series.
Aye they are top down or isometric, but that in no way takes away from the key aspect of properly planning (or being quite lucky and barrelling through), while using surroundings and items to best dispatch, distract, or fully sneak past enemies and sometimes wildlife while completing a series of missions during war time.

While somewhat dated in user interface, still fully practical and and one will get used to them and have plenty of tactical options to take advantage of quickly and easily once they get used to it if they only know modern game interfaces.
Some effort may be required to get it work on modern systems (Vista and above) depending on the set-up, but can be done with plenty of guides online to help you should you require to alter anything.

If you don't want all the games, just one to try out one, I recommend Commandos 2 - Men Of Courage to try out. It's $0.59 USD, worth the risk at least.

I'd request a ban during the next few weeks as I have to memorize 207 bones(plus their parts) but I know it wouldn't do anything as I'd still be able to browse the site and have access to dozens of other things. Just have to be responsible.

Uraizen

Banned
Good stuff Jase! I'm excited for the potential for Dark Souls.

If Bandai is willing to requisition the required investment to get Ace Combat ported over than, assuredly, they would be willing to do the same for their most successful PC franchise.

Capcom could learn a thing or two from them.

Tellaerin

This is sad. I ended up with a couple of foil cards, but they're apparently not in high demand, so they're just sitting there. Bleh.

Hoping so too, card art is nice and beautiful as expected.

Current cost of completing a badge is in the $40 range, hope those buyers hurry up and idle down that cost because I actually want this badge haha

The prices still are high, so I'm hoping to sell some of the cards while they're fresh in the market and then buy then back to craft the badge when the inevitable price crash happens. I'm hoping the backgrounds follow the same quality as the cards.

Grief.exe

Capcom could learn a thing or two from them.

Both Capcom and Microsoft have the most work to do in order to fix up their prior games.

Capcom is probably just daunted by the initial investment, or how to tackle such a massive project. I would just say put two to five people on it and just have them work through the games consecutively until they are finished. Of course, to get them all completed by the deadline they would have had to be forward thinking enough to start in early 2013.

Thorgal

Just remembered about Trails in the sky Chapters 1 and 2 which where coming to Steam .

Any news so far ?

This was there last update :

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/02/17/legend-heroes-trails-sky-pc-may-delayed-summer/

Update: Xseed got in touch with us to let us know that the game is “definitely not delayed to Summer,” and is still planned for release in “Winter 2013/14″. We’ve updated our headline to reflect this statement. The original version of this post follows below.

If they plan to release it during the winter it can't be much longer as that window is slowly closing .

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I'm finally discovering the joys of borderless windowed mode in a TV + monitor setup.

Arthea

That's sort of awesome and creepy too. (><)

Just remembered about Trails in the sky Chapters 1 and 2 which where coming to Steam .

Any news so far ?

This was there last update :

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/02/17/legend-heroes-trails-sky-pc-may-delayed-summer/

If they plan to release it during the winter it can't be much longer as that window is slowly closing .

If you are interested in some facts, some hearsay and a bit of speculation on my part.
Xseed admitted that the first game was little delayed some time ago, at that point many believed, myself included that a game still will come this winter, but most likely it'll be spring.
I posted twitter pic in II thread (about 31 finished Trails cards) what could suggest that a game is either finished or almost finished.
Also I think that second game is unlikely to released this year as was planned, as it requires much more work, but let's hope I'm wrong and we still can get both games this year.

So can we VPN Thief tonight? I presume its out in other regions. Is that "legal"? Same thing happened with Farcry 3 where NA got it like 4 days later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom