• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

24hr

Loving The Division, how come this game gets so much hate? Did it play different when it first launched?

EL CUCO

Loving The Division, how come this game gets so much hate? Did it play different when it first launched?
The game hit a brick wall at end game during its first few months. It's bounced back nicely thanks to a lot of community feedback and Massive actually sticking by the game.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The game hit a brick wall at end game during its first few months. It's bounced back nicely thanks to a lot of community feedback and Massive actually sticking by the game.

I dunno. End game is still (IMO) poor. Underground is a grind for better gear to put to use in Incursions (lol who is playing those though) for better gear to possibly use in Last Stand.

The only (IMO) beneficial addition has been Survival, and that's because it changes the game up radically AND doesn't require massive grind (outside of the mode itself) to play, you can go in "solo" and play it PvE or PvP.

IMO Massive needs to do more than trying to entice people into PvP and the Dark Zone. It's been nearly a year and no story continuation despite ending on a cliff-hanger.

I dunno. End game is still (IMO) poor. Underground is a grind for better gear to put to use in Incursions (lol who is playing those though) for better gear to possibly use in Last Stand.

The only (IMO) beneficial addition has been Survival, and that's because it changes the game up radically AND doesn't require massive grind (outside of the mode itself) to play, you can go in "solo" and play it PvE or PvP.

IMO Massive needs to do more than trying to entice people into PvP and the Dark Zone. It's been nearly a year and no story continuation despite ending on a cliff-hanger.

In all fairness, most of the end-game in these types of games is all about loot and different ways to get them. Where the game falls flat is variety of missions for PvE players. I don't mind the daily missions structure, but i would have been happier if there were a mission or so in each district that wasn't a part of the story.

Once you have that, the daily grind becomes a bit more appealing. The incursions should have offered a set of Incursion specific gear, weapons and cosmetics. It would have made playing them much more consumable.

This reads like these game modes progressively offer rewards to move to the next game mode in line or harder content which couldn't be further from the truth as you can get the same gear across all of those different modes and more. With the loot system currently in the game there is no particular mode you have to play to get gear for another mode.

In all fairness, most of the end-game in these types of games is all about loot and different ways to get them. Where the game falls flat is variety of missions for PvE players. I don't mind the daily missions structure, but i would have been happier if there were a mission or so in each district that wasn't a part of the story.

Once you have that, the daily grind becomes a bit more appealing. The incursions should have offered a set of Incursion specific gear, weapons and cosmetics. It would have made playing them much more consumable.

Where the game falls flat is not having worthwhile content to use that min/maxed gear and builds that you've poured a ton of time into on. That would be a real end-game scenario. This is a problem with other games of this ilk as well.

Once you get past the 1-30 game and then to the highest World Tier available, and then create a handful of builds that you enjoy using with the required corresponding weapons you won't have much else to look forward to as the content (S&D, HVTs, Roaming Bosses, Challenging missions, Incursions, Underground Ops, and the Dark Zone) will have already dried up long before you get to that point. By then, however, the game will likely shift with another major overhaul (because the game still doesn't have a solid core foundation and changes every two months or so) and gear score increase telling you that you not only need to play completely different but all your gear is completely worthless as well.

That said, I love the game too.

Cool, without any other players interrupting and so?

And what DLC-pack adds PvE-things? And is it good?

You have the option to matchmake for all activities so it's your choice if you want to play with just the two of you or invite random players.

Underground and Survival both add pve.

UG is okay for getting quick loot but it's an absolutely soulless mode. Survival is great though.

Ozorov

You have the option to matchmake for all activities so it's your choice if you want to play with just the two of you or invite random players.

Underground and Survival both add pve.

UG is okay for getting quick loot but it's an absolutely soulless mode. Survival is great though.

Okey thanks for the info! Anything I should know before I start playing it?

Cool, without any other players interrupting and so?

And what DLC-pack adds PvE-things? And is it good?

PvE content becomes quite sparse in the main game rather quickly resulting in repeating everything over and over so I wouldn't skip the Underground Ops as it at least offers another PvE option with randomly generated encounters, a ranking/progression system, and a decent amount of customization (unlocks, number of phases, modifiers, and difficulty) all the while you can use your main characters and all the gear you've acquired up to that point and any gear acquired during an Underground Op as well.

EL CUCO

PvE content becomes quite sparse in the main game rather quickly resulting in repeating everything over and over so I wouldn't skip the Underground Ops as it at least offers another PvE option with randomly generated encounters, a ranking/progression system, and a decent amount of customization (unlocks, number of phases, modifiers, and difficulty) all the while you can use your main characters and all the gear you've acquired up to that point and any gear acquired during an Underground Op as well.
Underground also offers the best vanity set, Banshee.

delume

Just bought this but when I started it up it stays on the connecting screen. Is it down right now? Looking forward to the grind. :)
Edit: Restart and away we go!

Finally got this - is it normal that the PS4 Brightness setting in game never has the picture disappearing like it says it should as you lower brightness??

GazzaGSi

Awesome run on survival tonight. Last session was almost 2 hours and after an hour had the server to myself so majority of the loot in the DZ wasn't taken. Was a bit pissed my antivirals were in a landmark (normal DZ05 car park extraction) with 5 elites and named boss so went back for that after gearing up abit.
Was close though, almost shit it in the first minute entering the DZ straight into a group of veterans which aggro'd a nearby landmark, fortunately had a medkit to review myself and leg it.

Had a right brain fart though, couldn't remember hardly any division tech locations and kept going to where they normally are! Fortunately I had the advanced mask so just hit the contaminated zones as there's plenty in them. One poor soul did die by the hunter on his extraction, after getting to his location to revive he'd already left and it wasn't hard to see why with blue and green gear.

I thought I'd left it too late as I called the extraction with 5 minutes left on the timer so didn't want a long battle with the hunter. Two swift headshots with the M44 and he was down, didn't even get chance to heal himself.

The DZ itself seemed a quiet server, before heading off to survival I made 3 extractions all loot from chests and elites in DZ06, only went in for the divtech to complete the daily assignment but a couple of random mobs drops some loot so ended up staying for a bit.

Quick question, do you guys rush to the DZ in Survival and avoid enemies to get materials and divtech to then start clearing landmarks or do you go in with blues and purples with plenty of materials so you can fight as soon as you enter? Most of the time I get a full set of purples before going in but feel I'm contstrained by time once I'm in there to take it steady but if I rush I can't fight shit except red bar mobs.

Quick question, do you guys rush to the DZ in Survival and avoid enemies to get materials and divtech to then start clearing landmarks or do you go in with blues and purples with plenty of materials so you can fight as soon as you enter? Most of the time I get a full set of purples before going in but feel I'm contstrained by time once I'm in there to take it steady but if I rush I can't fight shit except red bar mobs.

Faster in the DZ = more DT = faster High-ends. It's good if you want to try and extract with up to 6 survival caches in the backpack, otherwise you can take your time getting in.

I usually get in around 35-40 minutes on my infection time. There is a lot of DT that can be picked up without fighting mobs so by the time I want to clear landmarks and bosses, I have almost all HE gear on.

I've gone in with a mix of blues and purples, heck even green items at times. You can sneak around a fair bit and dodge mobs, and the landmark mobs usually don't aggro too much. All the materials always spawn in the same places, so depending on where you spawn into the game, it's a bit of luck and familiarity that determines how quickly you can get into the DZ.

If you can craft both the filters super early on, then it's a good idea to hit the contaminated zones in the LZ for tons of stuff. If not then get your filters, craft 2 skills and rush in to the DZ.

EL CUCO

My friend is stuck at the connection screen (PS4), first time he plays it. Common issue?
It seems to be happening to some people for whatever reason. A restart usually gets it going again, assuming there's nothing wrong with the servers.

Ozorov

It seems to be happening to some people for whatever reason. A restart usually gets it going again, assuming there's nothing wrong with the servers.

Apparently there is a "fix". When the first warning thing pops up, you press the Home-button. Go to Network and test your connection. Then you go back into the game lol.

This is actually a real solution that Ubisoft recommends.

GazzaGSi

Faster in the DZ = more DT = faster High-ends. It's good if you want to try and extract with up to 6 survival caches in the backpack, otherwise you can take your time getting in.

I usually get in around 35-40 minutes on my infection time. There is a lot of DT that can be picked up without fighting mobs so by the time I want to clear landmarks and bosses, I have almost all HE gear on.

I've gone in with a mix of blues and purples, heck even green items at times. You can sneak around a fair bit and dodge mobs, and the landmark mobs usually don't aggro too much. All the materials always spawn in the same places, so depending on where you spawn into the game, it's a bit of luck and familiarity that determines how quickly you can get into the DZ.

If you can craft both the filters super early on, then it's a good idea to hit the contaminated zones in the LZ for tons of stuff. If not then get your filters, craft 2 skills and rush in to the DZ.

Awesome thanks. I'm spending far too long sometimes in the LZ stocking up on mats for when I enter the DZ and converting my green and blues into HE materials, should just loot the HE materials in the DZ to save time really.

Survival has really started to grow on me now whereas at launch I gave it a bit of a wide birth. Now barely even touch anything outside of survival other than Lex for quick phx creds and the DZ.

My best extraction a week ago- had all HE's with mats to spare, 6 survival caches, 15 mins left on infection and had defeated 4 hunters. Score was around 14k.

C3SHwNIUEAAcRZU.jpg:large

How many people still play (on PS4 or Xbox) as compared to, say, Destiny or Siege? Just curious. Wondering if it's worth my time jumping back in as someone who hasn't played since launch.

How many people still play (on PS4 or Xbox) as compared to, say, Destiny or Siege? Just curious. Wondering if it's worth my time jumping back in as someone who hasn't played since launch.

Regarding The Division overall? No idea. Here? I'd say PS4 makes up the majority of players. I play on PC (15 days in-game) mostly now but used to play on Xbox One (45 days in-game).

Destiny is seemingly dead right now.

No idea on Rainbow Six although I'd love a new single player/co-op experience from that franchise.

Edit: To directly answer your question about The Division you should be fine with all activities other than Incursions as far as finding people to play with. Also, there is a game-changing 1.6 Update/Legendary missions/new Incursion/dedicated PvP DLC coming in about a month so player population should increase a bit. Player reception to that update will decide the population going forward.

I mean, if you are still in the 1-30 game you will struggle to matchmake for missions this far in from release but that is to be expected.

There's been a lot of changes since launch so this might be helpful although a bit outdated as this info was introduced in the 1.4 update with 1.5 being the current live version of the game and 1.6 right around the corner but anyways...

Introduction to World Tiers

...you'll have to work your way through each World Tier ultimately reaching World Tier 5 where you'll get the best gear (stat range wise) and where the real, well, what this game offers anyways, end-game begins.

I've reinstalled... I'm going to finish off the campaign (solo).
I believe I've hit a bug.
If I fast travel to anywhere the enemies all lock at level 25 (in the world and in the missions), If I walk from the base it all scales appropriately... it's just post fast travel.

Definite bug, or is this something to do with the world tiers?
I'm currently level 18.

Also, is there something I can farm for xp & gear so I can steam roll the missions?
Are there any rewards for collecting all the intel stuff?
I don't want to MP, and I'm just looking to get through the campaign.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Right now I am lvl 17. Says I've played 18 hours and have done 47% of the story. I am at Clinton area with just a few side missions and the main mission to do. Pretty much cleared the entire left side of the DZ.

I am struggling to bring myself to play as much now. It is so repetitive. To give you an idea of how much I've been playing I started just after finishing Watch Dogs 2 so roughly about mid December. I am just wondering if it's worth continuing. Does it change much when I get to lvl 30?

delume

Just hit level 7 and got the three parts of my base online. Apart from just bombarding you with stats, map points, and game systems at the beginning, I am really enjoying this. When it does matchmake me in with another low-level player or two it becomes even better and it makes me wish I had started paying when the player count was higher. It reminds me of when I started playing Destiny and you're not sure what is important so you kill everything and detour for every public event. Quick question: is the only way to bump the main three stats by equipping different gear? Thanks.

Neverfade

Is The Dark Zone useless before 30 or is my gear just garbo? I'm getting ate up in there.

Any dope hotspots for decent upgrades in the level 9-10 range?

Should I be buying Vendor gear? Crafting?

Had an insanely fun Survival run just now: I was the only one who survived and had the whole map for myself lol. Oddly enough, this was in PvE! I ended up with 6 Survival Caches and a ton of stuff.

I just can't get enough of Survival... I play it everyday 😁

Mubrik

Had an insanely fun Survival run just now: I was the only one who survived and had the whole map for myself lol. Oddly enough, this was in PvE! I ended up with 6 Survival Caches and a ton of stuff.

I just can't get enough of Survival... I play it everyday 😁

sure. as long as you don't get stuck on a fabric container!. survival is fun.
fucking massive.

first post btw.

Ozorov

Just hit level 7 and got the three parts of my base online. Apart from just bombarding you with stats, map points, and game systems at the beginning, I am really enjoying this. When it does matchmake me in with another low-level player or two it becomes even better and it makes me wish I had started paying when the player count was higher. It reminds me of when I started playing Destiny and you're not sure what is important so you kill everything and detour for every public event. Quick question: is the only way to bump the main three stats by equipping different gear? Thanks.

I started playing with a friend yesterday from lvl 1, we also got to lvl 7. You should find a mate to play this game with, makes it 1000 times more fun.

Mubrik

different and better gear yes. also with gear mods.
same story for weapon stats. increased with weapon mods

Dunfisch

Is The Dark Zone useless before 30 or is my gear just garbo? I'm getting ate up in there.

Any dope hotspots for decent upgrades in the level 9-10 range?

Should I be buying Vendor gear? Crafting?

You're in a problematic level range for trying the DZ. At around 10, your gear is mostly greens and blues. There's insufficient burst DPS to mow down purple and gold enemies, which are everpresent in there. You also have, relative to your level, insufficient armor for damage mitigation.

If you so badly need to gear up, I'd say run side missions, collect some money (also sell stuff you don't need) and invest a base upgrade in the security wing, the armory. That'll spawn a weapons vendor who sells the good stuff. Levelled guns at all times, and as you go he'll bump from blues to purples to high end.

Crafting is for the most part to fill out holes in your gear, say when you haven't been getting a good backpack drop in 5-7 levels.

Neverfade

You're in a problematic level range for trying the DZ. At around 10, your gear is mostly greens and blues. There's insufficient burst DPS to mow down purple and gold enemies, which are everpresent in there. You also have, relative to your level, insufficient armor for damage mitigation.

If you so badly need to gear up, I'd say run side missions, collect some money (also sell stuff you don't need) and invest a base upgrade in the security wing, the armory. That'll spawn a weapons vendor who sells the good stuff. Levelled guns at all times, and as you go he'll bump from blues to purples to high end.

Crafting is for the most part to fill out holes in your gear, say when you haven't been getting a good backpack drop in 5-7 levels.

Awesome! Super useful info, thank you!

sure. as long as you don't get stuck on a fabric container!. survival is fun.
fucking massive.

first post btw.

o_O never had this happen to me

Oh, in that run I described, the game crashed right after I killed the hunter. Luckily enough I got in again, just called in the chopper and extracted.

GazzaGSi

Massive is asking for feedback about Last Stand:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1564840

Here's a good bit of feedback, don't fucking release it. Absolute mess with a minimalistic game mode that once the novelty of a pvp game mode wears off is no different to the DZ with a hip firing circle dance carnival. The PVE element is absolute toss as your team will just lose if 2 or 3 players go farming npcs. Again, massive trying to strike gold again trying to incorporate the 2 when it just fucks either over. And don't get me started on the reworks/balancing.

Mubrik

Massive is asking for feedback about Last Stand:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1564840

hahaha

look who's here ;)

yup. verification took forever i guess. lol
let me keep my god roll famas for 1.6 pls massive.

o_O never had this happen to me

Oh, in that run I described, the game crashed right after I killed the hunter. Luckily enough I got in again, just called in the chopper and extracted.

Got stuck on a fabric box in a run, tried everything to get out including grenades and dying to the cold. Grim looted my body in good fashion in the end, i swear i could hear ruthless laughing in the background

Roughly a year after release, it is mystifying and amazing to me how frequently you clip through stuff and get stuck. Four times I've had to find a way to checkpoint or reset a mission.

And then now Ubisoft's server decided to have a hiccup right after I'd completed the final-seeming story mission. I got to see the beautiful purple rain, and then an error message. Of course I can't get into that area again afterwards, would have to replay the mission.

I think I'm done with this game. Would've been ok if it wasn't such a buggy piece of shit.

yup. verification took forever i guess. lol
let me keep my god roll famas for 1.6 pls massive.

Your Bullfrog should stay as is unless they re-roll the other non-Exotic talents on it and/or the base damage in turning it into an Exotic weapon. They've been a bit unclear/inconsistent on how legacy gear will make the jump and in my experience with existing gear in the PTS builds.

Your Bullfrog should stay as is unless they re-roll the other non-Exotic talents on it and/or the base damage in turning it into an Exotic weapon. They've been a bit unclear/inconsistent on how legacy gear will make the jump and in my experience with existing gear in the PTS builds.

All talents will get re-rolled on exotics.

Got stuck on a fabric box in a run, tried everything to get out including grenades and dying to the cold. Grim looted my body in good fashion in the end, i swear i could hear ruthless laughing in the background

Survival of the fittest :p

Top Bottom