• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rick & Morty [Mafia] |OT| Someone's been spending too much time around glowing rocks

Yeah I missed the vote yesterday for similar reasons, at least today we've had more day for discussion. Do you think it's odd that you were targeted by the voteblock twice? Seems like if scum had that much confidence you were town they would have killed you last night. Strange..
Which 2 nights was he vote blocked?

Which 2 nights was he vote blocked?
1 and 5 according to my list of voteblocks.
Day / blocked
2. *Splinter
3. Dr. Worm
4. ‎ouro
5. ‎nomadic
6. Dusk was blocked but kawl likely swapped worm and dusk

I don't really know if this means anything though. Everyone else who was blocked is town.

Dr. Worm

Banned
I thought Sorian got driven? What does that have to do with me, other than possibly being his OG target for a probably fake role

Fat4all

Banned
My intended vote is still on Zeusy, mind. We’re half way to them being turbo’d sans my vote, with less than 3 hours left in the day.

Not quite sure what’s left to discuss. With everyone’s abilities on the table (accurate or not) we should all keep them in mind as we go into the next night phase. Try and consider the best targets you can for whatever abilities and shots that are remaining out there. Don’t bothing disclosing who you intend to target with what, there’s still too much unknown at this point when it comes to what abilities scum might have, or how they could potentially manipulate them.

SalvaPot

Also I'll be sure to try block Faddy again tonight, so we can see if Sorian wants to try and redirect me again.

Oh wait, he can't.

SalvaPot

This is a pretty blast attitude given that we're almost certainly in Mylo/lylo
This is my message to the Scum Team + Sorian
ld1ZW.gif

Penguin

Ok so Sorian, Dr. Worm, Wizard and Zeus are all claiming roles now

Not sure if believe Sorian but since trying to suicide their run perhaps best not to touch em yet

That leaves Fat, Wizard and Zeus...

I think all of their claims are fishy, but Zeusy's prove the odd play style may make sense.

Dr. Worm has made a claim, but still hasn't come back with if they saw anything or not.

Actually need to hear from Worm...

DAY 7 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Zeusy (3) 3 more votes to majority
The Wizard 2552
Giant Panda 2585
SalvaPot 2602

Sorian (1)
Sorian 2484 2559
Sorian 2570

Dusk Soldier (0): SalvaPot 2512 2554

No active vote for Day 7: Dr. Worm, Dusk Soldier, Faddy, Fat4all, Penguin, Zeusy

Day 7 Postcount: Dr. Worm 11, Dusk Soldier 13, Faddy 10, Fat4all 21, Giant Panda 7, Penguin 12, SalvaPot 23, Sorian 22, The Wizard 20, Zeusy 7

Day 7 ends:
gre_1508364000.png

Automated vote tally here

6 votes for majority

Sorian

Banned
But you can redirect powers.

So if I target you but you redirect the power to someone else, then I can't block you, right?

I don't ignore the rules of mafia. I'm not that good. We've had plenty of examples of this, I'm sure you can figure it out.

Fat4all

Banned
I think I remember seeing the ability resolution order in Ouros guide thing.

Stuff like voyeur is first, then blocks and abilities that effect other abilities, than any other abilities are last.

SalvaPot

We both know this is a lie. Let's drop the pretense.

Nah, it is the safest route. I'll rather block you in case you are actually able to redirect attacks, since you are probably going to redirect the spy check or the vigilante shot and I am not giving you that much power.

DAY 7 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Zeusy (3) 3 more votes to majority
The Wizard 2552
Giant Panda 2585
SalvaPot 2602

Dr. Worm (1)
Penguin 2627

Sorian (1)
Sorian 2484 2559
Sorian 2570

No active vote for Day 7: Dr. Worm, Dusk Soldier, Faddy, Fat4all, Zeusy

Day 7 Postcount: Dr. Worm 14, Dusk Soldier 14, Faddy 10, Fat4all 26, Giant Panda 7, Penguin 14, SalvaPot 27, Sorian 26, The Wizard 20, Zeusy 7

Day 7 ends:
gre_1508364000.png

Automated vote tally here

6 votes for majority

Penguin

Penguin, making a push this late is some shade shit.

How so?

It's a narrative thread been trying to unravel this entire day

I don't trust all of these late-game role claims with little-to-no paper trail to back it up.

Like if folks sprinkled hints in previous days to their action could look back and be like OH

Fat4all

Banned

Because there’s literal seconds left.

You shoulda pushed stuff like this when people had time to consider it, otherwise it just comes off as looking busy for the sake of it.

And if it gain steam? That’s you gone tomorrow, cuz that’s a scum play to push last minute for a target.

"Okay guys, we KNOW they're around here somewhere!"
"Don't look at me, I'm a doctor."
"Wait, what does that have to do with anything?"
"Didn't I try to kill you?"
"I'm a bulletproof doctor."
"What? No way, doctors aren't bulletproof!"
"I am!"
"We'll see about that!"

7PpKJcF.gif

Zeusy has been lynched!

AbsolutBro said:
Remember that one time? Well, no, you don't. That's the first part of the problem. The second part is that the Smith family has locked you in the house with them. If you can just figure out who they are, maybe you can still escape and take over this planet.

You are Amish Cyborg.

You are a Parasite Bodyguard.
All those cybernetics are good for something! You are 1-shot bulletproof. You also have the ability to protect another player. During the night phase, you may issue the command Protect: <INSERT PLAYER NAME>. If you do, you will redirect any KILL command from your target to yourself. You may use this power each night, but if your 1-shot bulletproof has been used up, you may die protecting your target!
You can also vote!
You are aligned with Town, and win when all threats to town have been eliminated.

The game thread is here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1435182

Day 8 begins:

DAY 7 FINAL VOTE TALLY:

Zeusy (5) voted out
The Wizard 2552
Giant Panda 2585
SalvaPot 2602
Fat4all 2638
Dusk Soldier 2640

Sorian (2)
Sorian 2484 2559
Sorian 2570
Dr. Worm 2641

Dr. Worm (1)
Penguin 2627

No active vote for Day 7: Faddy, Zeusy

Day 7 Postcount: Dr. Worm 15, Dusk Soldier 15, Faddy 11, Fat4all 27, Giant Panda 7, Penguin 15, SalvaPot 27, Sorian 27, The Wizard 20, Zeusy 7

Names in underline failed to meet minimum postcount - your moderator will deal with them.

As the remaining occupants gathered in the dining room, a lone voice came from the head of the table.

"Okay everyone, there's something you all need to know. We need-"

But what they needed, they never found out.

EUn5IQV.gif

Dusk Soldier has been killed!

AbsolutBro said:
Remember that one time? Well, no, you don't. That's the first part of the problem. The second part is that the Smith family has locked you in the house with them. If you can just figure out who they are, maybe you can still escape and take over this planet.

You were the first of the parasites in the Smith's house, and that gives you some power to boost your presence in the parasite swarm!

You are Jerry's Goofy Brother Steve.

You are a Parasite Mayor.
Once per game, during the day phase, you may use the command Goin to Paris!. When you do, your alignment will be confirmed by a game mod as Town in the game thread. Your vote for that day will count as 3 votes for that person instead of just 1.
You can also vote!
You are aligned with Town, and win when all threats to town have been eliminated.

"Okay *buurrp* I think we've fucked with them long enough. Morty, Summer, let's do this."
"Aw geeze Rick, what about my mom?"
"Yeah, mom's definitely going to want to shoot at least one of these guys..."
"Fiiiiiiiine, just get the guns."

LjXEwW6.gif

Faddy has been killed!
AbsolutBro said:

Back in Brookly, you got a sayin for this...

You are Cousin Nicky.

You are a Parasite Commuter.
Three times per game, during the night phase, you may use the command I'm Walkin Here!. When you do, you will be untargetable by all night actions for that duration of that night phase. You are a pretty slippery parasite, and no one and nothing can stop you from Walkin Here.
You can also vote!

SalvaPot has been killed!
AbsolutBro said:

We are trying to sleep!

You are Sleepy Gary.

You are a Parasite Jailer.
You're the (fake) man of the house, and your word goes! During the night phase, you may issue the command Keep it down: <INSERT PLAYER NAME>. If you do, you will prevent your target from taking any night actions. You will also protect your target from night KILL actions, but not any other actions taken against them.
You can also vote!

The Wizard has been killed!
AbsolutBro said:

You are Hamurai.

You are a Parasite 2-Shot Vigilante.
You made that meat armor yourself! During the night phase, you may issue the command Slice: <INSERT PLAYER NAME>. If you do, you will kill that target during the night. You may use this power 2 times during the game.
You can also vote!

"Okay, I think that's it. House, drop shields. Code phrase 'Jerry sucks testicles'. "
"CODE PHRASE ACCEPTED."
"So, anyone else hungry after all that?"

0F7K5YO.gif

Verelios has won the game!

Fat4all has won the game!
AbsolutBro said:
Your house, planet and possibly dimension are under siege. Those telepathic bastards are trying to get out, and if they do it's probably the end. Looks like you have some "friends and family" to deal with...

You are Rick Sanchez, Vote Blocker.
Your genius is dizzying, with a few gadgets, literally so. During the night phase, you may issue the command Buuuuurp: <INSERT PLAYER NAME>. If you do, that player will be unable to vote during the next day phase.

You are aligned with Mafia, your team is Fat4all, Penguin, Giant Panda and Dr. Worm! Your scum thread is here!, and you win when the number of mafia players equals or exceeds non-mafia players. Your faction has a KILL command. During the night phase, one mafia team member may issue the command KILL: <INSERT PLAYER NAME>. If you do, that player will die.

Somewhere, Gerry Smith has wandered off in confusion. He cannot communicate with you, but will still work towards your cause. Gerry knows who you are, but you can't quite remember which one is Gerry! Try not to lynch or kill them!

Penguin has won the game!
AbsolutBro said:
Your house, planet and possibly dimension are under siege. Those telepathic bastards are trying to get out, and if they do it's probably the end. Looks like you have some "friends and family" to deal with...

You are Morty Smith, Beloved Voyeur
During the night phase, you may issue the command Oh Geeze: <INSERT PLAYER NAME>. If you do, you will learn the name of any ACTIONS performed on your target, but NOT who performed the action. Additionally, you're the center strength of the family, and your loss will be avenged. If you are lynched, your team may issue TWO KILL commands during the next night phase. Unless only one Mafia team mate remains, the kills MUST be issued by separate players.

You are aligned with Mafia, your team is Fat4all, Penguin, Giant Panda and Dr. Worm! Your scum thread is here!, and you win when the number of mafia players equals or exceeds non-mafia players. Your faction has a KILL command. During the night phase, one mafia team member may issue the command KILL: <INSERT PLAYER NAME>. If you do, that player will die.

Somewhere, Gerry Smith has wandered off in confusion. He cannot communicate with you, but will still work towards your cause. Gerry knows who you are, but you can't quite remember which one is Gerry! Try not to lynch or kill them!

Giant Panda has won the game!
AbsolutBro said:

You are Summer Smith, Role Blocker.
During the night phase, you may issue the command Go home and drink: <INSERT PLAYER NAME>. If you do, you will cancel any night actions performed by your target.

Dr. Worm has won the game!
AbsolutBro said:

You are Beth Smith, Ordinary Scum.

Sorian has met his win conditions and won!
AbsolutBro said:
You weren't born here, but this is your home. And it's under attack. You've seen those telepathic parasites before, and you'll be damned if you're going to let them take this home from you...

You are Mr. Poopybutthole.
You are Neutral, and aligned with yourself.
You made a deal with Rick, he saved you, and you're going to live up to your end. Your goal is to make sure that Dr. Worm survives this mess, no matter what. To that end, once per game, during the night phase you may issue the command Oooooh wee!. If you do, any actions targeting Dr. Worm will instead target you. If Dr. Worm dies, you will lose and be removed from the game. You win when Dr. Worm survives the game, and their faction wins.

I want to extend a huge THANK YOU! to my reviewers El Topo, CrimsonFist and Retro. I also want to extend a huge THANK YOU! to YnNnY for helping me with vote counts and everything else that went into running my first game.

Thank you to my players for putting up with my mistakes as I ran my first game. I had a ton of fun watching you folks, and I hope you enjoyed yourselves as well. I will try to do a full review / debrief / MVP write up this evening after I have had dinner.

Top Bottom