• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you think NES/SNES Classic controllers will be usable on Switch someday?

The controllers of the SNES Classic like the NES Classic before it are Wii Classic Controllers.

52826093_Alt01
81x%2BVSZrpdL._SX522_.jpg

With Nintendo producing SNES Classics into 2018 and the NES Classic returning next summer do you think Nintendo will eventually let these controllers be used on the Switch?

Especially when classic games arrive on Switch with the Nintendo Switch Online Service.

Do you think they'll sell a USB adapter?

For example I have this Mayflash adapter USB adapter I can use on PC and PS3.

MayFlash-Dual-Port-Classic-Controller-Pro-Nunchuk-USB.jpg
51vpnbB1qDL._SY355_.jpg

I would hope Nintendo would allow you to connect a Wii Remote through Bluetooth and use the classic controllers through that for wireless.

I know there's latency but I enjoyed being able to play my Wii arcade sticks wirelessly that way.

Thoughts?

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
If the 8bitdo controllers work, I can't see why someone can't engineer an adapter that would work as well.

I was a little surprised they didn't move to USB or use the same connector they used for GameCube just so they'd have a single standard for all their Nintendo Classics controllers going forward. Would open a lot of barriers for consumers that would allow them to sell classic controllers in perpetuity.

Not officially.

Unless they come out with a Wii Remote adapter with a USB sensor bar. I could maybe see that for VC/games using IR/controller support and the like. I doubt we'll get something just for the extensions simply because the length is way too short even on the CC.

Not officially.

Unless they come out with a Wii Remote adapter with a USB sensor bar. I could maybe see that for VC/games using IR/controller support and the like. I doubt we'll get something just for the extensions simply because the length is way too short even on the CC.

Why would they need a Wii Remote adapter? They're just Bluetooth.

A sensor bar is not needed at all just to use the classic controllers.

You could even navigate the cursor on the Wii Menu with a classic controller instead of IR.

Red Devil

Maybe, but I don't think so. By the time being you can only use them on Wii or Wii U with a Wii Remote. If somehow a Wii Remote can be used with the Switch then yes, how could one get to do that no idea.

Top Bottom