• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare |OT| Space Ghosts

My weekly contracts were easy af. It was get 30 objective medals while in Orion Initiative for the 15,000 Mission Team XP and then deal 10,000 damage for three rare supply drops. Finished both in like 4-5 games of Dom, heh.

Oh, I didn't know the contracts were random. I was sort of hoping everyone would have to do this 125 Shotgun Kill challenge I had.

kuYuri

Oh, I didn't know the contracts were random. I was sort of hoping everyone would have to do this 125 Shotgun Kill challenge I had.

Yeah I think someone in this thread mentioned they are random. According to Xclusive Ace, he asked the devs why it's like this and it's so that if players play in a party or group, everyone isn't running around chasing the same challenges and potentially ruining the game for everyone else. Imagine if a challenge is to get x number of sniper kills, but 4 of your 5 teammates all suck with snipers? Do you really want them to drag your match down with their shit sniper skills because they all are chasing the same contract? I think it's ultimately a better idea for random contracts.

I got 4K salvage... How's the R3KT these days?

It's a solid, good gun. Think of it as a way more accurate Volk, with a shorter 3hk range.

Kalentan

It's a solid, good gun. Think of it as a way more accurate Volk, with a shorter 3hk range.

That sounds good but I just realized I don't have the Legendary variant of the R3K... So I can't buy the R3KT.

So I guess my only option is either buy the NV4 - Fallout and then build back up 2K salvage and finally get the Flatline...

Or buy the R3K - Gambit and then get 2k more salvage to get the R3KT...

Any suggestions between the two?

kuYuri

That sounds good but I just realized I don't have the Legendary variant of the R3K... So I can't buy the R3KT.

So I guess my only option is either buy the NV4 - Fallout and then build back up 2K salvage and finally get the Flatline...

Or buy the R3K - Gambit and then get 2k more salvage to get the R3KT...

Any suggestions between the two?

Eh, just save up the 2k salvage I say. It's not like any of these are must have weapons.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Just beat the Shaolin Shuffle easter egg with three friends. What a blast. Skullbuster was a lifesaver. It was such a pain doing the steps on our first attempt, but round two was much smoother, and the reward at the end, especially when combined with Skullbuster's reward and the Nunchaku, plus the Rat King's Heart as your lethal is just amazing. I've never felt so powerful in zombies.

Now I just need to do the musical EE and beat it again as Pam, then I guess do the Nunchaku steps with each character, and that's all the trophies snagged.

If any of you beat Rave and thought that the Smiley was a great melee weapon, you ain't seen nothing yet.

Unfortunately, we had to stop at round 31 because a zombie got glitched and wouldn't show up, leaving us stuck. One of the downsides of zombies never despawning on this map.

My main complaint for this game is no mute all option for online. I don't want to listen to 12 year olds spout profanity.

Always thought this was extremely dumb. Having to mute the whole fucking team every game. That's fun. BO3 got it right. Mute all once, and never again. Not sure if AW or Ghosts was the same.

So, there was a quartermaster update near the end of Feb and March, fingers crossed for one this week.

Edit: Never mind, WWII reveal is this week. I don't think they would make em overlap

My main complaint for this game is no mute all option for online. I don't want to listen to 12 year olds spout profanity.

Yeah, crazy how this is still a problem.

Najaf

I have this set at the system level. I can only hear friends, and friends of friends. It's amazing and has made gaming so much better. Playing on Xbox by the way.

Creaking

So, there was a quartermaster update near the end of Feb and March, fingers crossed for one this week.

Edit: Never mind, WWII reveal is this week. I don't think they would make em overlap

On the contrary, one of the new weapons folks found while datamining was an MP-28, which saw use in WWII. It--along with a new LMG--was pretty much finished last time they checked it. They always do this big updates on Tuesday, so I figure it'd be a great tie into the game reveal on Wednesday.

On the contrary, one of the new weapons folks found while datamining was an MP-28, which saw use in WWII. It--along with a new LMG--was pretty much finished last time they checked it. They always do this big updates on Tuesday, so I figure it'd be a great tie into the game reveal on Wednesday.

Awesome. One of the datamined weapons was a 1887 too right?

Edit: Yep, an 1887 and a 50 cal found in the files, and they have scorestreak variants in the works? What?

Creaking

Awesome. One of the datamined weapons was a 1887 too right?

Edit: Yep, an 1887 and a 50 cal found in the files, and they have scorestreak variants in the works? What?

Yeah, the scorestreaks were found a while ago. Dunno when they plan on implementing them, if ever. None seem terribly unbalanced, and you're supposed to be able to buy them with salvage, so I guess I don't mind.

1887 (or 2187, rather) and .50 cal aren't as far along as the Mini LMG and MP-18, so they probably won't be released for another month, but I'm still stoked.

sTiTcH AU

I finally got around to playing the campaign over the weekend and finished it today on Veteran difficulty. What a surprise that was, it was a very good campaign and easily the best one since Black Ops 1.

The space combat (while very simple) was very well done and I actually thought the story was told quite well. For the first time ever I actually look forward to what Infinity Ward can come up with next.

Creaking

No update today, blah. The combo of VPR and the connection issues are making the game really hard to enjoy. Worried we'll have to wait a week for the new guns, and maybe until Friday for a balance pass.

IW has a good core, but the connection stuff is rotting it out.

Kalentan

No update today, blah. The combo of VPR and the connection issues are making the game really hard to enjoy. Worried we'll have to wait a week for the new guns, and maybe until Friday for a balance pass.

IW has a good core, but the connection stuff is rotting it out.

100% sure that one WW2 gun will come out tomorrow. They will announce it on Stream.

shanafan

Was there supposed to be a patch drop this week? Reddit was talking about it, but I checked CharlieIntel and didn't see anything.

Creaking

Was there supposed to be a patch drop this week? Reddit was talking about it, but I checked CharlieIntel and didn't see anything.

It was expected. Lined up with the patches the last two months. Sometimes they'll do patches on Friday too, but rarely content drops.

illamap

Doing contract made me discover FTL rig. It's fun to use with power slide and FTL jump. I like how rigs offer quite different playstyles or at least abilities after all.

Bundles up, 10 boxes, a QRM5TR Collection Hack, and Mk 2 Epic Hack for 400 keys

Also the teabag accessory, gesture, and calling card are on sale for 1000 salvage, so get ready to see that everywhere.

Creaking

Yeah, I wouldn't mind IW2, but man the first one got it's reputation brutalized so badly (and unfairly, if you ask me). Plus if Treyarch does something in Vietnam or so, folks are going to be jonesing for a new modern setting. For me, MW2 remastered would be more than enough, but I can already hear the complaints.

Who knows, maybe IW will be vindicated with time...

Yeah, I wouldn't mind IW2, but man the first one got it's reputation brutalized so badly (and unfairly, if you ask me). Plus if Treyarch does something in Vietnam or so, folks are going to be jonesing for a new modern setting. For me, MW2 remastered would be more than enough, but I can already hear the complaints.

Who knows, maybe IW will be vindicated with time...

BO4 honestly better be the true BO3, let them keep future MP as well since it was pretty well regarded.

Keep IW campaign but make the MP a boots on ground training simulation.
Weapons and maps are WW2(few do to CODWW2) through IW era. Honestly since IW was hinted in the Modern Warfare timeline they could use that as well.

4 WW2 maps
4 Vietnam era maps
4 Modern Warfare era maps
4 Infinite Warfare era maps

ARs: M1 Garand, MP44, AK47, NV4, G36(or SA80), XM8
SMG: Thompson, MP40, MP5, Uzi, P90, Vector, Ripper
etc.

And then as far as characters and loot boxes go, AW style but with stuff from all eras.
Could even have character and faction specific stuff as rare drops
American WW2 Helmet - Common
Rangers light body - Rare
Ghost skull mask - Legendary

kuYuri

Thank god. I shouldn't have been losing to a VPR at long range with the R-VN.

Yeah, between the VPR and the connection issues, trying to gold the R-VN has been murder.

Pretty big changes too. More recoil (aka less centerspeed), magazine size down to 36 from 60, range and damage changes in that before it killed in 3-4 shot kills; now its 3-6 shots, and slower reload speed.

RefigeKru

Banned
Bought this on the sale.

Single player is amazing so far, genuinely surprised at how much I'm enjoying it. Multi actually feels a step back from Black Ops 3 but I enjoyed the movement in that, I feel restricted here so far, even if the weapons feel better.

Creaking

Bought this on the sale.

Single player is amazing so far, genuinely surprised at how much I'm enjoying it. Multi actually feels a step back from Black Ops 3 but I enjoyed the movement in that, I feel restricted here so far, even if the weapons feel better.

Movement is definitely weightier than it was in Black Ops 3, but after so many encounters in that game that amounted to some guy with the VMP shooting straight up into the air as soon as he spots me, it was a relief. It leans a little more towards being a movement tool than a combat tool.

kuYuri

Advanced movement in IW is better depending on the map simply because the boost meter refills faster by default and doesn't ping the mini-map, in comparison to BO3.

btw, they changed the playlist to Tactical Moshpit, they also added Dom and KC along with TDM.

kuYuri

Ugh, bought the new bundle using keys, my dupe protected Quartermaster weapon crate just ended up being a non-MKII version of the MKII RV-N Braincase Bruiser that I already had.

Even worse was that the MKII dupe protected crate just gave me the MKII variant of the R3KT, which I already have the normal version of. So basically I got no new weapon from either crate other than either a non-MKII version or a MKII version of a variant I already had. :/

Creaking

Ugh, bought the new bundle using keys, my dupe protected Quartermaster weapon crate just ended up being a non-MKII version of the MKII RV-N Braincase Bruiser that I already had.

Even worse was that the MKII dupe protected crate just gave me the MKII variant of the R3KT, which I already have the normal version of. So basically I got no new weapon from either crate other than either a non-MKII version or a MKII version of a variant I already had. :/

Did you open your Rares first? Always open your Rares first, just in the hopes of thinning the selection, especially where the Quartermaster collection is concerned.

Caayn

Just finished the campaign last night.

Was pretty surprised by it. Loved the jackal missions*, enjoyed the ship assault missions although reusing the same ship design felt lazy but also understandable at the same time, the downtime between missions(and the mission select) was a welcome change of pace, the banter between the squad and Ethan was funny, the location/vistas where great, the death of
Kashima where you feel his pulse slowly fading away through the rumble in your controller
was a great addition.

*Hope to see Activision/IW do something with it in the future.

Are the first 2 DLC packs worth it? Best Buy has the season pass for $30.

Considering it comes with $20 worth of boxes, maybe?

Whenever they release new guns, the season pass people get them without having to do challenges, plus the extra daily bonuses are pretty nice too.

If you play a lot of Infinite Warfare MP I'd say go for it.

Considering it comes with $20 worth of boxes, maybe?

Whenever they release new guns, the season pass people get them without having to do challenges, plus the extra daily bonuses are pretty nice too.

If you play a lot of Infinite Warfare MP I'd say go for it.

Thanks $30 was hard to pass up for 16 maps to hold me over until WWII.

Top Bottom