• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lyra VR, when your whole world becomes a musical instrument. For the music lovers.

Techies

All signs point to a not so far off release in the near future. Imagine a world where you can create your own song in, where you can create notes in thin air and link them to create music, all whilst creating your own drum set to keep up with the beat you created.

Christmas song teaser.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UL2G0NCe95k

RoyalFool

Banned
Seems neat, but you have to wonder what benefit this has over current composing / tracker software other than spectacle.

Techies

Seems neat, but you have to wonder what benefit this has over current composing / tracker software other than spectacle.

You can touch and feel in VR and music also gets a shape/color.
You can give me that composing/tracker software and I would not have a clue what to do, I'd need to study it etc.

Here you can create objects in mid air, start linking them and something happens. It's hard to explain but I think even a noob like me could create something in this manner, I always had a trouble 'seeing' the notes as to speak in a abstract manner. If the note is too long, you physically shorten it.

If your more adapt to music, well I think you could create something mind blowing with the amount of freedom you have.

Top Bottom