• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Plug that amazing song that has < 50,000 plays

Just under the wire, but Sponge State by Sløtface has been in my rotation since the Summer. Super fun Norwegian pop-punk. Might see them live tomorrow, if the whole of Portland doesn't shut down over an inch of snow.

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
Just under the wire, but Sponge State by Sløtface has been in my rotation since the Summer. Super fun Norwegian pop-punk. Might see them live tomorrow, if the whole of Portland doesn't shut down over an inch of snow.

Metric much? Holy shit.

Literally everything from the vocals to the melody is a straight up rip.

edit: That could be Emily singing and 99% of people would not know the difference.

Kevtones

Syrinx - Syren Incredible hybrid electronic music from the 70s. WAY ahead of its time. Gemzilla.

Pavo Pavo - Ran Ran Run - Cool alien dream-pop. Great record.

Container - Remover This track fucking SLAYS. Electronic Harsh Awesome.

Kedr Livanskiy - January Sun - Great electronic music, reminds me of The Knife in singularity. It has a familiar sound but doesn't really sound like anyone else. Great record.

DIANA - Confession - Lovely weird pop music from Canada. Super dense. Great record.

Tonstartssbandht - Andy Summers - Animal Collective's weirder and sometimes harder rocking alternative universe copycat band. Love these guys.

Metric much? Holy shit.

Literally everything from the vocals to the melody is a straight up rip.

edit: That could be Emily singing and 99% of people would not know the difference.

Really? I'm a big fan of Metric, but didn't make the comparison until you pointed it out. They're obviously in the same genre (at least Old World/Live It Out era), but I don't think the voices sound super-similar. As for the melody, I can't place what you think is being ripped.

whitehawk

Banned
Sam Ock is incredible. He does a mix of soothing hip-hop that's heavily jazz influenced. He's very christian and some of the songs are influenced as such. Very amazing artist.

This recent song only has 13k views, crazy.

https://youtu.be/lI2e0XzUz-4

edit: his channel only has 34k subs. He should be towards the top man...

Top Bottom