• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sean Spicer resigns as White House Press Secretary

BiggNife

Can't imagine anyone is lining up to be the new press secretary. Sounds like a nightmare of a job.

I mean, it's been pretty obvious that Huckabee Sanders has been gunning for Spicer's position for a while now, and Trump thinks she's better at press conferences than Spicer is, so I think we already know who's taking over the position.

shamanick

hahahaha oh man too good

I doubt Spicer will be able to release a book before the Trump era is done due to NDAs. Then again nothing matters anymore

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
gisJIfT.gif

See ya, Spicey. Who next.
Will miss seeing this gift.
😔

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
In all seriousness, dude was probably drinking a handle of whiskey every night. You're free Spicey

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Normally, this would bug me. Since they don't do the briefings on camera anymore, I don't care. The entertainment value was lost when the cameras were shut off.

Keasar

He leaves behind a powerful legacy.
16adad75-457b-4e0b-9d69-e8a87ac8c48f.png

We sure he has really resigned or did he just get lost in the bushes again?

BasicMath

You will be missed, Spicey.

Favorite moments have to be
-"Stop shaking your head"
-"If the President puts Russian salad dressing on his salad tonight, somehow that's a Russia connection."

rec0ded1

How do people feel sorry for him? Dude willingly spread bullshit for a shot at getting a Payday/being in the inner circle. I'll miss the laughs but fuck him.

JettDash

You'd still be fighting a fight against a President who has much more resources than you do.

As I said, I wouldn't be waiting on it.

The book could be worth seven figures and Trump would have zero case. What's the point of working for Trump if you're not going to profit off of it.

BiggNife

I do really want to know why Spicer hates Scaramucci

Working with known racists like Bannon and Sessions was fine but hiring a hedge fund guy is too far? What bizarre logic is that?

Many saw this coming for some time. SHS has been almost every pressed, and she's the worst...so obviously the better fit.

^^^^dang Maxine. Tell us how you really feel about Jeff.

NYR

Only matters if Spicer comes out and admits he lied for the administration and doesn't believe in Trump, if he just leaves and becomes a voice piece like Corey Lewandowski, it is meaningless.

If anything, this will likely be an IMPROVEMENT for the administration, so might be too soon to celebrate, they simply lost one of their weaker members of the chain.

Probably because a Wall Street guy with no experience shouldn't be given the communications job, because Trump likes what he says about him on TV.

I don't understand why he takes an issue with it now though. It's not like Trump hasn't hired unqualified people before.

It could be there is no beef, just a convenient excuse to bounce when the opportunity presented itself.

Yeah this is more of what I'm thinking.

RPGCrazied

I don't know if Trump should be pissing off Spicer right now. I'm sure he knows a lot and could sing like a canary if he wanted too.

Destroy your reputation, become a global laughing stock and repeatedly get shit on by your boss for your troubles. So long Spicey, you dumb, cowardly fuck.

Only matters if Spicer comes out and admits he lied for the administration and doesn't believe in Trump, if he just leaves and becomes a voice piece like Corey Lewandowski, it is meaningless.

If anything, this will likely be an IMPROVEMENT for the administration, so might be too soon to celebrate, they simply lost one of their weaker members of the chain.

I doubt he's close to anything that ties into Mueller's investigation... but he's got to have some amazing stories to tell about all the times they did their best to put out the fires breaking out everywhere, only for Trump to walk in with a flame thrower.

Top Bottom