• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Friday the 13th: The Game is releasing May 26th

Big Chungus

giving keys to streamers before backers is lame

i should just get a refund on my copy and the gift copies i bought for friends.

thatll show them

Fuck, I don't know what platform to get it on then. Part of me worries the PS4 community wont be as big as the PC one
PC probably going to be the bigger community in the end. $40 indie game might be a hard sell for console gamers. Are they even doing a physical release for GameStop or other stores?

Of course Ark is doing good on consoles and that's $30. I might end up wrong.

Ensoul

PC probably going to be the bigger community in the end. $40 indie game might be a hard sell for console gamers. Are they even doing a physical release for GameStop or other stores?

Of course Ark is doing good on consoles and that's $30. I might end up wrong.

From my understanding there will be a physical release. Not sure when.

I do want to try this game out but with the $40.00 price tag this game isn't exactly priced to be an impulse buy. I also have concerns that the ps4 community just won't be there either.

KaYotiX

Banned
Looks fun but that $40 kinda has me hesitant. I feel like it could get stale after a few hours and end up like Evolve

giving keys to streamers before backers is lame

i should just get a refund on my copy and the gift copies i bought for friends.

thatll show them

It's not lame at all. They gave a pretty well reasoned explanation of why this happened. You can wait 12 more hours.

Is it really that big of a deal that people who can help spread the word on the game get to play it 2 days before backers?
Games like PersonUnkown Battlegrounds and Dead By Daylight owe their success to streaming platforms.
Some guy from nowhere streaming the game to a couple thousand and having fun with it will result in more sales than hundreds of posts in GAF.
It's just 2 goddamn days, I really struggle to understand why everyone is so enraged?

Jombie

I don't understand the appeal but I do get it's a different era and younger folk probably watch them over reading actual reviews etc.

I get the appeal, but streamers gaining access to games before fans that actually helped them get made is bullshit - no matter how anyone tries to spin it.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I just realized, have we seen any gameplay of this game on PS4?
Nope, but last night they mentioned that it's 30fps on both XB1 and PS4, and that there's currently no Pro support. They also mentioned they might look at it in the future along with Scorpio.

Pilgrimzero

I've heard a steamer(s) have figured out how to kill Jason.

1. That was really quick, not even fully released yet.
2. How was it done?

Severance

This game was nowhere on my radar, but Twitch streams sold me. It looks to be a ton of fun. The power of Twitch. It's far from perfect, but sometimes a game doesn't need to be. Although I'm curious to see how matching with randoms will be haha. Hopefully they continue to support the game through updates.

Looks fun but that $40 kinda has me hesitant. I feel like it could get stale after a few hours and end up like Evolve
Evolve had like, 15 massive maps at launch, three varied monsters, and 12 hunters to play and level up. The environments were huge, and played a massive part in every single encounter. I will never forget how much undeserved hate it got for people not understanding the mechanics of the game better (imo) , when they seemingly wanted a CoD where you shoot a big monster thing.

I digress, and I do not want to derail this thread, but I am worried for this game. I am buying it because Evolve is dead, and no one plays it any longer unfortunately. This could be successful, where Evolve failed, since it has brand recognition. The fact that guns aren't really a main factor initially is a good thing too, I think that will make a big difference. Everyone loves to watch Jason slaughter some stupid punks, and I am no different.

I wish this game the best, I will be buying it for sure, on PS4.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I'm going to get some private matches going tomorrow on PS4, so if anyone is interested in joining hit me up on PS4 and I'll send you an invite.

PSN: XaeroGravity

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Evolve had like, 15 massive maps at launch, three varied monsters, and 12 hunters to play and level up. The environments were huge, and played a massive part in every single encounter. I will never forget how much undeserved hate it got for people not understanding the mechanics of the game better (imo) , when they seemingly wanted a CoD where you shoot a big monster thing.

I digress, and I do not want to derail this thread, but I am worried for this game. I am buying it because Evolve is dead, and no one plays it any longer unfortunately. This could be successful, where Evolve failed, since it has brand recognition. The fact that guns aren't really a main factor initially is a good thing too, I think that will make a big difference. Everyone loves to watch Jason slaughter some stupid punks, and I am no different.

I wish this game the best, I will be buying it for sure, on PS4.

That is definitely not at all what I wanted from evolve.

Voorhees

I've heard a steamer(s) have figured out how to kill Jason.

1. That was really quick, not even fully released yet.
2. How was it done?

My understanding is that a female counselor must find and wear Pamela Voorhees' sweater.

Equipping it allows you a special move which stuns Jason.

Jason's mask must be shattered.

Tommy Jarvis must be involved.

Whoever has the sweater uses the stun move, then hits Jason in the face, at which point he falls to his knees stunned and then Tommy Jarvis must come from behind him and hit him at which point the death animation plays out and the counselors achieve victory.

The video I saw it on also had a non-moving Jason so I imagine it's much harder in a live environment.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
A lot of people did, from all the complaints I read over the course of the years. Or at least, that is how they always played it.

That's strange lol. I think the concept of the game just doesn't hold up over time, but that's just my opinion and I know my group of friends felt pretty similar. Had nothing to do with COD

That's strange lol. I think the concept of the game just doesn't hold up over time, but that's just my opinion and I know my group of friends felt pretty similar. Had nothing to do with COD
It was more so the style of CoD, not that game specifically. I misspoke, my apologies.

But yea, the 4v1 "hunting" type genre of MP seems to be a tough cookie to crack. I think it's amazing, and lots of great press about this game will go a long way I feel. It's a great concept, but it certainly requires all aspects of the game to work extremely well together so everyone involved is having fun. I wish we would see more, but maybe it's just not that time yet.

Though maybe all we need is to let this machete monster murderer loose on the videogame world, and hope he comes out on top.

From my understanding there will be a physical release. Not sure when.

I do want to try this game out but with the $40.00 price tag this game isn't exactly priced to be an impulse buy. I also have concerns that the ps4 community just won't be there either.
I'm not saying it's impossible. It could snowball through the summer into popularity with the current multiplayer drought.

But no physical release at launch will definitely limit the audience. Combine that with the $40 asking price, no advertising, and the niche genre it sits in.

The mainstream reviews of the game might also play a factor.

Palmer_v1

I asked before but didn't get any answers. What are they doing to inhibit or prevent players in groups from communicating with party chats and teamspeak, etc.?

I asked before but didn't get any answers. What are they doing to inhibit or prevent players in groups from communicating with party chats and teamspeak, etc.?
This is a good point. I don't remember anything about it. Would be great if they disabled it entirely when playing this game. Need people chatting in game!

edit- welp there goes that. Figured limited the console level chats would be pretty much impossible.

Top Bottom