• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Don't Use Imgur

golem

hkship2012-08-1400-58nfcgl.jpg

hkship2012-08-1401-09unxv0.jpg

Xclash

can't grow facial hair
I hate the art style.

Sleeping Dogs looks great except...

Those phone textures...

I was running the benchmark at settings my video card couldn't handle. I was getting 15fps average so that could be a reason why it looks so bad. I'll take more screenshots when I get into the game with settings that my PC can take.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
If it has steaming textures (likely since it's a sandbox) then yeah that could have prevented them from loading before you took the pic.

I MUST HAVE ITTTTTT!

Theyre better once you install the high res texture pack.
YESSSSS

Edit: Hmmm, these new "textures" make the vendor look 30 years younger...

Lime

I never liked the art style of Darksiders, so it's no wonder that I think Darksiders 2 (mostly the main character and use of colours) looks as terrible as that Nvidia tech demo fairy, in terms of style.

Europe? I feel you.

I have Darksiders II and Sleeping Dogs both preloaded and waiting to go. /Cry

Use a free VPN to unlock the games.

As far as I know MSAAx4 is the standard AA option in the setting.

Nah, it is a form of MLAA ( a post process AA). Running that with the SMAA is not very useful. Just disable the in game and leave on the SMAA (also get rid of the posot-sharpening in game too, it looks bad actually)

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
The compatibility bits from the OG Darksiders don't work with II so these are using the SMAA injector.

ibwX5eoCT5nJd0.png

iIWVPvOLemecH.png

Those are both great shots, second one especially.

So guys, is Sleeping Dogs as cool of an open world game as it seems?

xNAPx

Banned
WItcher 2 cannot use MSAA, also the SMAA really only has like a couple presets (low, med, high, ultra)...

What texture mods are you running? I have only seen ones that replace some colors for clothing.

it should be forced by radeon pro

i use ambient improved texture mod and improved weapon texture

dr_rus

DS2 doesn't have any graphics options beyond resolution select and vsync toggle. It looks like it's using some post-AA which makes it blurry. You can force AF 16x in driver controls but this post AA bluriness won't go away unless Vigil provides us with a way to turn it off. Also the shadow maps filtering is really bad.

Fucks sake, game's running at 200 fps on modern PC hardware. They could've included a straight OGSS option instead of post-AA. Between this and Dark Souls PC it's painfully clear that some developers / publishers are simply unable to learn how to make a proper PC version of a game.

Good to see DS2 is fucken gorgeous, no surprises really after the first one.
Graphical options would be nice of course but as long as it runs silky smooth like the last one I'll be happy.

scitek

DS2 doesn't have any graphics options beyond resolution select and vsync toggle. It looks like it's using some post-AA which makes it blurry. You can force AF 16x in driver controls but this post AA bluriness won't go away unless Vigil provides us with a way to turn it off. Also the shadow maps filtering is really bad.

Fucks sake, game's running at 200 fps on modern PC hardware. They could've included a straight OGSS option instead of post-AA. Between this and Dark Souls PC it's painfully clear that some developers / publishers are simply unable to learn how to make a proper PC version of a game.
Yeah it looks like there's post AA. I'm forcing 2xSGSSAA, but I'm not sure if it or 16xMSAA works better. I wanna say the MSAA looks sharper even after messing with the LOD.

curttard

Banned
Never played Darksiders, what kind of games is DS 2? It looks kind of Soul Reaver-y in these shots, and that would be a very good thing. Is it combat heavy?

Card Boy

Banned
Morrowind Overhaul 2.0 mod. The mod kills the framerate on my 1gig HD5870. It adds widescreeen, FOV, DOF, new sounds, gameplay features and obviously new textures.

E7C4O.png

V8mZp.png

Top Bottom