• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microïds unveils their Nintendo Switch line-up. (Syberia 1, 2, 3 +more)

OmegaDL50

Gear.Club could be the first 'realistic' racer on Nintendo since.... ever?

There was a Need for Speed game on the Wii U if by realistic racer you are refering to real life licensed cars.

There was also GT Pro Street on the Wii which was pretty bad, yeah there have been quite a few games on Nintendo platforms that used realistic car brands.

Still hopefully Gear Club Unlimited doesn't feel too much like a mobile game ported to Switch but rather given proper racing controls. I mean we are talking about Eden Games the who developed the TDU and the V-Rally games from years ago, so it's not like they are incapable of making a proper racing game.

SMD

That unprecedented third party support

Not sure why the snide, I'm happy to see smaller companies release these kind of games in the market. It's something that the industry has kind of drowned out in recent years so more publishers and developers finding a market for their titles can only be a good thing, right?

Effect

Syberia 1 and 2 being included together is nice and I was curious if that was going to be the case.

I really want to see Gear.Club footage. I've been on a racing kick on PC and would love to have something else on the Switch outside of FAST RMX. I do wish the buttons on the Switch were analog though. Not having that on the Wii U made Need for Speed Most Wanted U also impossible to play at times. I finally figured out how to get around that but after taking a break I have no clue how to play that game well now.

TheMoon

Syberia 1 and 2 being included together is nice and I was curious if that was going to be the case.

again:

Syberia 1+2 (double pack) has now been rated by the USK, implying there's a retail release.
weirdness:

img_88975kjy6.jpg

OCD Guy

Gear.Club could be the first 'realistic' racer on Nintendo since.... ever?

I wouldn't get your hopes up, the mobile game is straight up shit.

And chances are they'll be using that game as a foundation for the switch version with slightly improved graphics and no in game transactions, as opposed to building it from the ground up.

Before anyone says it, I don't have an issue because it's a mobile game, there are far better racing games on mobile devices for a start....

Shiggy

That's apparently releasing on December 13, so you need to wait a bit longer.
3760156481630.JPG

Seems to be a limited edition though, unlike the Syberia 1 standalone release.

wrowa

Any price yet for Syberia 1? I'd love to replay it on Switch, but since it's going to get a retail release they are going to charge something ridiculous like 30€ or 40€, won't they?

Shiggy

Any price yet for Syberia 1? I'd love to replay it on Switch, but since it's going to get a retail release they are going to charge something ridiculous like 30€ or 40€, won't they?

34.99 EUR for Syberia 1, 39.99 EUR for Syberia 1+2

I really want to see Gear.Club footage. I've been on a racing kick on PC and would love to have something else on the Switch outside of FAST RMX. I do wish the buttons on the Switch were analog though. Not having that on the Wii U made Need for Speed Most Wanted U also impossible to play at times. I finally figured out how to get around that but after taking a break I have no clue how to play that game well now.
Well there are 2 Analog sticks, they could use that for analog acceleration.

On topic: Have Microids announced any features for the ports? For example, can the motion controls be used for mouse like navigation that work so well with traditional adventure games.

Well there are 2 Analog sticks, they could use that for analog acceleration.

On topic: Have Microids announced any features for the ports? For example, can the motion controls be used for mouse like navigation that work so well with traditional adventure games.
That would be nice, but I don't see it happening. I'm expecting a no frills port with limited feature inclusion. I just hope they run well. I've never played any of the Syberia games, so it'll be nice to experience them in portable form.

Effect

A lot of third party games that are suppose to be coming out soon on the Switch still aren't available for preorder on Amazon.com and a lot of other sites. Sure games don't always get a date until later but there are no product pages for a lot of things.

I wouldn't get your hopes up, the mobile game is straight up shit.

And chances are they'll be using that game as a foundation for the switch version with slightly improved graphics and no in game transactions, as opposed to building it from the ground up.

Before anyone says it, I don't have an issue because it's a mobile game, there are far better racing games on mobile devices for a start....

Sad to hear :(

I saw on a tracking site that Syberia has a confirmed release date of October 20th on Switch in the US. I still can't find it on Amazon or any other sites for a retail purchase, is it going to be digital only here?

I saw on a tracking site that Syberia has a confirmed release date of October 20th on Switch in the US. I still can't find it on Amazon or any other sites for a retail purchase, is it going to be digital only here?

I asked Microids on their Facebook page and was told, "I have no information for this region :("

It doesn't look good. :( Hopefully I can import for less than $40.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
So the Syberia games are all stretched like that?
It really bothers me...

And the racing game is not good from what I hear? Shame as well...

Still hoping blacksad turns out good!

I asked Microids on their Facebook page and was told, "I have no information for this region :("

It doesn't look good. :( Hopefully I can import for less than $40.

Yeah I asked on their twitter and finally got a response of "Sorry just digital for the US :/". I asked about Syberia 3 getting a physical copy and just got a don't know response.

I was excited for these ports but 50 bucks to own 1 and 2 and only digitally..........probably going to pass. If this was a collection of 1 and 2 for 30 - 40 on a cart I would have jumped on it.

Top Bottom