• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS|OT|October 2017- The only thing scarier than Messi's avatar are Marvels sales

Vic_Viper

I thought Remender did a great job with him

Remender's SamCap was great but not anywhere near as cool as his OG Cap run. Plus Immonen was on art for his SamCap run which is always a plus!

Read God Complex finally. I liked it but it hasnt sold me yet. Ill wait and see what the next issue looks like but I might just wait for the arc to finish and see where it goes. I was hoping for something more Cyberpunk. It feels like if we were in the Ghost in the Shell universe before everyone got their cyberbrains lol.

Anyone reading Dying & the Dead? Do we know if this is planned as a short series or is Hickman just testing the waters with the series? Im really skeptical about getting into the series just to see it go nowhere.

Some Nobody

Here's a quick and dirty review: Cool as that issue was, it just feels like we've been hanging on the same cliffhanger for two issues now lol.

Finally read Metal 3: Somehow, this is way darker than I would've expected. Snyder said it was gonna be a fun adventure but this is just straight-up horror lol.

Also Tec, which is the best comic book on the stands as usual. Can someone tell me why this book feels like it has a greater tie between Rebirth than The Button had?

And lastly Alters, which might be my second favorite comic out right now. Wish it came out more frequently.

Anyone reading Dying & the Dead? Do we know if this is planned as a short series or is Hickman just testing the waters with the series? Im really skeptical about getting into the series just to see it go nowhere.

Do people still worry about this stuff in 2017? We could literally get swallowed by a giant fire or nuclear holocaust.

Just enjoy the comics that interest you. Pretty much everything is a limited series now, my guy

Vic_Viper

Do people still worry about this stuff in 2017? We could literally get swallowed by a giant fire or nuclear holocaust.

Just enjoy the comics that interest you. Pretty much everything is a limited series now, my guy

When it comes to Hickman, then yes lol. I dont have the time/money to invest in a series that doesnt have an ending. If its a series from Marvel/DC then I buy knowing what im getting, but when it comes to Image books, I dont have that expectation and I want to know what im getting, or atleast an idea.

Plus, Hickman has already taken like a year long break after the first 3 or 4 issues and just suddenly started working on D&tD just a few months ago.

VeeP

Also Tec, which is the best comic book on the stands as usual. Can someone tell me why this book feels like it has a greater tie between Rebirth than The Button had?

I think we'll see the consequences from the Button later on.
I'm guessing we'll see Bruce really evaluating if he'll want to be Batman. Maybe Dr. Manhatten is trying to get him to stop or something?

Man why is Tim such a dick to Steph in this?

Yeah but the previous stuff still seems dumb.

Are you reading Batgirl by Bryan Miller? Pick up Red Robin when you get a chance. Long story short, Tim's not in a good place.

I'm a big TT fan, but I hated the New 52 series. Everyone seemed so... unlike themselves. I didn't read more than a volume, so I don't know what happened after that.

I didn't know that
he was never called Conner, though. He's Kon el/Superboy the whole time?

So where are
Cassie and Bart? Bart is probably in the speedforce or something, huh.

Cassie is around. She was on the Teen Titans with the New52, and most of those characters are still around in continuity. Powergirl is in Deathstroke. Beast Boy, Raven are in the new TTs. So I'm guessing she'll pop up eventually.

Bart
is probably lost in the speed force/time stream like Wally was.

It'd be cool if they brought back Wonder Girl, Conner, Bart and put them on a team with Tim & maybe someone like Solaris and Bunker/Blue Beetle and called them Young Justice.

Some Nobody

I think we'll see the consequences from the Button later on.
I'm guessing we'll see Bruce really evaluating if he'll want to be Batman. Maybe Dr. Manhatten is trying to get him to stop or something?

Oh, yeah that was definitely what they were aiming at. Its just this feels closer to the goal of restoring the pre-Flashpoint timeline than anything else.

Are you reading Batgirl by Bryan Miller? Pick up Red Robin when you get a chance. Long story short, Tim's not in a good place.

That's putting it very, very mildly. By Red Robin's launch, Tim had
seen his father die. His best friends Conner and Bart were both dead. His mentor and other father figure was believed dead. And even his big brother had abandoned him for a demented little jerk of a child.
In every way possible, he was a lost man--they had stripped nearly everything from him. But Red Robin gets the character back on track in a believable way, actually elevating the character as well.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
About to read my first batch of Zenoscope books. Will post my thoughts later tonignt.

Been reading Grimm Fairy Tales myself, about 50 issues in(including spin-offs like the Wonderland and Sinbad stuff) and I have been really enjoying it. The suggestive cover art can be real groan-worthy(and really not reflective of the content at all), but the stories themselves can be really surprising and even very dark takes on the classic tales. Kind of digging the connected universe they are slowly building as well.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me

Pretty sure it's only supposed to be like 9 or 10 issues.

Vic_Viper

Pretty sure it's only supposed to be like 9 or 10 issues.

Awesome, thanks! I looked and couldn't find anything other than the announcement that he was returning after the like year long break after the first 3 issues.

Has he said anything about The Black Monday Murders being an ongoing or not? By far my favorite book out at the moment.

Also, I read this weeks Mojoverse issue X-Men Blue. I dont think im going to continue it. I was so excited for this event but it just feels like an average story at best. Ill stick with Astonishing, All New Wolverine, and Cable for my current X books.

On a side note, I just started Battle Chasers on PS4. Almost done reading the comics too. Joe Mads art looks so good in motion. Cant believe the animation team was able to replicate it so well for the cutscenes. I guess its the same guys who did the Castlevania Netflix show!

Wanderer5

Damn at Metal #3. Things are just getting worse and worse. It is going to be a bit interesting to see how it ends. Looking forward to Batman Lost next month.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Awesome, thanks! I looked and couldn't find anything other than the announcement that he was returning after the like year long break after the first 3 issues.

Has he said anything about The Black Monday Murders being an ongoing or not? By far my favorite book out at the moment.

On a side note, I just started Battle Chasers on PS4. Almost done reading the comics too. Joe Mads art looks so good in motion. Cant believe the animation team was able to replicate it so well for the cutscenes. I guess its the same guys who did the Castlevania Netflix show!

Also, I read this weeks Mojoverse issue X-Men Blue. I dont think im going to continue it. I was so excited for this event but it just feels like an average story at best. Ill stick with Astonishing, All New Wolverine, and Cable for my current X books.

The plan for BMM is 12 issues.

I'll be picking up Cable once Blink joins the party.

Some Nobody

Really? Seems like exactly what I expected tbh.

Vic_Viper

The plan for BMM is 12 issues.

I'll be picking up Cable once Blink joins the party.

Oh cool, thats probably the perfect length for this kind of story!

Cable has been really cool, if you like Cable already. Much better than the last Cable ongoing imo but he does work better with a team or atleast a supporting cast.

Really? Seems like exactly what I expected tbh.

Yeah, I guess I shouldnt have expected anything else. I havent been a big fan of the Blue and Gold books to begin with though.

Loved Tec, Action, Flash, Mr Miracle, and Metal this week. So hyped for things to come to a head just before Doomsday Clock hits next month

error4041

Despicable Deadpool is off to a great start, Duggan is finding unique directions for the book which is impressive since he started on Deadpool nearly 5 years ago, hope he stick around on GotG for a similar amount of time (assuming it stays good)

Red Hood #16 variant by Guillem March:
NZtg06c.jpg
Messi this is kinda creepy.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Not especially. Plot relevance is really just "what's a Beyonder". SW2015 has a lot of homages/allegories to the original, but they're certainly not required to understand what's going on.

Definitely Hickman's fantastic four run, secret warriors was good but I wouldn't say essential, and no on the previous secret wars events.

Thanks, I may ultimately follow this handy chart afterall: (Seems like most agree all this Hickman is worth the time)

The other Secret Wars guide I was referring to was here for curiosity:

https://www.comicbookherald.com/the-complete-marvel-reading-order-guide/secret-wars-reading-order/

VeeP

Oh, yeah that was definitely what they were aiming at. Its just this feels closer to the goal of restoring the pre-Flashpoint timeline than anything else.

That's putting it very, very mildly. By Red Robin's launch, Tim had
seen his father die. His best friends Conner and Bart were both dead. His mentor and other father figure was believed dead. And even his big brother had abandoned him for a demented little jerk of a child.
In every way possible, he was a lost man--they had stripped nearly everything from him. But Red Robin gets the character back on track in a believable way, actually elevating the character as well.

Man Red Robin was so good. His interactions with Ras, Bruce, Steph, Conner, Damian, the Teen Titans, etc. were all sooooo good. Hopefully Tynion can get Cass/Steph/Tim back on track.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Yup, The Dying & The Dead is definitely a closed series now. 10 issues, and slated to get a complete collection in March.

Owzers

Mara TP: It started slow, escalated, and then drifted off. Not really something i'd recommend.

next up: Heavy Liquid Hardcover.

Vic_Viper

Yup, The Dying & The Dead is definitely a closed series now. 10 issues, and slated to get a complete collection in March.

Nice bro thanks. Might just wait to finish the series when the collection comes out then. Really neat premise but would never have lasted if it was an on-going like East of West. Same goes for BMM.

The Hickman Avengers Omnibus is probably the best way to go for the guy looking to read his run up to Secret Wars. Hopefully Vol. 2 will be out early next year.

ElNarez

Banned
Written by SCOTT SNYDER, JAMES TYNION IV and JOSHUA WILLIAMSON
Art by DOUG MAHNKE, IVAN REIS and others
Cover by DOUG MAHNKE

Continued from the pages of the bestselling DARK NIGHTS: METAL! The Dark Knights ride through the farthest reaches of the Multiverse to track down the unlikeliest of teams: The Flash, Cyborg, Raven and Detective Chimp. The mission: keep these heroes from completing their desperate quest to save all of existence! Plus, Challengers’ Mountain crackles with dark energy that will release an army of the world’s worst nightmares into the streets of Gotham City!

This one-shot also answers the question: Where are the Metal Men? And who is the latest addition to the team?

this was literally my one question about the current events in DC

it's always my one question about DC

Sandfox

It's weird how gimmick covers are coming back now. I wonder what we'll see next.

Jason Aaron is hyping up is upcoming work on twitter. His new Marvel book sounds like it's going to be crazy and I'm curious to see what his new creator owned book is.

Top Bottom