• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Launch Thread: Welcome to The Real World

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teknoman

Arriving tomorrow by 8pm, but it would be amazing if it actually got here later today. Especially with a nearby Amazon facility.

Teknoman

You and me both.

A hybrid one would be cool too. Maybe 3rd person (so we can have comfortable movement) in the field and then some kind of action or turn-based combat since there's no locomotion involved on a battle screen.

From Software King's Field VR. I want this to happen so bad.

They're working on a PSVR game, or was I just dreaming about that? But afair we don't know anything about it yet and I'd love it to be a new King's Field game.

Edit: my Amazon.de order should ship today, it's happening, isn't it? But I'll have to wait at least a week to get it though, free shipping to Switzerland ;(

All three of you have excellent taste. And yeah, From was on the list of devs.

Mine should arrive in the next couple of hours. Will decide on what games to get after trying the demos.

When is the embargo for Rigs reviews up?

Hanmik

Damn this thing is much bigger in real life..

WDY87bF.jpg

ROE4FPq.jpg

AqBB36g.jpg

Carl

Great OT man!

Still waiting for my dispatch email from GAME but Amazon have sent RIGS. Can't wait for tomorrow

chippy13

I think I'm going to get screwed by Canada post. Amazon still says arriving tomorrow but Canada post tracking says Friday. I get home from a work trip Thursday night and was hoping to get a chance to try it out as soon as I get home. Oh well. As long as it isn't stuck at the post office for the weekend I'll be happy.

Hanmik

man that big VR set at Kings Cross station looks so fucking nice..

rpVD5mt.jpg

(not my pictures found them on twitter, I am in another country)

De_Marco

Just run the HDMI from PS4 to the PSVR processing unit, and the HDMI out from the PU to your receiver.

Nice work on the OT, Sangetsu-II!

Can it stay wired like that or does it have to be unplugged from the receiver if you play "normal" PS4 games? Will find out myself tomorrow, but I am also a bit worried because of the introduced lag.

Booki

Ausgaffer here. Got a suprise text from Ebgames today at lunch. "come pick up your Playstation VR tomorrow @ebgames" Spat my coffee out because they told me I was in the second shipment coming later in the year. It's going to be a long day at work tomorrow but god damn am I excited!

Afrikan

Arriving tomorrow by 8pm, but it would be amazing if it actually got here later today. Especially with a nearby Amazon facility.

Why are some Amazon folks getting it on Wednesday?

Did yall do 1 day shipping or something?

Mine says ship on the 11th but arrive on the 13th.

WITHE1982

Nice thread. Also best title.

I cancelled my PSVR pre-order around a month ago. No regrets though TBH, I just simply couldn't afford it after a few unexpected things sprung up. I'm still massively excited for the launch and will be experiencing VR vicariously through all you lovely guys 'n' gals on GAF.

Ausgaffer here. Got a suprise text from Ebgames today at lunch. "come pick up your Playstation VR tomorrow @ebgames" Spat my coffee out because they told me I was in the second shipment coming later in the year. It's going to be a long day at work tomorrow but god damn am I excited!
I took the day off. My EB is also opening at 8:00am. Debating whether I should sleep in though, since it is a day off after all. :p

After getting motion sickness demoing PSVR I decided to get an Xbox One S instead. This thread and all the excitement is making it damn hard to stand by that decision... :)

kyser73

I took the day off. My EB is also opening at 8:00am. Debating whether I should sleep in though, since it is a day off after all. :p

I was reminded by wife that I'm dropping the kids off at school tomorrow morning...so I'll just have to pick it up at 930 instead :) I'm at work all day anyway, and because it's my wife's 40th in Friday I'm only going to be able to get a few hours in before we go away for the weekend on Friday morning...still, it's a kid free weekend, and I'll take that reality over anything else!!

Moreche

I see the PS4 HDMI runs through the box and the the box runs to my TV.
If I'm using my PS4 but not using PSVR, do I still need to plug in and power the box?

orioto

Good Art™
Mine is meant to arrive in some bakery (delicious!) on Monday or Tuesday... Normally.. (i preordered last week on Amazon so it should be out of stock..)

sadromeo

My Amazon status changed from Arriving on Thursday to arriving tomorrow by 8pm... but right below it, it says not yet shipped.

The wait game for this has been tough but I know it will be worth it.

foxbeldin

My psmoves from the ps3 era look like they're charging. Hopefully the batteries will last enough and i won't have to replace them.

My Amazon status changed from Arriving on Thursday to arriving tomorrow by 8pm... but right below it, it says not yet shipped.

Same here.

I've had a pre-order in from March while I tried to decide whether I could justify the purchase or not - decided to keep it as a birthday present for my brother splitting the cost with the rest of the family. He's been dreaming about VR for years so he should love it.

Skimping on the move controllers for the mean time since they seem to have jacked the prices up, and I'm worried that the UK demo disc might be a bit anemic so I think I'm going to throw in Rush of Blood as well since it's only £12 on Amazon and it'll be pretty hilarious watching him play. Does anyone know if it plays ok with the dualshock? Any other recommendations for games that play well with the controller?

foxbeldin

I've had a pre-order in from March while I tried to decide whether I could justify the purchase or not - decided to keep it as a birthday present for my brother splitting the cost with the rest of the family. He's been dreaming about VR for years so he should love it.

Skimping on the move controllers for the mean time since they seem to have jacked the prices up, and I'm worried that the UK demo disc might be a bit anemic so I think I'm going to throw in Rush of Blood as well since it's only £12 on Amazon and it'll be pretty hilarious watching him play. Does anyone know if it plays ok with the dualshock? Any other recommendations for games that play well with the controller?

You can create a US account and download their demo disc from there. (18 games / 36 GB)

I'm not buying anything before i try everything.

You can create a US account and download their demo disc from there. (18 games / 36 GB)

I'm not buying anything before i try everything.

Oh that's pretty cool, so it's a single download and launcher? I figured I'd have to go grab demos from individual store pages (if they were even available).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom