• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 7 biohazard | OT | BIOHAZARD 7 resident evil

xviper

here are some adivces to help everyone in the game, don't worry they are not major spoilers but i'll tag them anyway

don't try to shoot jack when he follows you through the house, it's a waste of resources

try to avoid the insects until you get a flamethrower

always try to shoot at the head of the weird looking enemies because their bodies are bullet sponges and sometimes it's best to just run past them, and always close the door when they are behind you because they can't open the door, so use this to your advantage

don't use all you liquid chemical stuff on herbs or potions, you can make strong bullets with them

Can we expect big boss fights for this game, or are they too high budget and horror-less for this particular part?

I really enjoyed all the boss fights. There not as crazy as some prior boss fights but really like the more down to earth approach to battles, sans the final boss which I can't even say felt like a boss. Doh. Sweet to see though.

I really enjoyed all the boss fights. There not as crazy as some prior boss fights but really like the more down to earth approach to battles, sans the final boss which I can't even say felt like a boss. Doh. Sweet to see though.
Yeah I liked the boss fights as well.
Fantastic game. It's a 9/10 for me. REmake is a 10 of course.

Toa TAK

Banned
This is great to hear. Minus the final boss.

pitchfork

Pre loaded on xbox one and ready!

Gonna be forced to play in the day until the weekend as I work nights, would've much preferred to play in darkness but hey ho

Can anyone confirm whether gamestop's 9 pm release is for pro members only? I'm not pro and while I'm willing to pay 12 more dollar,s I dont think I'm willing to pay like 30

I'm glad that they made a reversible cover art again (R3 version).

Uv8sqzV.jpg

Resident Evil / Biohazard

oQURoBp.jpg

Also...

Pretty hyped for tomorrow. It's definitely the most excited I've been for a new RE game in a while. Haven't gotten one on release since Revelaitons and haven't really been this pumped since before RE5.

I've also managed to stay fairly in-the-dark on RE7 too. I've tried to stay away from most news/media on the game for a few months now. I like having the feeling of not knowing a whole lot going in.

To those who have played it, what's the recommended difficulty? Is it worthwhile to start on Madhouse? Or is Normal enough of a challenge for a first-time playthrough?

Santar

Pretty hyped for tomorrow. It's definitely the most excited I've been for a new RE game in a while. Haven't gotten one on release since Revelaitons and haven't really been this pumped since before RE5.

I've also managed to stay fairly in-the-dark on RE7 too. I've tried to stay away from most news/media on the game for a few months now. I like having the feeling of not knowing a whole lot going in.

To those who have played it, what's the recommended difficulty? Is it worthwhile to start on Madhouse? Or is Normal enough of a challenge for a first-time playthrough?

Normal is easier than Remake, but not super easy.
Madhouse is unlocked after you beat it.

Karak

You guys are in for a treat man. Its fantastic on all versions and yes that includes fully playable and VERY enjoyable on PSVR

Neff

Just got done finishing the game for a second time, again on normal, and a good few hours shorter. I got a different ending!

My initial (and lengthy) reaction to the game is here, but I think it deserves a new appraisal after being more familiar with the game and getting into a more efficient, relaxed comfort zone with it.

Two major things stand out on a second run. Firstly, the game is actually even smaller and shorter than I thought it was, but it clicks. It works as a fast game, just like the originals, and it's paced very well, which surprised me. That said, I do wish there was more to it, and I'm hoping the DLC delivers something substantial. If it had another area the size and scale of the Baker estate or the
Wrecked Ship
it would be perfect.

Secondly, Capcom have crafted themselves a nifty little FPS shooter. Unlike my rather inept first run, I found myself utilising weapons like a pro, and saving myself a ton of heartache in the process. My second run ended with a hilarious amount of spare ammo/health, so I think I'm ready for Madhouse mode now. Weapon and character movement has a very elegant flow to it, and while it's still sometimes a gamble, running past enemies is a legit and often highly recommended strategy, just as it's always been.

I really like this game. I actually want to jump straight back in and try another run and see how I can improve on my performance. To me, that's the sign of a great RE title.

To summarise:

+ Amazing visuals and sound design
+ Fantastic, old-school RE environment design- locked doors, keys, puzzles, backtracking, shortcuts, all that stuff
+ Inventory management is crucial
+ Great combat
+ Legit scary, even without VR, potentially terrifying with it
+ Bosses aren't quite the usual RE highlights, but are fun nonetheless

- Too short
- Too few enemy types
- Anorexic ties to the RE universe
- Story itself and characters are underwhelming

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
You guys are in for a treat man. Its fantastic on all versions and yes that includes fully playable and VERY enjoyable on PSVR
I'm not sure if I should play on VR, I was hospitalised last week for a heart condition. How are the scares?

Edit: two weeks ago.

ymgve

Anyone preordered it on PS4 in Europe? Will it launch at midnight? I'm considering getting it for PS4 if it releases there before Steam, which seem to release at 5-6AM here.

Brhoom

Banned
Just got done finishing the game for a second time, again on normal, and a good few hours shorter. I got a different ending!

My initial (and lengthy) reaction to the game is here, but I think it deserves a new appraisal after being more familiar with the game and getting into a more efficient, relaxed comfort zone with it.

Two major things stand out on a second run. Firstly, the game is actually even smaller and shorter than I thought it was, but it clicks. It works as a fast game, just like the originals, and it's paced very well, which surprised me. That said, I do wish there was more to it, and I'm hoping the DLC delivers something substantial. If it had another area the size and scale of the Baker estate or the
Wrecked Ship
it would be perfect.

Secondly, Capcom have crafted themselves a nifty little FPS shooter. Unlike my rather inept first run, I found myself utilising weapons like a pro, and saving myself a ton of heartache in the process. My second run ended with a hilarious amount of spare ammo/health, so I think I'm ready for Madhouse mode now. Weapon and character movement has a very elegant flow to it, and while it's still sometimes a gamble, running past enemies is a legit and often highly recommended strategy, just as it's always been.

I really like this game. I actually want to jump straight back in and try another run and see how I can improve on my performance. To me, that's the sign of a great RE title.

To summarise:

+ Amazing visuals and sound design
+ Fantastic, old-school RE environment design- locked doors, keys, puzzles, backtracking, shortcuts, all that stuff
+ Inventory management is crucial
+ Great combat
+ Legit scary, even without VR, potentially terrifying with it
+ Bosses aren't quite the usual RE highlights, but are fun nonetheless

- Too short
- Too few enemy types
- Anorexic ties to the RE universe
- Story itself and characters are underwhelming

I'm happy you enjoyed it.

Now play Mad House!!!

quick question..so i've heard about the normal and madhouse diff. but now i see that madhouse doesn't have "autosave"? since when is autosave a thing for re7?

please clarify and should we be running it on madhouse instead?

Kalentan

With those scores... Fuck it. I'm pre-ordering tonight! Can't wait to begin playing in VR at midnight! :D

I was barely able to handle the demo! Should be good!

Any info on what the average playthrough game length is????

8, 10, and 12 seem to be the average. My first run took me 8.5 and was rather surprised as I felt I was taking my time. That said it felt perfectly fine at the length I had. It will depend on getting stuck or lost really. Also I'm not sure retries count on your overall time.

ClearData

I'm looking for PC details as the PCGAMER review didn't seem to touch upon the graphical options I can expect. Mainly, I wanted to know if I can expect 21:9 support.

So glad it's a hit. I loved the demo. For anyone who played the demo, did we ever find out what the
dirty coin
will get you in the retail game?

Mrfb17

Neo Member
Can anyone answer this non spoilers if possible please or tag it whatever you need to do....

Does RE7 tie directly into the RE Universe in a meaningful way or is it a side story in the same world?

here are some adivces to help everyone in the game, don't worry they are not major spoilers but i'll tag them anyway

don't try to shoot jack when he follows you through the house, it's a waste of resources

try to avoid the insects until you get a flamethrower

always try to shoot at the head of the weird looking enemies because their bodies are bullet sponges and sometimes it's best to just run past them, and always close the door when they are behind you because they can't open the door, so use this to your advantage

don't use all you liquid chemical stuff on herbs or potions, you can make strong bullets with them

Thank you for this!

2 hours in this game and I need a break; they were right about the doors thing, it really puts you on the edge the whole time. And I was definitely not expecting the game to be so visceral either; the whole prologue section was one heck of an eye opener.

I need some hints on the early part:

How the fuck do you reattach your leg when Daddy Baker chops it off; I went through this 3 times without figuring out, and ended up clearing that part by triggering the alternate method of getting into the hatch.

Holy fuck, that smash through the wall scared the shit out of me.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Gamestop will start selling this at 9PM tonight EST. Will join you all gentlemen next with my copy in hand.

Neff

quick question..so i've heard about the normal and madhouse diff. but now i see that madhouse doesn't have "autosave"? since when is autosave a thing for re7?

please clarify and should we be running it on madhouse instead?

Madhouse basically adopts the ink ribbon system. You have to find save items and they're limited. On the normal difficulty, can manually save as many times as you like, or you can continue at the point you died, or you can reset and go back to the save.

Madhouse apparently also moves items and enemies around.

Top Bottom