• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Classics HD: Ratchet and Clank Trilogy

HYDE

Banned
Volume 2 will probably come with Deadlocked, Size Matters, and Secret Agent Clank.

And Volume 2 for Jak and Daxter will probably come with X Combat Racing, Daxter, and Lost Frontier.

It should be mentioned that Idol Minds is handling the port.

Derrick01

Banned
Fall??? Fuck that. It says they have something special planned for some gimmicky 10 year anniversary so it better be something awesome to make me wait months for no reason.

Yuterald

Fall sounds fine. I've got way too many vid games to play anyway right now. I've already 100%'ed these games on PS2 so there's no rush for me personally. I am looking forward to replaying these games when the time comes. The PS2 Ratchet titles are still the best, especially Going Commando.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Something very special for North American fans? I wonder what that means...

they tweaked that and lost the meaning a bit.

There is more to the 10th Anniversary Celebration than just HD Collection worldwide.

There also will be something special for NA fans for waiting out the time difference. I may suggest pre-ordering the game. Hopefully we can announce this soon, need to work it out with retail partners.

V_Ben

Banned
And Volume 2 for Jak and Daxter will probably come with X Combat Racing, Daxter, and Lost Frontier.

It should be mentioned that Idol Minds is handling the port.

Also, that it is in 1080p. First full HD collection, right?

AEREC

Im going to pass on this collection, though I hope they keep doing HD collections like this. I always liked J&D more and found R&C to be a bit flat in the story/humor department...for some reason Ratchet just inst likable for a main character.

onQ123

not having BC in the newer PS3's turned out to be the best thing ever & that's coming from someone with a BC PS3.

HYDE

Banned
Also, that it is in 1080p. First full HD collection, right?

Exactly! Also, we need HD rereleases for Viewtiful Joe 1 and 2, Okami, Shinobi, and Psychonauts(most anticipated).

Would anyone else die for a non-Matrix Metal Gear Solid HD remake?

Also, why are Ubisoft giving Rayman 3 the HD treatment, when they should be giving that treatment to Rayman 2??

A little off topic, I hope 343 does a Halo 2 HD remake as well.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Im going to pass on this collection, though I hope they keep doing HD collections like this. I always liked J&D more and found R&C to be a bit flat in the story/humor department...for some reason Ratchet just inst likable for a main character.

wat? UYA Online alone is worth 40 bucks!

Derrick01

Banned
wat? UYA Online alone is worth 40 bucks!

I'd pay $30 just to play UYA again. It was my first Ratchet game but man it was so amazing for its time.

Damn all this Ratchet talk makes me want to go out and rebuy ToD and a Crack in Time. I've been meaning to do that for a while since I got a new ps3 last holiday but I've been short on cash.

Looking good!

6836295054_0bfb5f1c75_o.png

6836295154_a6a99b4628_o.png

6982421323_f8438348f9_o.png

6836294864_29a3ea1306_o.png

Will definitively buy it.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Ohh yeahh! This is so bought. Ratchet and Clank is one of my favorite series. It's also nice that they're including the multiplayer from UYA. That box art is horrible though. For a second, I thought this was a collection of the 3 PS3 games.

Screens look decent, though I'm sure it'll look better in motion. Anyone know who working on this?

But no Deadlocked? Does anyone know of a reason for why it wasn't included? Surely it would have fit on the Blu Ray.

I haven't played R&C2

*shakes head*

onQ123

OT but this is why I'm buying a Wii U, because Nintendo has so many classics that I know they will love reselling in HD for the 1st time.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
not true. We gave them all the assets, provided help when asked (mainly questions about bugs, and some of the other dark voodoo things pulled off with the PS2), and a key ex-Insomniac/Insomniac contractor worked on it from the engine/core tech level.

Also, we do make money on it, you can't just re-release our games and not pay us! ;-)

That's cool!

Jamesstevenson, do you happen to know if some of the funner glitches from the PS2 games will remain? The first person wall climb glitch in GC, for instance? Will you still be able to beat GC without Clank?

I think that's for the best. Even though I want this. right. now.

they tweaked that and lost the meaning a bit.

There is more to the 10th Anniversary Celebration than just HD Collection worldwide.

There also will be something special for NA fans for waiting out the time difference. I may suggest pre-ordering the game. Hopefully we can announce this soon, need to work it out with retail partners.

:O

Did you ever watch the official preview for the Jak & Daxter Collection? Apparently those titles were a coder's nightmare, especially for a team other than the original developers--maybe you should just be glad the collection was ever released. Here's a link: http://vodpod.com/watch/16090677-jak-and-daxter-collection-behind-the-scenes

That was a really nice watch, thank you. Are there any other HD-behind the scenes stuff?

Oh, and also buying this so hard. I liked Deadlocked's multiplayer better but I can't pass up UYA. So fucking fun. I hope to see Insomniac make one last Ratchet with full story/online mode. I'm just worried that the All 4 One's sales may have halted the franchises' momentum a bit too much :(

btkadams

may release for eu and fall release for na? won't that mean that the online community will be half-dead when us north americans get the game? at least you only need 8 players though.

kswiston

Still seems weird to see PS2 titles referred to as classics.

I will probably get this at some point. Never played the first R&C. Loved Going Commando and Up Your Arsenal though.

Derrick01

Banned
Now it's time for Dark Cloud and Dark Cloud 2 HD.

Do it.

Shut up. It's my fantasy.

I'll sign on to that. It's pretty much the only ps2 collection left that I can think of that I would buy. Square-Enix doesn't seem to want to do a FF 10-12 collection and just release them separately so I don't know of any others.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Fall? Guess I'll import, any downside besides price?

Himself

I don't mind waiting here in NA for something special. There are plenty of games to play in the meantime.

I loved the PS3 games, never played the PS2 ones, but I feel like I've had my fill of r&c for a while. Do these games really kick that much ass that I'll forget about the fact that I've already played tons of r&c in the past few years?

kswiston

I'll sign on to that. It's pretty much the only ps2 collection left that I can think of that I would buy. Square-Enix doesn't seem to want to do a FF 10-12 collection and just release them separately so I don't know of any others.

Dark Cloud 2 would look really good in HD. Cel Shaded graphics tend to hold up pretty well. I am not sure about the original Dark Cloud though. It's been a long time since I have played the game, but I would imagine it looks a little rough now. It was a near launch game, and I don't remember it having spectacular graphics even in 2001.

Globox_82

Banned
Dark Cloud 2 would look really good in HD. Cel Shaded graphics tend to hold up pretty well. I am not sure about the original Dark Cloud though. It's been a long time since I have played the game, but I would imagine it looks a little rough now. It was a near launch game, and I don't remember it having spectacular graphics even in 2001.

God I want Sony Zelda in HD so bad.

Bebpo

Banned
1080p & 60fps!?!?!?!

+ 3D?

Oh hell yes.

Guessing they got a legit developer like Bluepoint to pull something like that off?
*edit* just saw that it's Idol Minds. Well if they pull off 1080p + 60fps without sacrificing things from the originals, then they will be an awesome developer after this ;)

I never played the old PS2 Ratchet games outside a few hours of Ratchet 1, so this should be fun!

btw, how did the Jak Collection turn out despite the subHD stuff?

Never played them fully, only demos, so I'll probably pick this up at some point. Finished Tools and got through the majority of ACIT which I might go back to at some point (don't own it though).

Also enjoyed the games and characters; odd that I never actually bought one of the games though :/

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Yeah, that is just dumb.

It makes me think Sony is worried about their fall lineup.

nope, it's purely Ratchet reasons. Another component of the 10th Anniversary Celebration.

Believe me, not ideal, but everyone both here and at Sony agree this is what we needed to do.

It'll make sense this fall.

Top Bottom