• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Edition for Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia announced (NA)

Amazon and Best Buy should be up eventually today so this one isn't as scarce as the Fates nonsense. This seems lowkey. Gamestop will probably put more up soon as well even if they seem like they "sold out"

Fates SE was available over and over again before it came out. It was available literally everywhere. The only place it was legitimately sold out was Amazon. Best Buy and Gamestop always had the edition, even as late as one week before launch.

So if you really wanted one, you would have been able to get one. This is going to be similar. Best Buy and Gamestop will readily have it available. If you're using Amazon then worry about that one. Once Amazon sold out for the Fates SE it was gone for good.

Zaventem

I don't think the Fate SE was all that rare. If I remember correctly from the NPD leaks, they ended up printing something like 40k of those. However, a huge chunk of us Fire Emblem fans would have rather purchased the Limited Edition over a conquest or birthright Standard edition and two DLCs which worked out to the same price.

If we get split Fire Emblem editions in the future, they should skip the fancy packaging, and just offer a standard case with an all-in-one cart for the combined price of the other two SKUs. The Pokemon Sun/Moon combo pack was easy enough to find in stores for those who wanted it.

I know lots of people just wanted everything on 1 physical cart and that pushed the price up significantly. Also the difference are much more apparent between the versions than the sun and moon pack in.

0JbPLAh.jpg

kswiston

I know lots of people just wanted everything on 1 physical cart and that pushed the price up significantly. Also the difference are much more apparent between the versions than the sun and moon pack in.

There is that. I don't think that everything on 1 cart is worth anything near the $250 that people are apparently being asked to pay now though.

Also, I wasn't comparing Pokemon to Fire Emblem in any way other than the fact that it was easy to find combo packs for Pokemon Sun/Moon in stores without preordering. I agree that the Fire Emblem versions were more divergent, and probably had a larger portion of players who wanted to play multiple paths.

Good luck gentlemen (and ladies). It's been an honor serving with you. But to the victor go the spoils when it comes to SEs on Amazon!

Unless it mysteriously gets cancelled...

You guys understand me!!!

Fun fact, Twilight Princess is only the 2nd Zelda gave I've ever owned and never beat the first one I owned, which was Four Swords.

Menthuss

Wow, these character designs look WAY better than both Awakening' and Fates'. Keeping my fingers crossed for the writing being good as well.

Amazon and Best Buy should be up eventually today so this one isn't as scarce as the Fates nonsense. This seems lowkey. Gamestop will probably put more up soon as well even if they seem like they "sold out"

Fates SE was available over and over again before it came out. It was available literally everywhere. The only place it was legitimately sold out was Amazon. Best Buy and Gamestop always had the edition, even as late as one week before launch.

So if you really wanted one, you would have been able to get one. This is going to be similar. Best Buy and Gamestop will readily have it available. If you're using Amazon then worry about that one. Once Amazon sold out for the Fates SE it was gone for good.

What? Fates SE was extremely scarce. It was available a few times in tiny batches and they sold out within seconds, every single time.

What? Fates SE was extremely scarce. It was available a few times in tiny batches and they sold out within seconds, every single time.

Nope. Distinctly remember seeing it readily available all the time on Best Buy and Gamestop. It was only extremely scarce on Amazon.

Oxn

Nope. Distinctly remember seeing it readily available all the time on Best Buy and Gamestop. It was only extremely scarce on Amazon.

Yea even though i got my preorder in early, i was still watching how it all unfolded over time, and the game was definitely not readily available at all. It came on and off in small flashes, uusually lasting under 30minutes. I remmeber one time it was up on a site for 2 hours and everyone was so suprised.

I was working at GameStop at the time and we were only allotted 3 preorders of the fates collectors so that would be quite odd.

Yeah that doesn't make any sense. I'm not talking about in store, and even if it was in store it definitely was not limited to 3 per person. I'm talking about online. Best Buy had special editions nonstop and I remember Gamestop having them as well, both of them had it well a week before the actual launch, and they went up and down nonstop. So basically, if you really wanted one, you would have gotten one.

L95

Got mine preordered instore about an hour and 20 minutes ago. (Just got home from other errands....)

Excited to have this, it looks lovely :)

Kinda sad this version doesn't come with the FERD/Awakening/Fates/Echoes HD cutscene disc though...

//ARCANUM

you are remembering incorrectly. while it popped up on those sites for sale, they were available for *very* short times. and even then, there were order cancellations left and right. it was a nightmare getting one of the Fates SE.

edit - there were many people on GAF alone who had 2 or more pre-orders from different retailers and had ALL of them cancelled. Even Amazon had an entire pre-order batch that they cancelled every single one of (it went up in the middle of the night one night).

Oxn

Yeah that doesn't make any sense. I'm not talking about in store, and even if it was in store it definitely was not limited to 3 per person. I'm talking about online. Best Buy had special editions nonstop and I remember Gamestop having them as wekk, both of them had it well a week before the actual launch, and they went up and down nonstop. So basically, if you really wanted one, you would have gotten one.

Sorry but you are completely off your rockers.

I think you're thinking of Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE and not Fire Emblem Fates. Fire Emblem Fates was very hard to get and went for a lot on ebay.

Yea even though i got my preorder in early, i was still watching how it all unfolded over time, and the game was definitely not readily available at all. It came on and off in small flashes, uusually lasting under 30minutes. I remmeber one time it was up on a site for 2 hours and everyone was so suprised.

That's my point. If you wanted one you would have gotten one. The only place that was actually sold out permanently was Amazon.

wiibomb

as a person who tried desperately to find one without paying the huge amounts the scalpers were asking, no, sorry but you are remembering wrong, that edition was extremely scarce.

I never found one

Oxn

That's my point. If you wanted one you would have gotten one. The only place that was actually sold out permanently was Amazon.

No we dont have the same point at all. It was literally up maybe on average 30minutes a week between every store combined if you are lucky to be there at the right time.

I think you're thinking of Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE and not Fire Emblem Fates. Fire Emblem Fates was very hard to get and went for a lot on ebay.

Well, here in NYC it was not hard to get at all. You could walk into Nintendo World and they had a dozen in stock well after launch. And I'm not wrong about Best Buy and Gamestop. They had constant stock go up and down randomly, even a week before launch.

It doesn't matter anyway anymore so I don't understand why people are getting up and arms about this anyway but I standby what I said. And no, it's not the SMTxFE nonsense. I remember it very clearly because I remember checking both those places and they went up and down obsessionally.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member

Only if you happened to be online the entire time, when it went up for a few mins. Some people with work/school are not always lucky to have constant access.

Edit: Oh you live by Nintendo World? That would just make your chances personally better.

Oxn

as a person who tried desperately to find one without paying the huge amounts the scalpers were asking, no, sorry but you are remembering wrong, that edition was extremely scarce.

I never found one

You quoted the wrong guy

Yeah if

1) You happened to be awake when it went on sale in random times in random sites
2) Actually made it past checkout
3) Didnt get your order cancelled

I got super lucky

Oxn

Well, here in NYC it was not hard to get at all. You could walk into Nintendo World and they had a dozen in stock well after launch. And I'm not wrong about Best Buy and Gamestop. They had constant stock go up and down randomly, even a week before launch.

It doesn't matter anyway anymore so I don't understand why people are getting up and arms about this anyway but I standby what I said. And no, it's not the SMTxFE nonsense. I remember it very clearly because I remember checking both those places and they went up and down obsessionally.

You can standby it all you want, its just completely wrong.

Only if you happened to be online the entire time, when it went up for a few mins. Some people with work/school are not always lucky to have constant access.

Edit: Oh you live by Nintendo World? That would just make your chances personally better.

They had Marth and all the Amiibo's back when they were hard to find originally. Just walked in and bought Marth and whatever casually.

kagamin

I tried repeatedly to get one from multiple sites, the one order I managed to get in was canceled, do I just have shit luck? lol

Watching this on Amazon to put in cart but it isn't the "must-have" that the FE Fates SE was (because of the games all integrated on the Fates SE cart). So this would be nice to have, but not something quite so unique.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
They had Marth and all the Amiibo's back when they were hard to find originally. Just walked in and bought Marth and whatever casually.

Yeah be cause Nintendo actually stocks their store well. Their one store, which most of the country can't walk into.

I tried repeatedly to get one from multiple sites, the one order I managed to get in was canceled, do I just have shit luck? lol

People here are right that it was scarce and no one is denying that....but if you checked periodically and if you really wanted one...you'd have gotten one. That's my point. Best Buy and Gamestop went up and down nonstop, Best Buy especially.

Persona7

Banned
The Fates SE did go up many times for short periods. It was impossible to get after launch. I think it went up like twice on best buy and another site after launch and that was it.

Yeah be cause Nintendo actually stocks their store well. Their one store, which most of the country can't walk into.

Don't think they have an online store.

But yeah, pretty much. Most recent example is the Switch and the Zelda SE and ME. You could walk in a day after they came out on Saturday and just walk out with all of those things.

They have excess stock on everything.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
People here are right that it was scarce and no one is denying that....but if you checked periodically and if you really wanted one...you'd have gotten one. That's my point. Best Buy and Gamestop went up and down nonstop, Best Buy especially.

Change "really wanted" to "being online". Once again, people work and have classes. Being in the right place, right time, does not make you lucky for flash orders. You would have a good chance if you dat on your comp/phone the whole time, sure, but not everyone can do that the entire day. Also many cancellations happened.

What the fuck NOA!? Who announces a US limited edition at 5am PDT. Especially when you yourself are in the PDT timezone and people will have literally minutes to buy the things because you never create enough stock.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Don't think they have an online store.

But yeah, pretty much. Most recent example is the Switch and the Zelda SE and ME. You could walk in a day after they came out on Saturday and just walk out with all of those things.

They have excess stock on everything.

Yeah. We can't just walk in and get this excess stock though. Only people that live there, is my point.

Top Bottom