• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT3| Dig Your Way to Fortune! Build Your Way to Glory!

We could go default, but none of the plugins would work.

Why not just start a new normal vanilla survival map and say "go nuts" with the stipulation that it's only a temporary fix until the plugins get updated? You guys already run on a white list anyway. Once Bukkit does come out, either discard the old one or just have it as a secondary map once you get multiverse set up?

M4shy

Neo Member
God damn it, just started minecraft again after a seven or eight months break and for some reason there's a bunch of issues with my redstone contraptions. But I just can't figure it out, apparently I've forgotten whatever little I previously knew about the subject, lol. Oh well never mind, I'll leave it for now.

Remind me, I don't have to create a new world for new content right? I'll just have to venture outside my previously explored area? I really like my house and stuff. I don't want to start over :p

The Redstone update a few patches ago may have changed how a few of your circuits.
And yeah, just explore new chunks and you should start to see new things.

Development has been quiet lately (from following Jeb, Dinnerbone's) twitter account.
It seems the Minecraft developers are on vacation every other month.

I'm really awaiting the next big update.. I heard it was going to be biome/ocean related?

I swear it's been like this since Jeb took over.
Either way I second this. I've heard similar stories. Oceans are pretty boring - hopefully there will be some new world gen stuff with water or something similar.

Does NeoCraft have to use Bukkit? Can't go default? Or does Multiplay not allow any kind of freedom?

Multiplay aren't quite the Gestapo ;-) I believe we can have a vanilla version of Minecraft running without any mods at all. But then there would be no creeper protection (bye bye dome city) no warps, no sethome or home command .......... ok so no change there. Plus several other bits n bobs would be missing.

The problem is that vanilla minecraft is so god damn bare in terms of server features and tools that Bukkit is pretty "essential" and it is a damn scandal that after raking in £200 mill from this game we still don't have decent server features.

I'm really awaiting the next big update.. I heard it was going to be biome/ocean related?

Who wants to bet that will require a server reset. I mean how hard can it be for them to figure out away to integrate this shit into existing generated worlds, they have £200 mill to do it with.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Is there any good way to view all item IDs, including those from mods? The config file for one mod in particular (Mystcraft) seems to be missing a lot of them, and those that are in there I can't seem to use with "give"

Sarcasm

If you have NEI you can dump IDs (1.4.7/1.5.2 I can't find it in 1.6.2 since MC has a built in ID conflict reporter that dumps and give suggestions).

Nebula

that looks pretty cool.. but i imagine mojang will patch in the next update now that it's been brought to their attention.

Yeah, maybe if that video sees much popularity. I've seen a few glitches fly under the radar until a big Youtuber posts it.

Morokh

I swear it's been like this since Jeb took over.

Dinnerbone has always been quite active on Twitter to give hints at what is coming, Jeb seems to be more focused on PE edition since he joined too.

But since 1.6 hit, yeah, if not for some launcher things they have been really quiet for what now 2 weeks, it is a bit odd.

Who wants to bet that will require a server reset. I mean how hard can it be for them to figure out away to integrate this shit into existing generated worlds, they have £200 mill to do it with.

Chunks have some kind of version history data integrated when they are first loaded, so unless they change that, you'll still need to generate new chunks to have the new features.
Even if they change that, you'd still need to start fresh at least once more.

For server plugins, i would guess that with Realms incoming they must have something in the works .... but .. you never know ... xD

M4shy

Neo Member
Has anyone picked up on this?
  • This week I'm working on a very community oriented feature. I'm excited. - Dinnerbone
I'm guessing some form of friends list with game invite capabilities. At least that's what I want.

ShadiWulf

Made this zombie grinder in my world

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59YUgu_cE18

it's nice. I'm not getting the zombie output docm is getting in that video though. I think cause i built it in an unexplored area, gotta probably go through and light up all the caves so more zombies spawn on the surface, at least that is what i think?

-Minsc-

Made this zombie grinder in my world

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59YUgu_cE18

it's nice. I'm not getting the zombie output docm is getting in that video though. I think cause i built it in an unexplored area, gotta probably go through and light up all the caves so more zombies spawn on the surface, at least that is what i think?

I'd say that sounds about right. The fewer areas mobs can spawn elsewhere the more they'll spawn at the grinder.

There is a new game that is going to come out called '7Days to Die'.

Its like a mix of Minecraft with DayZ.

The devs gave some pre-alpha build for famous youtubers to play and comment.

2 videos came out today.

I created a thread for it: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=641035

Hoe you guys go check it out. I never seem to able to get peoples attention towards this game.

Thanks.

Wired

Well, damn it. As always when I start playing this game I get stuck and obsessed, some pics of my latest progress. Because why not.

Well, this is an older pic, but this is my house. Won't bore you with details because I'm pretty sure I've already posted pics in another thread. However, to the new stuff.
MC_House_wired.png

I've begun digging a new mine, since you can never have enough materials, but It's taking forever. It started as a hole in the ground but then I felt like fixing it up "just a little"... I fear I'll never escape this place.
MC_Mines1_wired.png

MC_Mines2_wired.png

MC_Mines3_wired.png

Well, damn it. As always when I start playing this game I get stuck and obsessed, some pics of my latest progress. Because why not.

Well, this is an older pic, but this is my house. Won't bore you with details because I'm pretty sure I've already posted pics in another thread. However, to the new stuff.
MC_House_wired.png

I've begun digging a new mine, since you can never have enough materials, but It's taking forever. It started as a hole in the ground but then I felt like fixing it up "just a little"... I fear I'll never escape this place.
MC_Mines1_wired.png

MC_Mines2_wired.png

MC_Mines3_wired.png
That mine is awesome. And what texture pack are you using?

Ark

I want to start playing this game again but I have no idea where to start. So much new stuff. :(

I'm actually in the same boat. Once the server updates to 1.6.2 I'll put up Multiverse with a new survival-oriented map and I'll start playing again for a while.

My castle on the server is a lost cause.

Wired

I want to start playing this game again but I have no idea where to start. So much new stuff. :(

Just jump right in, you'll pick up stuff fast.

Cool I'll look into that when I get home. I am still using default like a peasant.

Hah, well it's pretty hard finding anything that actually looks good imo. Which is why I settled on this pack, it's pretty much the original textures but at higher res and detail.

It's the damnedest thing, when I started playing Minecraft years ago I found a texture pack I really liked, but I've never been able to remember which it was :p

Oh I think we should. I guess we'll have to ask Charlie though :p

I have no probs with another "blow crap up day". I kinda like the idea of strapping a few 10,000 blocks of TNT to Domepolis and nuking it :-D . Probably best if we give people a bit of a warning this time about when it will happen. Last time it was all done as a spur of the moment thing.

I would love a second opportunity to blow up the harvester, this time with spectators. I underestimated my own abundance of redstone wiring hidden in the floors and walls last time.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
When the server updates to 1.6.2 I'd like to install Multiverse (or whatever the plugin is called) and start up a second map. Ideally for me this map would be survival only, I can't regulate that so it'd be up to you to maintain that pureness. Although I'm open to other ideas if there are any.

Well, what I've been thinking about is something like this: It would be great to have a "section" of Neocraft that would only be temporary, a part of the map that we could reset after every major patch so that it would get all of the new biome stuff. That way we could keep the "main" part of the server that everyone builds in and yet have an area that we could go exploring in and get the new stuff and such. The multiverse second map could be this pure survival area that resets everytime biome stuff changes.

Well we could always knock everyone back into survival mode on the existing world again :-D . I know what a terrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrible burden being in creative mode has been for everyone ;-)

You know that I'm more than fine with this, LOL!

Development has been quiet lately (from following Jeb, Dinnerbone's) twitter account.
It seems the Minecraft developers are on vacation every other month.

Yep, ocean biome changes are the big rumor for 1.7. The ocean stuff was originally supposed to be in 1.6, hence the great change to the Respiration enchant, but obviously it didn't make it in.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior

MC_House_wired.png

MC_Mines1_wired.png

MC_Mines2_wired.png

MC_Mines3_wired.png
Goddammit. You've outdone us all. Nice damn mine. Damn fine mine I must say. You even have a tree farm for making tools on the go? Dang! And the house at the top is awesome.

I like to use Nether Brick stairs for my roofs. I use a texture pack to turn them black so they look nicer. But still I love it. But bricks are neat too, though that must take a lot of clay.

If I had one suggestion though, I would have built it in a mountain biome. Emeralds are useful maybe possibly. At least they look pretty.

Wired

Goddammit. You've outdone us all. Nice damn mine. Damn fine mine I must say. You even have a tree farm for making tools on the go? Dang! And the house at the top is awesome.

I like to use Nether Brick stairs for my roofs. I use a texture pack to turn them black so they look nicer. But still I love it. But bricks are neat too, though that must take a lot of clay.

If I had one suggestion though, I would have built it in a mountain biome. Emeralds are useful maybe possibly. At least they look pretty.

Are you insane, those trees are purely decorational! Actually the mine leads directly into the underground warehouse in my house, so everything is really close at hand.

Yeah, it took quite a while to build the damn roof. Actually the whole house took forever. I usually build stuff out of stone but thought I try something new. Like how it turned out. I'm never moving out.

Never seen an emerald, a future quest perhaps. Maybe I'll have to travel to a new area.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Are you insane, those trees are purely decorational! Actually the mine leads directly into the underground warehouse in my house, so everything is really close at hand.

Yeah, it took quite a while to build the damn roof. Actually the whole house took forever. I usually build stuff out of stone but thought I try something new. Like how it turned out. I'm never moving out.

Never seen an emerald, a future quest perhaps. Maybe I'll have to travel to a new area.
Emeralds are only in Extreme Hills biomes. You never will see them where you are.

I have no probs with another "blow crap up day". I kinda like the idea of strapping a few 10,000 blocks of TNT to Domepolis and nuking it :-D . Probably best if we give people a bit of a warning this time about when it will happen. Last time it was all done as a spur of the moment thing.

PLEASE LET ME FILL MY CASTLE WITH TNT AND BLOW IT UP!

ZenVolta

With the new minecraft update iv been looking for some new mods. Something that turns minecraft in more of an adventure. Focusing more on combat. Maybe adding new ores, armor, weapons, things like that. Any ideas or suggestions?

ZenVolta

Eh, Thanks for the link but Im already using the MinecraftFourms mod list.

Seeing what mods are available isnt the problem. I just dont feel like having to mess around with mods trying to get them to play nice with each other. I was kinda hoping for maybe a mod pack or something. Now i know FTB does something like this but thats more based around redstone and things that automate tasks(such as mining and gathering resources)

Basically im looking for mods that meet my needs and dont require a ton of fiddling with to work with each other.

What are these "spheres" of which you speak

Check this out :-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZh1SfgGdOQ

go to 4:56 and you will see several spheres of TNT "strategically" placed in the Amusement park dome for maximum "GEEEEZUZ H EFFING CHRIST". It is pretty simple to do because Neocraft has a plugin called world edit that lets mods generate spheres and tubes of any material. So simply typing //sphere TNT 20 would give you a solid block of TNT 20 blocks in diameter and a really damn good show when you set it off ............ followed by a server crash if I know Neocraft.

Morokh

With the new minecraft update iv been looking for some new mods. Something that turns minecraft in more of an adventure. Focusing more on combat. Maybe adding new ores, armor, weapons, things like that. Any ideas or suggestions?

Take a look at Hexxit, it's really focused at making the game's survival aspect and combat way harder.

Check this out :-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZh1SfgGdOQ

go to 4:56 and you will see several spheres of TNT "strategically" placed in the Amusement park dome for maximum "GEEEEZUZ H EFFING CHRIST". It is pretty simple to do because Neocraft has a plugin called world edit that lets mods generate spheres and tubes of any material. So simply typing //sphere TNT 20 would give you a solid block of TNT 20 blocks in diameter and a really damn good show when you set it off ............ followed by a server crash if I know Neocraft.
There you go again. "Sphere". I've never heard of this concept. All I know is cubes...

I'm not being serious, although you've hopefully picked that up by now

There you go again. "Sphere". I've never heard of this concept. All I know is cubes...

I'm not being serious, although you've hopefully picked that up by now

Ahhhhhhh I get ya now ;) lest we forget I am the Dome City King if I can get a curve/circle/sphere into minecraft I will do it lol. I think it is probably my Irish heritage I play a game with blocks and spend most of the time building curved geometry.

WorldStar

Banned
had no idea this thread still exists, was still reading OT2

also, does anyone ever play on NeoCrack? I've logged on several times and have never seen anyone on.

also, does anyone ever play on NeoCrack? I've logged on several times and have never seen anyone on.

I can only speak for myself when I say mirk's week of 1.6 killed off what little motivation I had left to play. Now I just feel entirely burned out on MC.

That, and I'm playing entirely too much Warframe.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Jeb posted that he's been working on biomes and lighting bugs.

Here is a shot of an extreme hills biome without the lighting bugs and with added spruce trees to the landscape:

Here is a canyon biome that he is playing around with, lots of natural colored hard clay in it:

Oh, that canyon stuff looks sweet. Especially if the bulk of it is uncolored hardened clay. I'm getting tired of having to dive for clay.

one thing that sucks with digital distribution is auto patching. i have some levels saved that I last played about 2 years ago. these levels wont work with the most recent version of minecraft, and there is no way to download the old version. i will never see the levels again :-(

it also sucks when steam auto updates a game and all your mods break and you cant downgrade.

Vlad

one thing that sucks with digital distribution is auto patching. i have some levels saved that I last played about 2 years ago. these levels wont work with the most recent version of minecraft, and there is no way to download the old version. i will never see the levels again :-(

it also sucks when steam auto updates a game and all your mods break and you cant downgrade.

Have you tried loading the levels in the new version? I could have sworn that when they switched over to the new system for level storage that the game would convert levels to it the first time you load them.

Sarcasm

Hello!

I have server with a 1.5.2 modpack called Resonant Rise (G+ group http://tinyurl.com/m48d5wk) and has bukkit support. Here is the G+ group for mine called Pickleland ( http://tinyurl.com/mr4wqyo ).

If its okay not to post this I will remove but I figured that some people may want to try it out. Its a very interesting pack that can be pretty at time.

Try using http://craften.de/ to convert version to 1.5.X and than load it up in 1.6.2.

Top Bottom