• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Powerball jackpot climbs to $700,000,000 for Wednesday’s drawing

$700M? That's a lot of girl scout cookies.

If you're talking about weed, it's over 25 metric tons after taxes.
25,331 metric tons(we're rounding down) are 55,845,296 lbs, for everyone curious.

...you may be talking about the literal cookies, but I couldn't find numbers for that quick enough so I gave up.

EDIT: Google told me it's weed, maybe I shouldn't have googled "girl scout cookies price per gram"

gaiages

Banned
I'd honestly just prefer to not win the jackpot but like win the 3 or 4 ball prize or something

I don't need 400mil in my life, just enough to pay off debt :p

Guys, you're paying for the daydreams and fun conversation about what you would do with the money

No fun allowed here boys, close the thread up

I didn't earn lottery winnings though.
That's how it's handled over here. Winnings aren't earnings. Seems weird to treat them as such.
Guess it's a cultural difference.

It's just how our tax laws are written. No use mulling over it tbqh. There's a lot of weird shit in there.

Poppy

Guys, you're paying for the daydreams and fun conversation about what you would do with the money
true, thats my realistic outlook on things

its like 2 or 4 bucks to spend all day dreaming about your problems instantly disappearing overnight and then taking a bath in dom perignon in a solid gold bathtub

i mean not me, i would open an arcade

It's just how our tax laws are written. No use mulling over it tbqh. There's a lot of weird shit in there.

Oh, I know. To me, it's another in a long chain of US laws that I view as weird and backwards. But yeah, it is how it is, and growing up with it, I'm sure you just view it as normal. And at least it doesn't hurt anyone, it's just not the way I'd do it.
First time I heard it was on the Simpsons, when Homer wins the lottery. I thought it was a joke at first...

Audioboxer

ITS MY TIME

if i win i will hire someone to post for me

i'll get you on the shortlist for applications

If you win you should create an AI capable of posting on NeoGAF and see if it survives getting banned. Considering how AI tends to fair on social media (it always becomes aggressive, racist or shitposty), it would be interesting to see AI unleashed on here. Chances are there could be some bots amongst us already ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I'm always suspicious of anyone posting FF13 is a good game.

Eusis

Bought a ticket. When I win I'll get everyone in this thread a $30 olive garden gift card so they can buy themselves a nice italian meal.

Think its crazy people buy more than 1 ticket. You aren't going to win but at least 1 ticket gives you a theoretical chance. I only buy a ticket when the jackpot is over 500 million. Go big or go home
Yeah, a single ticket moves it from "literally impossible" to "nearly impossible." But dumping a ton on is either an irresponsible use of limited funds, or just blowing a ton that could've been used better.

muu

I'd donate 90% to the National MS society so there's an actual shot at finding a cure (wife has it). Other 10% to the city so they actually get the damn bike lane to neighboring town where I work in place. Keeping any of that money for yourself gonna be recipe for disaster.

adj_noun

If I win, I shall create a compound deep in the mountains. There, in my hidden fortress, I shall use bizarre compounds and unnatural processes to breed a race of abominations, roiling with scale and tooth and claw.

Then I shall send out my legions, silent as the stillness of night. They shall snatch everyone who posts in this thread, one and all, and drag them deep into the arena I shall dub the Hellpit.

There, those hapless souls shall be given the choice of broadsword, net and trident, or brace of daggers. They must choose quickly, however, for soon enough my monstrous guards, ichor oozing from the yawning holes serving as their eyes, shall thrust them into single combat with my beautiful creations.

There they shall exist in perpetual single combat, battling an unending tide of horrors for the sole purpose of slaking my infernal lust for wonders new and enchanting.

Or maybe I'll just get a gaming PC. 50/50.

If I win, I promise to still grace you all with my presence on this forum. Post pictures of my log cabin out in the middle of nowhere.

I can unequivocally say that I would do a lot of good if I was lucky enough to win.

I'd start 501c3's to fund scholarships and help people pay off student debt. I'd fund energy and bioengineering research. I'd go back to school to get a PhD. I'd fund organizations that advocate for getting money out of politics. I'd help my best friend currently working for doctors without borders set up his own low cost health clinic business.

And for myself I'd build a platinum LEED certified home surrounded by fruit and nut orchards which I'd use to indulge my beer brewing hobby.

Draper

im using the money to give neogaf a moe makeover and implement a new anime centric forum alongside gaming and OT

You got me wrong, brudda. Whilst I'm not into anime, I'd find something annoying and/or unsettling.

Hold on, I'm not helping my case.

That's it! No avatars at all now!

But I will be commissioning the higher talent on Gaf to make a competent native Neogaf app for Android and iPhone.

If I win, I'm going to buy a lot of land in highly desirable areas, move overseas, and build a nice house somewhere in Denmark or New Zealand. I'll come back to the US once Trump is gone, and for my vacation homes in Hawaii and the Rocky Mountains.

Condom

Can you actually legitimately enter the lottery from outside the US? Like if I win I'll probably have to fly there but that's not too bad as long as they accept my bank account.

I always find it funny that people feel more inclined to play when the lottery reaches its record numbers, yet I would think the expected winnnings in the end is actually smaller due to the increased odds of multiple winners. I don't have any of the numbers on me so I can't crunch the stats, but I'd be curious if anyone's ever checked before.

Eusis

If I win, I will find/buy a bed that Trump slept in and piss on it with a few hookers.
Pay to change everything of his to silver. I half expect it'd drive him insane, because silver is for second place and it's not as if he has a real eye for aesthetics anyway.

xRaizen

For real if I win the first thing I'm doing is getting high class hookers and drink wine off their bodies (at least 4 girls) at the penthouse room in one of Orlando's nicest hotels. Then I'll give everyone in my immediate family $1M (Mom and dad get $5M each). Then I'll probably find a decent place to live off the monthly payments.

I'll probably spend a few grand on Hearthstone cause why not.

Top Bottom