• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

I hope these Legendary missions are included in the PTS as I'm super anxious to see how nasty these supposed more tactical enemies are and, well, get to work on on a Reclaimer build to try and solo them. Just have to have enough Electronics/Skill Power to keep the Support Station constantly up while still being able to have enough damage output as you can revive yourself, don't have to worry about status effects, and won't run out of ammo.

Speaking of the Reclaimer Gear Set, it has gone though quite the change(s) from it's initial debut and I can't help but think having all Support Station mods active at once is going to force another change in the future.

Edit: Anybody know why Massive continues to refer to the D3-FNC set as "Frontline" when it has never been labeled as such in-game? I'm bothered.

EL CUCO

I think I heard Legendary difficulty has a weekly reward of an Exotic cache, or am I going crazy?

Found it (apparently everyone else did too 😂)
Exotic Caches, that will guarantee an Exotic item, will be available as a weekly reward from Legendary difficulty missions.
This is probably why I saw streamers making new toons yesterday.

I think I heard Legendary difficulty has a weekly reward of an Exotic cache, or am I going crazy?

Yep...

"Exotic Caches, that will guarantee an Exotic item, will be available as a weekly reward from Legendary difficulty missions."

...I probably still will never get a Ferro's mask but with a Reclaimer build you won't need it anyways especially if already using a Barret's chest and Specialized backpack a player wouldn't have room for it.

GazzaGSi

Edit: mythicreclaimer already answered.

Still wish I could find this cheap for pc to try the PTS. Should've bought it in the Christmas sales when it was cheap.

EL CUCO

I still don't have a Barrett chest. I've had the absolute worst luck with named gear in this game. I think I've only ever had 2 Midas drop and a Hungry Hog at some point.. I did get a Tommy gun a couple days ago that lifted my spirits a bit.

GazzaGSi

Thanks, thats coming up at £27.79 which is a great price for the gold edition.
Cdkeys.com have the base game for £16.89 so an extra £11 for the pass on GMG is decent value.
Can't decide if I just want the base game or season pass too.

One thing to keep in mind, I'm not 100% positive but I don't think you can participate in the PTS without the Season Pass.

Nowise10

Bought the Surival DLC a couple days ago. Been playing by myself since I have no friends who play the Division anymore. Probably my 20th game so far, and I finally for the first time, got to the extraction site with the Anti viral and some good loot. I didn't expect it to take 3 minutes, and to have them send golden enemies that disrupt and shock you immediately once you call for the evac. I died about 30 seconds later.
What a fucking waste of 40+ minutes. Golden enemies destroy you instantly. And I'm supposed to fight waves of them for 3 minutes? Ok.

GazzaGSi

Bought the Surival DLC a couple days ago. Been playing by myself since I have no friends who play the Division anymore. Probably my 20th game so far, and I finally for the first time, got to the extraction site with the Anti viral and some good loot. I didn't expect it to take 3 minutes, and to have them send golden enemies that disrupt and shock you immediately once you call for the evac. I died about 30 seconds later.
What a fucking waste of 40+ minutes. Golden enemies destroy you instantly. And I'm supposed to fight waves of them for 3 minutes? Ok.

Were you near a landmark which aggro'd any NPC's in the area? When you call an extraction you get one enemy (your Hunter) which has no armour but can heal themself and deploy seeker mines and turrets. I always craft the high end M44 and more often than not 2 headshots kills them with relatively OK gear, my last round I had 4 high end and 2 blue gear pieces with a fully modded M44 and was in the session for almost 2 hours.

GazzaGSi

My last session lasted 1:40 hahah :D

Managed to kill 3 players and extract with almost all 163 gear. Felt damn good.

Nice.

And another nail for Alpha:
https://clips.twitch.tv/thedivisiongame/GloriousGazelleSoBayed
"famas is becoming an Exotic weapon so won't work with alphabridge"

Edit:
Even though alpha is reduced to 4 talents rather than 6, another alteration is you now do not need to meet the firearms/stamina/electronics requirements to unlock the talent.
LikeButter gives the example here at 9minutes:
https://youtu.be/2vBLIXXY7zw?t=9m2s
of having a high electronics talent in the 1st and 2nd slot but with alpha 4 piece you do not need to have a high electronics build for them to be unlocked.

I didn't realise that so posting incase if anyone else may have missed that bit.

Underground is pretty bad and no one plays it anymore. Last stand should be good if you're interested in pvp. I'm not sure if the new incursion will be free with 1.6 patch or be a part of the next dlc..

EL CUCO

Just had an amazing extraction. What a rush.

Killed my Hunter, then got caught completely off guard by another player. Managed to kill him and his Hunter. My palms were sweating!

6 Survival Caches for the hard work. On a run where I saw the grim reaper walking my way quite a few times on lol

https://youtu.be/gkd36o3MfoE

Are those both good pieces of content?

If you like the PvE that The Division offers then I would recommend Underground Ops as well as you'll probably grow tired of what content there is available. The Underground is highly customizable from a difficulty standpoint and playable both solo and in co-op up to four players. It has a progression/rank system that offers reward caches with each rank-up and lots of loot when running the Ops from random mobs, chests, killing Named Bosses, and end of match rewards. You can actually use your main gear and the rewards as it's not a disjointed game mode like Survival.

GazzaGSi

Killed my Hunter, then got caught completely off guard by another player. Managed to kill him and his Hunter. My palms were sweating!

6 Survival Caches for the hard work. On a run where I saw the grim reaper walking my way quite a few times on lol

Awesome! Is that the safest place at that extraction point from your hunter? I've not used that one yet.

I despise those areas in the game where you can take cover but cannot see or get an angle on an enemy either beneath you or within like 10 meters. It almost got you killed.

LProtag

I'm giving the game another try on PC this time, played on PS4 before. Had fun, but hit the end and didn't have as much time to really invest in the game. Maybe leveling up all over again will be fun too.

Must of missed the bit where gear mods are losing armor too, also being replaced by health.
Pretty sure I saw/read that the only way to add additional armor besides the native amount on gear is through talents on gear (Barret's chest, Sturdy holster, etc).

Massive has to take into account that if we had a high +Armor rolled piece of gear or mod that when they convert it to +Health they'll have to make it based on a % of what the +Armor min/max used to be and what the +Health min/max is now, right? They certainly wouldn't give you a random roll of +Health on each piece of gear/mod and call it a day, right?

At some point they need to lock this stuff down a bit more and design around it instead of having the players confused with every other update about what the actual numbers mean and the thresholds you need to get to regarding armor/health/toughness.

EL CUCO

Awesome! Is that the safest place at that extraction point from your hunter? I've not used that one yet.
I despise those areas in the game where you can take cover but cannot see or get an angle on an enemy either beneath you or within like 10 meters. It almost got you killed.
Yeah its an awkward angle for sure, but that's been the only spot I've been able to extract from lol. If he downs you up there, you have time to pick yourself up. Anywhere else and he'll put the hatchet on you

GazzaGSi

Pretty sure I saw/read that the only way to add additional armor besides the native amount on gear is through talents on gear (Barret's chest, Sturdy holster, etc).

Gotcha, thanks.

I'm not Cuco but yeah, I think it is. I use the exact same strategy lol

Yeah its an awkward angle for sure, but that's been the only spot I've been able to extract from lol. If he downs you up there, you have time to pick yourself up. Anywhere else and he'll put the hatchet on you

I might try that location.

I've always extracted at DZ05 and successfully but guess I've just been lucky as I watched someone elses video and the hunter spawned behind where I normally wait.

This was from my first successful extraction run so saved the footage. Just ran a quick edit in ShareFactory, love the first slow mo headshot where the hunter just crumbles. After reading how hard people were initially finding the hunters when Survival released I was getting well hyped in this playthrough :p

https://youtu.be/MrR1Tqmq4SE

The Omega Rifle Suppressor (18.5% Headshot Damage, 3% CHC, and 4% CHD) at the Advanced Weaponry Vendor (175K Credits) is about as good as it gets. I'd buy up as many as you need plus a few extra just for convenience sakes.

Welp, I think I'm going to change my stance on the upcoming expansion and experience it fresh instead of taking the PTS for a test spin for a couple reasons.

Firstly, I've been waiting for Far Cry Primal to go on sale for PC which it has at GMG for $17 so I could get lost in it's Survivor Mode that encompasses the entire game which coincidentally released on April 12th of last year which also was the date for the 1.1 Update for The Division (which basically killed the game for the time being) and the Destiny Spring Update. I've played Primal previously on Xbox One until The Division released in March.

Secondly, I hope to survive my PSVR experience with Resident Evil 7 which there are no guarantees of that happening and if any of you experienced the full demo in VR, well, you know.

Therefore, my gaming time is going to be spent elsewhere and away from loot-driven (I won't miss you Joe Ferro but I'll be back) experiences for a bit which is probably a good thing.

J_Viper

I'm giving the game another try on PC this time, played on PS4 before. Had fun, but hit the end and didn't have as much time to really invest in the game. Maybe leveling up all over again will be fun too.

As someone who is also replaying the game on PC, after previously hitting the level cap on PS4 during launch week, I can tell you that leveling up all over again is not at all fun.

The ramp up from Level 1 to 30 seems unchanged, the community for running through the standard missions is dead (I've only played two missions where other players have joined), and I was instantly reminded at how boring these side-missions are.

I think I'm a level or two away from meeting the minimum level for the final main mission, but I just don't have it in me to grind these side-missions again. I did really want to check out the Endgame content too.

Okay so I'm level 20 with no season pass or anything. Going through the main story now. What's the best way to level to the highest gear level (light level in Destiny terms)?

J_Viper

Hmmm

$16 for the Season Pass on GMG doesn't seem like too bad a deal

I hear only good things about Survival

I'm not immediately interested in PvP, but perhaps it can be an enjoyable when removed from the DZ wrapping in the Last Stand DLC

Underground is dead on PC, right?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Hmmm

$16 for the Season Pass on GMG doesn't seem like too bad a deal

I hear only good things about Survival

I'm not immediately interested in PvP, but perhaps it can be an enjoyable when removed from the DZ wrapping in the Last Stand DLC

Underground is dead on PC, right?

Just get the Season Pass. Survival alone is worth the $15, IMO.

But Underground you can find people if you invite spam folks, but you can solo up to like level 10 by yourself. It becomes a bit of a grind after that you want to pair up with someone for Hard and above to level up.

Picked up this up yesterday off steam.

Slowly learning the game mechanics, but I a some questions

Can you crouch, like to sneak around an enemy and do a takedown silently?

From my time playing looks like you can't. If that's so, there's no way to be stealthy in this game, so it's all guns blazing?

Very little recoil on weapons. You can just hold down the button and unleash a whole clip on the enemy.
Having said that, the game isn't too bad.

Nowise10

Finally after days of trying I extracted from Survival solo, and with good loot. Knowing that it is actually possible will definitely keep me playing. First time I extracted, and died 30 seconds later I thought no way in hell would it be possible.

Ending dude is still a little overkill though. He seriously kills you right as he spawns in, and heals himself 50x before he finally stops.

Interesting tweet from a Dev regarding legendary -

4h Fredrik Thylander‏ @Thylander@STREET21_ @MarcoStyleNL legendary has mostly red bar enemies. It's their mechanics, tactics and AI that's challenging

Picked up this up yesterday off steam.

Slowly learning the game mechanics, but I a some questions

Can you crouch, like to sneak around an enemy and do a takedown silently? No, you can't.

From my time playing looks like you can't. If that's so, there's no way to be stealthy in this game, so it's all guns blazing? Well it's not a shooter.. it's an RPG-shooter. It's not so simple. There's strategy, there's skills, etc.

Very little recoil on weapons. You can just hold down the button and unleash a whole clip on the enemy. Not at all, try doing that with an LVOA-C. That depends completely on the weapon you're using.
Having said that, the game isn't too bad.

Answered.

Finally after days of trying I extracted from Survival solo, and with good loot. Knowing that it is actually possible will definitely keep me playing. First time I extracted, and died 30 seconds later I thought no way in hell would it be possible.

Ending dude is still a little overkill though. He seriously kills you right as he spawns in, and heals himself 50x before he finally stops.
Hm. I dunno, I manage to finish around 80% of my runs. Once in the DZ you should craft an M44 and a G36 for better chances of dealing with your Hunter. 2 or 3 headshots with the golden M44 and he's gone.

Lanrutcon

Interesting tweet from a Dev regarding legendary -

4h Fredrik Thylander‏ @Thylander@STREET21_ @MarcoStyleNL legendary has mostly red bar enemies. It's their mechanics, tactics and AI that's challenging

I'll be believe it when I see it.

it's just way tempting (and easy!) to make all the enemies bullet sponges, give them super damage or both. I'll be bloody amazed if they managed to avoid those two pitfalls and actually create decent AIs.

Also: "mechanics" better not equal "infinite respawns until you put thingy X in slot Yl". That's also lazy as fuck.

Once the PTS is over they will probably announce changes to other sets and talents as well. Got to wait for the actual patch notes since everything about 1.6 is subject to change ;)

While there might be some changes to other sets I doubt they would be considered major.

I am, however, surprised they are (as of now) keeping the Reclaimer's set Health Station duration and range bonuses given the new 4-piece set bonus. You could stack 4 +7.50% Health Station duration performance mods as well giving it on the surface (without experiencing yet) seemingly future nerf city potential.

While there might be some changes to other sets I doubt they would be considered major.

I am, however, surprised they are (as of now) keeping the Reclaimer's set Health Station duration and range bonuses given the new 4-piece set bonus. You could stack 4 +7.50% Health Station duration performance mods as well giving it on the surface (without experiencing yet) seemingly future nerf city potential.

Reclaimer changes are good since now it will be the proper healer build. Good idea to get rid of the infinite consumables and focus only on healing.

Changes to the D3-FNC set still make no sense, removing the tank from the tank build....massive pls.

Reclaimer changes are good since now it will be the proper healer build. Good idea to get rid of the infinite consumables and focus only on healing.

Changes to the D3-FNC set still make no sense, removing the tank from the tank build....massive pls.

I'm fine with the changes to the Reclaimer set as I think it will be great for both solo (with the right setup to get enough damage output) and group play but I think it is probably destined to be changed yet again.

Am I hearing right that AlphaBridge has removed the requirements for unlocking Talents besides the already two free ones thus giving it four free ones no matter your Firearms, Stamina, and Electronics totals? So in essence they reduced the number of Talents by two but made the remaining four all free. If so that opens up new possibilities to say the least.

Top Bottom