• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread XX

ApharmdX

Banned
Do you think we as Black people should boycott the NFL? I love the sport but this Kaepernick thing has left me uneasy.

I am. I'm done with the NFL for good, though I can't speak for others. Kaep gets openly blackballed despite being a better QB than the vast majority of backups in the league, and some starters. All because he peacefully protested on a righteous cause.

It's not even just the NFL, but it's the fans too. I'm embarrassed to have been an NFL fan for so long, because the fans are shit. Don't give a shit about all the stuff I quoted below, but a black man kneels and talks about the racial injustice in the criminal justice system in the US, and they loose their minds.

NBA is a superior product and a superior league, with better fans.

Kaep stuff is fine if that's the thing that does it for you, but it's far from the only reason black folk should be looking to boycott the NFL.

- Kaep reaction among teams and ownership groups
- Exploitation of public finances
- Decades of non-profit status
- Mistreatment of the general workforce (concussions, injury treatment, etc)
- Miseducation, concealment, and suppression of research and reports related to brain injuries
- Rampant, team-sanctioned drug abuse
- Exceedingly questionable policies and responses to domestic abuse situations and cases

I dare you all to check out how much funding your local public school system loses out on to help cities pay for the stadiums used for little more than 8-12 games a year and the occasional concert. That's money being redirected away from black and brown children, directly contributing to the increasing competitive gap of white children. Money going generally towards the entertainment of higher income white people.

Kaep is a reasonable place to start being concerned, but it most certainly shouldn't be your last stop if you're considering hitting the pause button on the NFL.

Good post.

TheSun

ya'll nikkas dream? i dream maybe once a decade on average

I used to only dream nightmares, now I'm living in one.

Haha, but seriously I still dream some weird/scary things. I even remember the ones from childhood.

In fact the first nightmare I had was me laying on a field and a cow just ups and stomps on me. Woke up with a stomach ache. Freaked little me out.

D i Z

Evening Shy.

----

These white boys out here really think that equality means that they can complain about getting the noose and being persecuted for being racist fuckheads. I'm waiting for that first major media drop of them playing that card and making bank. That day the world will turn a decidedly shade darker and shit gets redefined for everyone.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
https://www.cafe.com/heres-what-hap...kaepernick-first-overall-in-fantasy-football/

I like to think that I was born to ruin fantasy football mock drafts. For several years now I’ve been searching in vain for the perfect player to pick first overall to piss off football nerds. Aaron Hernandez came the closest, but for some reason he’s not in the available pool this season. The type of player that I’ve been striving to find has to have stoked some kind of off-field controversy. He doesn’t necessarily have to be a terrible player, but he definitely has to be low enough on the depth charts to provoke ire when he gets picked way too early. Ideally, the player in question will either be retired or an unsigned free agent.

Enter Colin Kaepernick.

Picture the average dude who would get really pissed off if you ruined his mock fantasy football draft. Is that guy going to be a fan of Colin Kaepernick, or a fan of the police? If you said “the type of guy who would get mad about a mock draft probably owns multiple Blue Lives Matter t-shirts,” congratulations! You nailed it.

Please enjoy the results of my hard labor.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
I get that right? Not every shounen thing has to be a work of art, I like DBZ and that's shit glorified anime space wrestling. Hell I like kinnikuman and that's actually anime space wrestling. You wanna make something that's a power latter with cool designs, sure fuck it go ahead.

But this line, this line the sequence of events that lead to rukia saying that in this context. Means that the writer wasn't even paying attention to the story he was writing. Along with line contributing to the horrible " just get over the bad thing" psychological that infests a lot of japanese fiction.

There are few times, where I read a single chapter, and my interest in a thing despite investing literal years of my life into its continuity just starts dissipating

Kubo wrote a weekly manga were he made shit up as he went along and had some fun with it. It was deeply flawed but was aimed at young teens. I mean that was a level of care in the story very little but it existed. Fairy tail as a comparison with another awful shone had no care whatsoever. You'd have 1+1=50 multiple times a chapter with no reference or irony in it at all. You had to actively try to write something that awful

Slayven

If Shy was a weapon, he would be Persuader's Atomic Axe

ADV_352%2BPersuader%2B%2528800x793%2529.jpg

D i Z

Jeff Lord got fired

I am not petty, but I am going to laugh anyway

Good.

------

Also, how about we take it easy on the who's country gets nuked jokes. It's real easy to take shit like that personally, and nobody is as funny as they think they are to pull that off.

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
Kaep stuff is fine if that's the thing that does it for you, but it's far from the only reason black folk should be looking to boycott the NFL.

- Kaep reaction among teams and ownership groups
- Exploitation of public finances
- Decades of non-profit status
- Mistreatment of the general workforce (concussions, injury treatment, etc)
- Miseducation, concealment, and suppression of research and reports related to brain injuries
- Rampant, team-sanctioned drug abuse
- Exceedingly questionable policies and responses to domestic abuse situations and cases

I dare you all to check out how much funding your local public school system loses out on to help cities pay for the stadiums used for little more than 8-12 games a year and the occasional concert. That's money being redirected away from black and brown children, directly contributing to the increasing competitive gap of white children. Money going generally towards the entertainment of higher income white people.

Kaep is a reasonable place to start being concerned, but it most certainly shouldn't be your last stop if you're considering hitting the pause button on the NFL.

This post is fucking fire.

Top Bottom