• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT13| Diamond is Unreachable

I think they even addressed that with evil anivia that some skins don't really make sense and are allowed to just be what if
Yeah, it was a good move. People were asking for Blood Moon Kennen for fucking years and every time Riot would go "but the Blood Moon ritual only has two masks!", then they just said fuck it and made like 10 skins because japanese monster-themed skins are cool.

Themed skins are fine tbh, some of the coolest skins for overwatch and hots have a theme going on that dont necessarily match the character

Except when theyre made to pander with half nakedness.

Type2

Some jerks cried about blind pick and I had to play ap mid rakan yesterday. Maxed w for wave clear and I started coin thinking I was bot but I destroyed veigar and Lee sin.
Probably still garbage but I would do it again for fun.
Also shouldved skipped taking e and rushed a different item.

FoxSpirit

Watching NA LCS Spring Split finals and
oh man, that game 2. I haven't seen such a hard stomp since I had my unranked level up matches vs smurfs. TSM is just killing it.

Tizoc

tbf it was a pretty disgusting ability
DmdPBvF.gif
Dang

JulianImp

I've begun playing ARAM with my cousin for fun earlier this week, and we did particularily well tonight. I got Fid against a Hec/Ali/Malph/Ww/Azir comp, so I basically spammed e while keeping q up to deny most of their initiation attempts.Too bad I didn't get a chest to drop that game, and the two previous ones we won I was on champions I had already claimed chests on.

tbf it was a pretty disgusting ability (insert smeb deleting 4 people by pressing r on ap kennen gif here)

It looks like his ult is doing all the damage here, but it's also Protobet + E + W + thunderlords. Also Pray's Ezreal blew his load, and that looks like a Q from mid Malzahar hitting a few people.

Maybe it deserved a nerf but it seems like AP Kennen is dead now, which is sad.

Why is tank teemo so fun!

The greatest feeling the world going up to a Yasuo and just auto attacking him to death. I've been running teemo with the Frozen Mallet as first item and it's great. Start with Corrupting Potion and build hp from there.

Tank Teemo should be in the meta, I don't know why it isn't.

Tizoc

The greatest feeling the world going up to a Yasuo and just auto attacking him to death. I've been running teemo with the Frozen Mallet as first item and it's great. Start with Corrupting Potion and build hp from there.

Someone post the cromartie high school tank teemo image from a few ops back

Ensirius

Does anyone have a good guide on the best path for jungle clearing ? And I mean a very begginner guide where they literally show me a path on the map. I have been reading some tutorials where they talk about raptors and blue and red and I have no idea what they are talking about.

WW is so much fun in the jungle.

Does anyone have a good guide on the best path for jungle clearing ? And I mean a very begginner guide where they literally show me a path on the map. I have been reading some tutorials where they talk about raptors and blue and red and I have no idea what they are talking about.

Jungle pathing might depend on the champion you're playing, but here is a labeled map of the camps.

If you come across a guide that has a clear path for a certain champ, just keep this picture in mind.

The reason why pathing might vary is because junglers might want to accomplish certain things. Like, Lee Sin could go Red---Blue--Gromp and then go for a level 3 invade into the enemy jungle since he has one of the healthiest jungle clears, or he could hit level 2 off of one camp and go for a surprise gank, or just do a full clear and go from there.

Peanut Butter is right that your jungle clear can vary greatly based on the champ you're playing. For example, certain junglers like fiddlesticks (who hasn't been meta in an eternity as a jungler, but works for this example) probably don't want to start anything other than blue buff. A lot of junglers would like to start on the raptors at level 1 if they can because of the way the jungle item works it allows you to get a quicker level 4 than starting on other camps. If you've got time to watch streams, Valkrin streams in the afternoon, plays jungle fairly often and tends to explain what he's doing pretty well. I don't know if Valkrin is still streaming because I haven't seen him in a while. Also the videos from UNSWLoLSoc are good for learning game basics in general. The nice thing about these videos is many things they cover are true regardless of what season we're in.

lmao

JulianImp

Not full tank, but like I said a few pages back, iPav's a challenger-caliber Teemo who always builds mallet as his first or second item. He used to take visage most of the time, but his latest build is now mallet, bork, guinsoo, runnan's, quicksilver scimitar and boots (tabis or marcs when he needs the tankiness, berserkers otherwise).

Anyway, I'll leave the link to his latest build, runes and masteries guide here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=993s2yG0AF8

AD kennen fills a very similar role while having much better CC in general.

What are the odds that Riot will do something interesting with the new client and Worlds this year? Exactly what I don't know.

Just a random thought while reading the MSI stuff site.

zkylon

zkylewd
msi stuff

i kind of want to buy the karma skin to give money to faker and cos it looks really badass

also prizepool:

The MSI prize pool is made up of a base of $250,000, coupled with 25% of the total sale of Conqueror Karma and ward skins, which is guaranteed to be at least $750,000, for a total prize pool of at least $1 million.
Here's how it's broken down by team placement at MSI 2017:
CHAMPION: 40%
2ND PLACE: 20%
3RD/4TH PLACE: 10% EACH
5TH/6TH PLACE: 5% EACH
7TH PLACE: 2.5%
8TH/9TH PLACE: 1.5% EACH
10TH/11TH PLACE: 1.25% EACH
12TH/13TH PLACE: 1% EACH

also interesting is this:

Yes, you can contribute points to whichever region whose icon you're wearing, but only your home region's icon will be free in the store. If you support the winning region, regardless of whether or not you're on that server, you will receive the rewards!
i wonder what the rewards are, maybe it's worth it to buy korea icon lol

I think I need to take a shower. What an absolute mess of a game to end my series for Gold IV. Just complete chaos from start to finish, right down to me assuming my matchup was Garen, spec'ing super aggro, and finding out I was laning into Panth and getting my flash blown on the second wave. Then my jungler ran into lane and handed over first blood and doubles while I was preparing to TP back in. At one point the kill score was 4-12, then later they had baron and pressure across the map. Their sieging was horrendous with Pantheon, Garen and Fizz, but Janna defended any attempt to chase them down well. I guess a win's a win.

drawkcaB

Recent Sejuani changes on the PBE have pushed her over the edge. Reduction of damage when proc'ing the stun and large monster cap damage are good, but the minion and small monster knockback are unnecessary, as is minions not destroying the passive from level 1. Not really sure the damage change on W was necessary either - it's a buff in all use cases. The higher starting CD isn't really felt.

After spending more time with the kit, I have the following prediction: Sejuani will see competitive play.

As a top laner.

One thing that's important to note is that when someone says "X players jungle pathing is so damn good" or something along those lines, they don't just mean the initial clear. They're talking about how the player prioritizes camps, ganks, etc. at all times.

Here's some good youtubers to follow for learning jungle pathing:

Danyon Togia
Doesn't upload a ton of videos, but very informational. Goes through all his thinking, what he's planning, etc. You can learn a lot about pathing from him. Downside is that he plays a narrow set of champions, particularly damage oriented early game junglers. Focus on his jungling videos. Stuff regarding ADC, mid, etc. aren't as good. It's not his main role.

Foxdrop and sister channel Foxdrop plays.
Uploads daily, very solid player, and plays a wide variety of champions. Some he's very good with (Gragas, Lee Sin) and others he plays just to demonstrate what the champions is capable of. Generally gives good information about why he's doing what he's doing, but can go off on tangents, particularly when not playing comfort picks. The vibe is light hearted and easy to watch.

Last Shadow
He's got a grating personality sometimes but if you can make it through that he offers lots of information in his coaching videos. He's gotten better as time goes on, particularly when coaching lower ranked players.His pro player video reviews are also insightful. The unfortunate part is that he doesn't do as many coaching or player analysis videos as he used to because of his work in LCK. He has a recent Amumu jungler coaching video that's quite good.

As far as initial pathing goes, like others have said it depends on the champion and the circumstances in the game. Just focus on a small pool of champions and check out some high-elo/pro replays of those champions. Try to understand why the took the initial path they did.

Top Bottom