• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport Beta Thread

Putty

That shot of Interlagos appeared as well so can maybe add that to real world locations.

Ah you already had Interlagos!

Been having a bit of a battle in Dragon Trail with some mates, it's getting pretty close!
C-Gdb03XoAAMG9z

I'll give the Corvette a whirl 8)

Mush

Real World

Race Tracks
  • Brands Hatch
  • Nürburgring
  • Willow Springs
  • Interlagos

Fictional

Race Tracks
  • Dragon Trail
  • Tokyo Expressway (CITY)
Dirt
  • Fisherman's Ranch
  • Sardegna
Oval
  • Northern Isle Speedway
  • Blue Moon Bay

-------------
That's 10 out of 19 locations.

I don't think a GT game could get away without having Suzuka or Laguna Seca, make that 12 then.

We know about the Pikes Peak deal, so there will be Hillclimbing, you probably need at least 2 tracks for that and people love driving production cars on real roads, so I'd guess there will be one more Hillclimb real roads serpentines track.

That's 13 1/2 out of 19.

The real race track selection is very thin, so there will be at least 2 more, maybe even 4.
My money would be on Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya (spanish fans) and Monaco(good graphics showcase and Senna history).

Not much guessing room left, probably one more classic GT original track.
Suzuka is a lock. No way are they leaving it out after updating it and getting it certified by the FIA. Same goes for the other certified tracks (Bathurst and Silverstone). If we're lucky they might have done another pass on Spa so it's up to FIA standards.

Laguna Seca hasn't been updated since GT4 (?) so unless they've rescanned it since GT6 I doubt we'll see it (at least at launch).

As for the rest, since we already have the updated Midfield and Apricot Hill, I'm hoping they'll return. If I had to pick one track out of the OG group of HSR, Trial Mountain, Deep Forest and Grand Valley, I'd give up at least half a testicle for a fully renovated and remastered Grand Valley Speedway.

New tracks coming to GT6 PS4:

Imola
Interlagos - confirmed by leaked screenshot / listed in PS3 version along with the kart track, Kaz confirms to Senna TV that karting will feature.

Estoril
Hockenheim - confirmed by Red Bull
Magny-Cours
Jerez
Shanghai - Polyphony visited years ago / laser scanned
Zolder

The Isle of Man reports were fake, it was Big Ben who were laser scanning the circuit for their TT game (exclusive)

NHale

Bathurst and Silverstone seem pretty much guaranteed, their digital recreations were already FIA certified (along with Suzuka), and graphically they were some of the more modern looking tracks in GT6. Spa should be in there too.

The 19 number is outdated though, so maybe there will be more now with the delay. We know they added Porsche since the delay so the number of cars will be higher than originally announced.

If they really want to emulate iRacing they need LeMans to create a FIA certified 24 hours of LeMans where you race with mates using the same squad.

Bathurst and Silverstone seem pretty much guaranteed, their digital recreations were already FIA certified (along with Suzuka), and graphically they were some of the more modern looking tracks in GT6. Spa should be in there too.

The 19 number is outdated though, so maybe there will be more now with the delay. We know they added Porsche since the delay so the number of cars will be higher than originally announced.

We had a popularity vote on ForzaGAF some years ago, 70% more casual players in there, but Bathurst was REALLY low in popularity. I think only Aussies and the more hardcore sim racers really like that track. Silverstone has been in just too many games, can't really see that track anymore, but might be refreshing to see some more technical corner combinations in GT online. Spa is in just about every game as well, can't help but really like that track though.

Edit: Then, according to Wax, Hockenheim(boring, bring us old Hockenheim) and Shanghai(which makes sense, considering that Sony wants to get in the Chinese market).
So we basically know almost everything. :/ :\ :/

You really think the number of track locations will grow significantly? I'd say 2 more tracks at the most... maybe we'll get track DLC earlier the life cycle.

Been having a bit of a battle in Dragon Trail with some mates, it's getting pretty close!
C-Gdb03XoAAMG9z

Phew... good that my GAF name is not the same as my PSN name or everybody would know how slow I am. xP
It's totally in my GAF-profile, isn't it?

JamboGT

Ah just saw the image, sorry. Yeah I want a Lancer, in the races it is scary quick, I am pretty consistent so can do ok still.

JamboGT

We had a popularity vote on ForzaGAF some years ago, 70% more casual players in there, but Bathurst was REALLY low in popularity. I think only Aussies and the more hardcore sim racers really like that track. Silverstone has been in just too many games, can't really see that track anymore, but might be refreshing to see some more technical corner combinations in GT online. Spa is in just about every game as well, can't help but really like that track though.

Edit: Then, according to Wax, Hockenheim(boring, bring us old Hockenheim) and Shanghai(which makes sense, considering that Sony wants to get in the Chinese market).
So we basically know almost everything. :/ : :/

You really think the number of track locations will grow significantly? I'd say 2 more tracks at the most... maybe we'll get track DLC earlier the life cycle.

Phew... good that my GAF name is not the same as my PSN name or everybody would know how slow I am. xP
It's totally in my GAF-profile, isn't it?

Maybe you can avenge yourself and assemble a new time!

ty_hot

wow, Interlagos in the game? Unexpected. One more reason to pre order this though. Maybe my first midnight pre load game?

Putty

Imola
Interlagos - confirmed by leaked screenshot / listed in PS3 version along with the kart track, Kaz confirms to Senna TV that karting will feature.

Estoril
Magny-Cours
Jerez
Zolder

The Isle of Man reports were fake, it was Big Ben who were laser scanning the circuit for their TT game (exclusive)

Is that in addition to GT:S?

Yiazmat

Real World
That's 10 out of 19 locations.

I don't think a GT game could get away without having Suzuka or Laguna Seca, make that 12 then.

We know about the Pikes Peak deal, so there will be Hillclimbing, you probably need at least 2 tracks for that and people love driving production cars on real roads, so I'd guess there will be one more Hillclimb real roads serpentines track.

That's 13 1/2 out of 19.

The real race track selection is very thin, so there will be at least 2 more, maybe even 4.
My money would be on Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya (spanish fans) and Monaco(good graphics showcase and Senna history).

Not much guessing room left, probably one more classic GT original track.

Y'all forgetting about Red Bull Ring, Ascari and Goodwood Hillclimb which were all new laser scanned tracks in GT6.

And Seattle Short appeared in a leaderboard at the reveal event. And we still don't know if they're gonna put the 3 classic original tracks (Trial Mountain, Grand Valley, Deep Forest)

If there's only 19 tracks, the track list is gonna be garbage no matter what, since they already started wrong by adding a lot of awful new original tracks.

Unknown?

Y'all forgetting about Red Bull Ring, Ascari and Goodwood Hillclimb which were all new laser scanned tracks in GT6.

And Seattle Short appeared in a leaderboard at the reveal event. And we still don't know if they're gonna put the 3 classic original tracks (Trial Mountain, Grand Valley, Deep Forest)

If there's only 19 tracks, the track list is gonna be garbage no matter what, since they already started wrong by adding a lot of awful new original tracks.
DragonTail is just as good as any of those original tracks. Anyway who says we only have 19? Wasn't that before the delay? We know they're going to have more cars now than before the delay.

So take my confirmed 10 list from before and add...
  • Suzuka (FIA approved)
  • Bathurst (FIA approved)
  • Silverstone (FIA approved)
  • Shanghai (laserscanned according to Wax)
  • Pikes Peak (exclusivity deal)
  • Hockenheim (confrimed by Red Bull according to Wax)
  • Goodwood
    (they will want to keep that connection alive, but that's very little for a "location", if Nordschleife+Nürburgring count as 1 location too)
that's 17(!) and I bet we are missing an original GT track yet. Red Bull Ring seems also likely (and it's in every fucking sim under the sun right now).
That they wouldn't have Spa and Laguna Seca. On that popularity ForzaGAF survey, Laguna Seca's popularity was off the charts, everone loves that track and PD knows this as well. Btw
No Le Mans, if you have so many LMP cars is weird too (but that track is complex, maybe later in a DLC).

Btw. about that Laguna Seca updated thing: I'll make myself unpopular here, but that PD-GT documentary when Kaz was at Laguna Seca sitting at that crack in the asphalt and talking about laserscanning...?
Have you guys exported a GT6 Laguna Seca lap to MoTec i2 Pro telemetry and then looked at the lap line in Google Earth? That track wasn't laserscanned.

-----------------
edit: this is debunked and I got it wrong and the below is BS, sorry and thanks to Benzy
lagunasecaimbf6.png

I was never off track on that lap. Also, considering how much more realistically bumpy the GTS Nordschleife is, laserscanning can't have been worth all that much in GT6...
still they probably have more detailed data on the actually laserscanned tracks than they used on the PS3.

DieH@rd

Banned

Imola

Estoril
Magny-Cours
Jerez
Zolder

Shame for Isle of Man.

cooldawn

I can't see many more fictional tracks being included since this game is predominantly based on official online championships.

There should be more FIA sanctioned tracks than the rest combined.

thelastword

Banned

Imola

Estoril
Magny-Cours
Jerez
Zolder

Is GT6 now on PS4? That's amazing if true....

Mascot

Is there atleast a bonnet cam now? Gt games just about always had camera too high or too low
Nope. Worm-cam or Google Street View only. Cockpit view currently sucks in GTS and chase cam is... Chase cam.

Hopefully the full game will have tweakable views.

Nope. Worm-cam or Google Street View only. Cockpit view currently sucks in GTS and chase cam is... Chase cam.

Hopefully the full game will have tweakable views.

About sums up all but the cockpit view, chase cam looks like the camera is a few miles behind and a few hundred feet above, bonnet and roof cam is the same, bumper cam has 10 foot of invisible wall in front and is also too damn high. It's like no one in PD has ever seen a roof cam or bonnet cam or bumper cam or chase came in any other game or even real life. I bet there won't be a change, we are stuck with that crap.

-hadouken

Anybody unlocked one of the below GR4s? This group appeared in the arcade mode prior to patch 1.04. Why I ask is that I've got 36 cars - won a duplicate for my daily this morning.

Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X Final Edition Gr.4

Subaru WRX Gr.4

Lexus RC-F Gr.4

Mazda Roadster S (ND) '15 Gr.4

The driver in GT Sport has many good animations, reactions, etc.

One of my favorite is that he is regularly checking the mirrors during the lap:

Rxlh0ea.gif

6b2NzvC.gif

About sums up all but the cockpit view, chase cam looks like the camera is a few miles behind and a few hundred feet above, bonnet and roof cam is the same, bumper cam has 10 foot of invisible wall in front and is also too damn high. It's like no one in PD has ever seen a roof cam or bonnet cam or bumper cam or chase came in any other game or even real life. I bet there won't be a change, we are stuck with that crap.

To me, the problem with chase cam is that it's too stiff. It was great in GT3 A-spec, but they decided to change it for GT4 and 13 years later we still have the shitty chase cam.

https://youtu.be/JGD1it6vszk

Mascot

Kaz's daily driver:

device-car.jpg

JamboGT

The "bumper cam" in GT has never been a bumper cam and that is why, unlike pretty much every other bumper cam, it is good. Its basically a central version of the driving position without the car rendered, gives a really good view of the track and a great impression of how to place the car. Bumper cams are always too low and too tough to work out your car position and size relative to others.

Drackhorn

The "bumper cam" in GT has never been a bumper cam and that is why, unlike pretty much every other bumper cam, it is good. Its basically a central version of the driving position without the car rendered, gives a really good view of the track and a great impression of how to place the car. Bumper cams are always too low and too tough to work out your car position and size relative to others.

I must say I agree. I love this viewpoint but at the same time I wish that Polyphony could give every car a bonnet and roof cam. Now it appears to be very random whether you are getting a bonnet cam or roof cam.

JamboGT

I must say I agree. I love this viewpoint but at the same time I wish that Polyphony could give every car a bonnet and roof cam. Now it appears to be very random whether you are getting a bonnet cam or roof cam.

Yeah I would take a bonnet over roof cam any day if those were my only choices. I think it is probably always actually roof, just sometimes you can see the windscreen/roof and sometimes not. Back when I was setting up cameras we had both but on the roof I would pull it back a bit to stop a close up of the not as high res glass reflections, PD could do with following that rule as well!

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
i really dearly hope we will have Spa and LeMans in the game.
Spa with GT3 and LeMans with LMP1 is an absolute joy to race.

danowat

Banned

I think it's more than that.

Not so much in this version, but in previous versions the bumper cam has also had more pitch and yaw feeling of the car moving on it's suspension, and other (in car) views, have felt more stiff.

Top Bottom