• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Thread 2: Reloaded

Thanks for your help but unfortunately it didn't work, any other ideas?

The headset powers on and all of the blue lights come on but the screen is completely dead.

I think I will have to return it, fuck sake I only got my pro back because it was fucked as well. Fucking Sony and their cheap shit really pissed off
Before you do that why not post in the support forums.
Maybe it's an easy fix.

NA link:
https://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-VR/bd-p/20091

Thanks for your help but unfortunately it didn't work, any other ideas?

The headset powers on and all of the blue lights come on but the screen is completely dead.

I think I will have to return it, fuck sake I only got my pro back because it was fucked as well. Fucking Sony and their cheap shit really pissed off

Are you using any kindof splitter between PS4 and PU to enable HDR?

I have to power mine off to reset the HDMI connection.

Planet

Statik is amazing, too bad it will probably be short. 40 minutes in and 4 boxes solved. Need sleep now, damn those midnight game unlocks! XD

FDC1

Damn, I missed Statik preorder window, I tought it was releasing Tuesday. For information a demo is available on European stores

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I don't know if it's a software-level thing or me unknowingly looking to one side, but I still get drifting, especially in Pinball FX2 VR.

Pinball FX2 is the only game I ever noticed drift on. Key word is 'game'. I saw plenty in the dashboard and other stuff that doesn't use the camera.
The devs of Pinball FX must have known they had a problem because the mapped recentterrible to a face button. I don't remember seeing that anywhere else.

MattAces

Just played the demo and wow, what an impressive puzzle. Zero hand holding and just explore the possibility. Why can't they make a lot of these puzzles and sell it at a high price.

bumpkin

It's annoying that Statik is nowhere to be found on the US store yet. I hope that the discount Europe is getting for preorders is available for US shoppers the first week or so.

MattAces

If anybody is wondering where the multiplayer app for Statik is, it's in the Playstation second screen app.
To further clarify, it's the main hub app, the Playstation app.

Planet

Don't worry USPSVRGAF, it will be there very soon, as in: today!

[tweet]https://twitter.com/TarsierStudios/status/856131017391919105[/tweet]

Don't know about any discount, though. They said it will be $19.99.

Resi is terrifying - I was surprised in a more subtle way when I got into the game.

People having heft and dimension, looking up to characters, there is a sense of presence there.

Rez is brilliant (I've never played the game before) - I will say that I think the VR-ness isn't very impactful - but being completely isolated and playing is brilliant.

I tried the Driveclub demo and it didn't do it for me - not sensing the speed of things, I thought that might have been more prevalent.

How does Dirt Rally compare?

MattAces

Resi is terrifying - I was surprised in a more subtle way when I got into the game.

People having heft and dimension, looking up to characters, there is a sense of presence there.

Rez is brilliant (I've never played the game before) - I will say that I think the VR-ness isn't very impactful - but being completely isolated and playing is brilliant.

I tried the Driveclub demo and it didn't do it for me - not sensing the speed of things, I thought that might have been more prevalent.

How does Dirt Rally compare?

Without a proper wheel set up, it is way too immersion breaking for those games. Driveclub is such a huge wasted opportunity. One of the best looking game turns into the worst looking game in VR. They got shut down too sudden and I guess they didn't have enough time to utilize the Pro.

hank_tree

Have there been any games announced, besides Farpoont, that use the Aim controller. Seems a bit pricey to buy for just one game.

MattAces

Cheers. That's pretty bad.

What do you mean by pretty bad? Are you expecting hundreds of games supporting it? The accessories hasn't been released with several confirmed games and E3 is coming soon where Sony announce their games. It's just a $30 peripheral.

Without a proper wheel set up, it is way too immersion breaking for those games. Driveclub is such a huge wasted opportunity. One of the best looking game turns into the worst looking game in VR. They got shut down too sudden and I guess they didn't have enough time to utilize the Pro.

does dirt rally look better at least?

*Splinter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwsOS327bqg
http://therogueinitiative.com/crowe/

Metro is claiming this game is coming to PSVR, can't find any source on it but an article from VRFocus suggesting they are developing games for psvr, vive and rift.

Also another one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVSgugMV9Ws
Apparently announced long ago and recently released for vive. No mention of PSVR ever since the initial announcement though.
What games are these? I don't want to open YouTube while I'm on mobile

kingkenny76

Before you do that why not post in the support forums.
Maybe it's an easy fix.

NA link:
https://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-VR/bd-p/20091

OK, thanks I'll give that a go.

Are you using any kindof splitter between PS4 and PU to enable HDR?

I have to power mine off to reset the HDMI connection.

No, I have a 1080p TV with no HDR so it's not that. It was working fine on Saturday but stopped working on Sunday.

Planet

Have fun! :D

The Walk ist just a video though, you can find it on youtube. That has been concealed by Sony folks by letting the test persons walk at exactly the right moment - when guy in the video starts walking. It's never been a VR app, which is a shame.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwsOS327bqg
http://therogueinitiative.com/crowe/

Metro is claiming this game is coming to PSVR, can't find any source on it but an article from VRFocus suggesting they are developing games for psvr, vive and rift.

Also another one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVSgugMV9Ws
Apparently announced long ago and recently released for vive. No mention of PSVR ever since the initial announcement though.
Dead Secret was really cool on GearVR. I imagine it will be equally good here.

Taker666

Supposedly just a character gallery. Abysmal.

That's annoying.
Surely it can't be that tough to do?.
A VR diorama mode with mini fighters in front of you...or make the characters full size as if you were viewing them from a ringside seat.

You'd think they could make a few texture/effect cuts to maintain it at 60fps and have stereoscopic VR? I mean they got Tekken 3DS to run in fully stereoscopic 3D at 60fps.

cakely

Finally, I have my Playstation VR! Unfortunately I at work and it is sitting at home, I cannot wait! Move controllers arriving later this week so will try out a few of the non move controller games first.

Got VR Worlds and downloaded all the demos and the playroom VR from the store, so hopefully that will keep me going until the end of the month.

After that I plan on getting Batman + either Farpoint or Resi 7 depending on cost/reviews etc.

Are there any non-gaming experiences that are a must try? Is "the walk" available as I thought that looked good in the pre-release demos.

I can't remember being this desperate to get home to play something since I bought "Premier Manager" for my Mega Drive. VR has turned this married father into a big kid again.

Download the 'Joshua Bell VR Experience'. It's a virtual violin performance, it's quite impressive.

MattAces

Played Statik for 1 hour 5 minutes, completed 2 boxes. Both played in co-op with my sister. One of the best co-op experience ever. Some puzzles just doesn't make sense until you describe every single bits of information. The co-op REALLY requires both players to do their parts.

Kyolux

Played Statik for 1 hour 5 minutes, completed 2 boxes. Both played in co-op with my sister. One of the best co-op experience ever. Some puzzles just doesn't make sense until you describe every single bits of information. The co-op REALLY requires both players to do their parts.

Is co op a separate experience?

At work, currently downloading this and marvel heroes omega. Will have to put down persona 5 for a bit tonight.

ryseing

F

Are there any non-gaming experiences that are a must try? Is "the walk" available as I thought that looked good in the pre-release demos.

The It's Always Sunny short "Project Badass" is pretty neat. You can watch it in the Jaunt VR app I believe. Hulu is worth trying for the novelty of being in a virtual living room. I watched an entire season of Casual that way. Invasion is a cute little short.

Planet

Finished Statik singleplayer, great fun, would have liked a few dozen boxes more... XD

Took me about 2.5 to 3 hours total, but I have no regrets, the price is fair. I will showcase that to a few puzzle loving friends and my son, and I will surely play the co-op boxes.

valeu

i'm loving Statik. It's like that excellent mobile series, The Room, in that you're just solving puzzle boxes. I saw 13 boxes in the menu but I also read above there are co-op boxes which I didn't know about. Not sure if they are included in 13 or separate. It has that great 'you're a lab rat doing tests' dry humor like Portal and Headmaster. I started earlier today and have completed 4 boxes. The puzzles have been really cool and clever, not sure if the difficulty will ramp up or continue at this level. If you like The Room series and have PSVR this is a no-brainer

That's annoying.
Surely it can't be that tough to do?.
A VR diorama mode with mini fighters in front of you...or make the characters full size as if you were viewing them from a ringside seat.

You'd think they could make a few texture/effect cuts to maintain it at 60fps and have stereoscopic VR? I mean they got Tekken 3DS to run in fully stereoscopic 3D at 60fps.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 on PS3 had a 3D mode, but the frame rate was halved to 30fps to make it work.

If the graphics were dropped to PS3 levels, you'd think PS4 would have a fair chance of sustaining a solid 60 in VR.

bumpkin

Lame... No discount on Statik for US players. I asked about it on Twitter:

What about an early bird discount like @SecretSorcery did for Tethered? Kind of unfair to only give UK PS+ subscribers a deal.

And they replied:

That wasn't our choice to make I'm afraid.

Kyolux

3 puzzles down in Statik so far. They're pretty short though. They took me around 10 minutes each so far.

4th one seems annoying though, with its tjme sensitive aspect.

Billfisto

Statik is dang good, highly recommended. A bit on the shorter side (I completed it in a couple hours), but it was pretty engrossing and got me to actually stay in the PSVR for a couple hours, which I normally won't do.

The puzzle design is pretty diverse and great, and the gameplay conceit of sitting stationary with your hands in a box is great for immersion. The variety in mechanics they get out of the setup is pretty great, too.

I liked the line-by-line writing, but I didn't quite get what actually happened, overall.

So, 8/10, would stick my hands in a box again.

Top Bottom