• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroAKA

Question about PS+ on Vita: Does the Vita Wifi automatically turn on if you have automatic updating on? I'm almost always leave Wifi off before putting my Vita to sleep mode at night, and yet Wifi is always on the next day.

Im going to recommend this to you guys.

Buy one of these at Sam's theyre like $38 and hear the audio from the Vita on it. Its sooooooo good. I highly recommend it.
First post on a new page, but this doesn't look like a Vita game recommendation. You should buy Persona 4 Golden instead with that money. :p

Oshimai

I think there was NHL 07 on PSP? But there hasn't been.... any others, at all. So it doesn't look good. :(

2K made NBA games on PSP but they ditched NHL 2K altogether so no hope there either.

I'll be honest, one of the reasons I bought a Vita was to play sports games on the go/in my bed. While FIFA is nice I was (prematurely) looking forward to playing NHL on the Vita. So... at this point in time I'm down for a half-assed port; it's all good as long as I get my NHL game fix.

zulux21

i can't believe I am going to say this but I actually think foosball was worth the download lol...
it's like a simple flash game that doesn't have much to it but is entertaining me for some weird reason... aka not the worst free PS+ game I have gotten. that would be that one PS1 classic racing game we got... god that thing was terrible @_@

Scythian

That Foosball game at least entertained me, but it didn't feel like the actual real life game at all, and I'm still not sure how the controls work even after playing the lackluster tutorials.

Derrick01

Banned
I'm concerned about how Sly is going to run on Vita when the demo on PS3 is so choppy for some reason. Lots of drops when the camera turns or when a lot of coins are dropping after breaking things. Don't know why, it couldn't have been hard to get this game to run well on PS3 with how it looks.

zulux21

That Foosball game at least entertained me, but it didn't feel like the actual real life game at all, and I'm still not sure how the controls work even after playing the lackluster tutorials.

i figured it was a given it wouldn't feel like real life... I mean there are no character models so how are you supposed to launch the ball so hard it flies up and hits your opponent in the face causing their lip to bleed? plus it's would be hard to see what you are doing if you put your hands together on a single stick to super spin it >.>

VanWinkle

I'm concerned about how Sly is going to run on Vita when the demo on PS3 is so choppy for some reason. Lots of drops when the camera turns or when a lot of coins are dropping after breaking things. Don't know why, it couldn't have been hard to get this game to run well on PS3 with how it looks.

Really? I didn't notice. It seemed to run great to me.

Scythian

i figured it was a given it wouldn't feel like real life... I mean there are no character models so how are you supposed to launch the ball so hard it flies up and hits your opponent in the face causing their lip to bleed? plus it's would be hard to see what you are doing if you put your hands together on a single stick to super spin it >.>

That's an essential part of the Foosball experience :p, that's kinda why a Foosball videogame seemed like a weird idea.

VanWinkle

So who else bought EscapeVektor?

The graphics are what they are in Sly, they are by no means as astounding as they were when the first Sly came out but, the animation seems to work.

The animations of Bentley were great. I actually really enjoyed the whole Bentley section, surprisingly. My least favorite was Murray, but it was clearly a tutorial-type sections with no platforming or anything.

I'm not sure if you are serious, but there is a real life tabletop game called Foosball that is not like soccer. He meant it wasn't realistic to that tabletop game.

Takao

Banned
Just read up on Revelations. What a load of shit. And did you see their explanation?

I'm not even a big fan of the series, but cOME ON!

Who said this, and was it directly in response to a question about a Vita version? Whoever it is could just straight up say they don't think the userbase is there to support a port (lol Wii U). No one will cry, but you don't have to have a firm understanding of the human brain to understand that's some lie right there.

I get the feeling we'll see a lot more sports games - especially EA ones - on Vita in the next couple years. There's no point them spending the money porting the current engines when they can just wait for the next-gen ones and then port then instead.

This won't happen. EA said that Vita versions of games like NHL depended on the sales of FIFA, and Madden on the platform. Which of course is an incredibly shitty thing to do to people.

zulux21

That's an essential part of the Foosball experience :p, that's kinda why a Foosball videogame seemed like a weird idea.

that all being said... *raises flame shield* I still had more fun with my 30 min of foosball then I did with my 30 min of the uncharted game >.>
and yes I am being totally serious when I say that lol...
so uh...
*runs and hides*

Scythian

that all being said... *raises flame shield* I still had more fun with my 30 min of foosball then I did with my 30 min of the uncharted game >.>
and yes I am being totally serious when I say that lol...
so uh...
*runs and hides*

I totally get why someone would not like Uncharted GA, but I think considering all of its flaws, the game's better than the sum of its parts.

zulux21

I totally get why someone would not like Uncharted GA, but I think considering all of its flaws, the game's better than the sum of its parts.

to be fair in my case I haven't enjoyed any of my time spent with the uncharted series in general. I was just playing GA to give it another go, it's not like I am a fan of uncharted who hated GA :p

DiscoJer

Question about PS+ on Vita: Does the Vita Wifi automatically turn on if you have automatic updating on? I'm almost always leave Wifi off before putting my Vita to sleep mode at night, and yet Wifi is always on the next day.

Did you turn on "Disconnect Wi-Fi Connection Automatically" in the settings menu? I think otherwise the Wi-Fi just stays on all the time, even in sleep mode.

yella

Am I the only one who noticed that there's now a section dedicated to free to play games on the Vita store, or did I just miss the comment by someone else?

omg_mjd

Okay just played the Sonic Racing demo and now it's either I get this or wait for Sly (which is also $30 right?) Or EDF. And there's still DOA5+... and my freaking backlog.

Man, so many games... :(
:D

Am I the only one who noticed that there's now a section dedicated to free to play games on the Vita store, or did I just miss the comment by someone else?

Noticed this too. Good for them. (Not into F2P myself though. I'd rather pay outright if the game is good enough.)

Yanksfan

Okay just played the Sonic Racing demo and now it's either I get this or wait for Sly (which is also $30 right?) Or EDF. And there's still DOA5+... and my freaking backlog.

Noticed this too. Good for them. (Not into F2P myself though. I'd rather pay outright if the game is good enough.)

Sly and EDF are both $40, FYI.

yella

Tell me about it! I just got the system a month ago and I have a huge backlog already :(. I've only played Wipeout out of all the free Plus games, plus I keep downloading all the F2P games. Only have 3 gigs left on my 16 gig card; I plan on buying Alundra and maybe a game or two, depending on what I buy. The game selection has me completely stumped!

Oh man. I know this isnt vita related but i have to tell someone... Just finished my first playthrough of walking dead, and although i wasnt in love with the game as a whole, ( overrated/hyped) the final episode when everything came together blew me away. So good. I wont go on tho. All easy trophies, as well as plat - my first btw. Not one for trophies in general...

Got the sonic demo, not sure if i should pick up escapevektor on sale or wait on it. My vita backlog is huge. Making headway in hot shots. On gold level. Going to make gravity rush my next game asap. Ni no kuni will arrive tom. So i may take a wee vita break. We'll see which wins my love for the coming days: ps3 or vita

<3 vitagaf!

Just started persona 4. 5 hours in, this game is pretty good.

Resi 6 is pretty fucking sick. Up there with vanquish if you play the game right. The games movement and melee system really opened up so many ways to play the game. Sure some design choices are questionable, but resi 6 is so underrated.

I loved RE6. I wouldn't compare it to Vanquish though.
If by that you mean the right way to play it is to toss out the disc and play something Mikami was actually involved in, then I agree.

No.
I spent 83 hours with the game and had a blast.
The game is good, haters be damned.

omg_mjd

Tell me about it! I just got the system a month ago and I have a huge backlog already :(. I've only played Wipeout out of all the free Plus games, plus I keep downloading all the F2P games. Only have 3 gigs left on my 16 gig card; I plan on buying Alundra and maybe a game or two, depending on what I buy. The game selection has me completely stumped!

I've had to keep my card with just the games I plan to play and leave the rest on my computer so I can stay focused and not get paralyzed with choice every time I turn on my Vita. :)

Alundra sounds great. I missed out so much on PSOne that 90% of the games available are "new" to me. Same with the PSP.

I'll be honest, one of the reasons I bought a Vita was to play sports games on the go/in my bed. While FIFA is nice I was (prematurely) looking forward to playing NHL on the Vita. So... at this point in time I'm down for a half-assed port; it's all good as long as I get my NHL game fix.

Sadly I'm a sucker for hockey and would buy a day one EA shitbox port of NHL '11 '12 or '13.

I nearly bought fifa 13 until I heard all the bad reviews and that it was basically fifa '11 with a roster update. I'm not a fan of the sport itself but those types of games are usually really fun.

Oshimai

Sadly I'm a sucker for hockey and would buy a day one EA shitbox port of NHL '11 '12 or '13.

I nearly bought fifa 13 until I heard all the bad reviews and that it was basically fifa '11 with a roster update. I'm not a fan of the sport itself but those types of games are usually really fun.

Huge fan of int'l soccer; currently don't have time to invest in EU football leagues.

Also, omg... Gustavsson... glhf.

omg_mjd

I bought NBA 2K12 (when it was on sale) just so I could have a basketball game on my Vita.

And despite the atrocious graphics and soundtrack it is kinda fun. Especially the create your own player mode. But man what an eyesore.

I bought NBA 2K12 (when it was on sale) just so I could have a basketball game on my Vita.

And despite the atrocious graphics and soundtrack it is kinda fun. Especially the create your own player mode. But man what an eyesore.

I nearly bought nba 2k13psp when I first got the vita. Glad I didn't and grabbed the PC version for $7 from amazon. PC version isn't nearly as good as the console but it is leaps and bounds ahead of the psp offering.

I love sports games but the only good one out for Vita atm is Hot Shots Golf and I'm pretty terrible at that game. But it's fun, way deeper than I expected I assumed it was a casual game but underneath is a pretty hardcore game. I was impressed even moreso since I grabbed the game for $10 during BF just to have a few games in my arsenal for when my vita showed up.

Edit: I haven't played either Fifa title, and Madden was so bad that I traded it in after about a week of play. The gameplay wasn't terrible but the menus lagged and it was filled wit choppy cutscenes and that shit didn't fly with me!

Finished P4G a few days back. Looking to start new game+ but I might do a Easy run just so I can unlock ultimate persona
Izanagi no Okami
without having to go through the dungeons again.

DiscoJer

I realize it's pretty ugly looking (PS Mobile does not do 3d well), but what else didn't you like about it other than the score multiplayer thing? It being more of an arena shooter?

The guy who will be reviewing it for the site I write for seems to be enjoying it so far (and he was so eager for a Vita FPS that he bought it with his own money, rather than the site's review account)

If only PSM games were like mobile games on 2013 hardware. I am surprised how well it runs to be honest. 3D engines run terribly on the PSM SDK.

Well, when Sony said "Experience what PlayStation® gaming looks like on an open development platform", apparently they literally meant Playstation 1.

I realize it's pretty ugly looking (PS Mobile does not do 3d well), but what else didn't you like about it other than the score multiplayer thing? It being more of an arena shooter?

Didn't you hear the bits about the boring level design, the horrible boss, the fact the guns act or feel no different than an extremely crap pistol, or the fact that the aim doesn't stop when you let off the analog stick WHICH SHOULD PROBABLY HAPPEN IN A PRECISION-CENTRIC SCORE ATTACK GAME?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom