• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 PC Preload Now Live! (36GB)

Strakt

The client is downloading a 30+ GB Destiny 2 file, but I never purchased the game. Did I somehow end up with a free copy, or is it just going to prompt me to buy it after the download is done?

Its updating ur old beta files to full game but u wont be able to play without a key

everyer

So what is it about D2 that's burning out people faster than D1?

What changes have been made that are allowing people to 'get all the good content' in just a couple weeks or so? I remember D1 being an endless but addictive grind of RNG and waiting week to week for raid resets and new vendor sales. What happened?

The things I can't stand most is the token system for all activities, and all my loved gun type be changed to power weapon, I hate the so called" balanced "thing which ruined everything. Battle in D2 never be fun, much worse than D1

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Pre-loaded and ready to go. Any news in regards to aim assist for PC? Have they toned it down? Removed it? Let it be?

BadAss2961

A couple of things, in my opinion.

1.) The weapons aren't exciting. Gjallarhorn was overpowered without a doubt, but it was an exciting weapon to get and use. I think the weapons, and loot in general, seem kind of stale. The weapon handling is still really solid, I just think design wise they aren't really interesting for the most part. I don't find most exotics all that interesting either.

2.) There's really nothing to chase after once the player "gets" something. SInce RNG rolls don't exist and there's really nothing else to substitute for it, there's really not a whole lot to chase after unless you really like a certain gun that you don't already have, there's really not much to get. Even with the events that they have had, I don't think they've really added anything substantial to the game.

For better or worse, that depends on the player of course. Personally, I think it's still a fun game but I feel like Bungie went too far away from the RPG stuff in their game that I think it feels like it doesn't actually serve much of a purpose. It might be better than vanilla Destiny 1, but I don't think it's anywhere near as good as post-TTK Destiny 1.
No more RNG? What?

Lack of interesting or overpowered exotics could definitely be a problem. In D1 there was always those one or two weapons I desperately wanted but could never get. Then by the time I finally got it, it was nerfed... Or that piece of raid gear that always eluded me. Forever at the mercy of RNGesus. Minus the nerfing, I could see the issue if Bungie fumbled this element of the game.

Still gonna day one this since high framerates and ultra graphics are total gamechangers.

EL CUCO

I wish Destiny 1 was hitting PC next week, not this trash can no fun allowed game. Seriously debating cancelling my pre-order all together but the masochist in me wants to experience the entire game in 60fps. I'll be surprised if this has legs longer than a few weeks on PC, in its current state.

Dmax3901

This game is so hard to pinpoint a vibe on. Most people on my Twitter feed seem to love it, but then you hear people on gaf and elsewhere who absolutely hate it.

Thinking CD Keys is my best bet coming from Australia, but I'm still not sure.

TI82

Banned
Can you gift a pre-order to a friend on battle.net? Or do I have to buy from a 3rd party?

If I do buy it from a 3rd party do they get the code today to pre-load or do they have to wait until release date?

Got my code today from green man gaming

spk

How do I preload?? Have restarted the client multiple times. Logging in and out does nothing

6oTVpgt.png

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Are you referring to aim assist for controllers? I haven't heard anything, I imagine it's probably the same as the console versions.

Correct. They said they were monitoring the situation during the beta yet we haven't heard a thing since. It would be pretty fucked up if they refrain from telling us what their decision is regarding that until after the game is released.

Pre-loaded and ready to go. Any news in regards to aim assist for PC? Have they toned it down? Removed it? Let it be?

People have asked similar questions in other D2 PC threads, but Bungie has been silent so far as to what changes they've made since the beta.

Nvidia did come out and say they have new Game Ready drivers on the way that will include their latest performance optimizations and tweaks for Destiny 2.

https://www.geforce.com/whats-new/g...performance-guide?ncid=so-twi-dn2gspfgd-24431

CrazyHal

For some reason, i though the game was coming out tomorrow. I don't know why i though that. I preloaded today expecting to play it at midnight lol.

BizzyBum

You know what would be cool, if they allowed people who preload to be able to access the game and run a benchmark to adjust their settings before the game officially launches so people don't have to keep experimenting with the settings for optimal FPS the first hour or so the game goes live.

Blam

You know what would be cool, if they allowed people who preload to be able to access the game and run a benchmark to adjust their settings before the game officially launches so people don't have to keep experimenting with the settings for optimal FPS the first hour or so the game goes live.

The game is already very well optimized I don't see people taking that long if at all tweaking it to play at an optimal FPS.

jryeje29

Just finished my preload, can’t freaking wait to finally have destiny on pc. My friends picked up physical copies so I’m gonna have to wait to really dive in when it releases but I’m definitely jumping into multiplayer and finding out all the correct settings for my pc.

Samaritan

Just saw that Amazon is saying my physical copy will be delivered on the 23rd. I wonder if this is intentional on the part of Activision-Blizzard. Maybe they're letting physical copies ship early so physical owners can pre-load as well? Regardless of the reason, I'm pretty excited that I'll get to play this the minute it goes live.

ChrisDM

Did anyone buy digital through Gamestop? I want to buy from them because I have an insane amount of credit but I also want to be able to preload and not have to wait until the 24th for my key.

spk

Did you already have the beta installed? It might have just updated your existing files. I would check in your program files how much is in the D2 folder.

I had the beta files but the folder size was smaller than the actual download. Deleting it made no difference...still can't install

Top Bottom