• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All PS4 Pro enhanced games (native support and boosted)

Jacob4815

I'm a bit confused by Firewatch.

There are two modes listed, but can a 1080p user select one of them? I thought that they could only play in 1080p native mode.

Anarion07

HDR is already listed on the games that support it.

If you have a chance, could you post a 4K screenshot or two? Then we could tell for sure.

Are there notes about any other improvements? Given Oxenfree's visual style I assume probably the only graphical change is higher resolution. And is the game 30 or 60fps?

Oh wow I'm blind. Thanks!

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
This is great idea, although I prefer the way Sony listed Assassins Creed Syndicate....ie, it don't
Even Sony is saying fix your shit to Ubisoft or they won't advertise it as a Pro Enhanced game.

Polygonal_Sprite

Gold Member
XCOM2, v1.02, PS4 Pro, 1080p TV
1080p: https://abload.de/img/xcom2_1080pbgsvq.png
4K: https://abload.de/img/xcom2_4k10sxe.png

Seeing those screenshots, I'm not so sure anymore. Maybe fooled by the far-away isometric camera.

Is it just me or is there next to no difference between those shots ? What should I be looking for ?

I have a Pro by the way so I'm not shitting on it. What games show the most difference on a 1080 display as I don't have a 4K HDTV yet. Thanks.

5taquitos

Is it just me or is there next to no difference between those shots ? What should I be looking for ?

I have a Pro by the way so I'm not shitting on it. What games show the most difference on a 1080 display as I don't have a 4K HDTV yet. Thanks.

Ratchet & Clank, Titanfall 2, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Call of Duty, and Battlefield 1 are all games that I feel have noticeable improvements on a 1080p screen.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
There are some games I'd wish would get Pro support...

Witcher 3
Overwatch (come on this can do 1440p at least)
Doom

Autofokus

Opened them in different tabs, switched between them quickly, I don't see any difference. Maaaaaaaybe the 4K has some better anti aliasing, but other then that no difference at all.

Sorry, posting both screenshot resolutions side-by-side was unnecessary confusing.
Both shots were made on a Pro, so they shouldn't differ at all (besides the horrible upscaling of the 4k-screenshot feature/setting).

I just posted both in hope Liabe Brave would have it easier to do good old pixel-counting to determine the real rendering resolution.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Sorry, posting both screenshot resolutions side-by-side was unnecessary confusing.
Both shots were made on a Pro, so they shouldn't differ at all (besides the horrible upscaling of the 4k-screenshot feature/setting).

I just posted both in hope Liabe Brave would have it easier to do good old pixel-counting to determine the real rendering resolution.

Oh, ok didn't realize they were both Pro, regardless it doesn't look that visually stunning.

On topic, based on the new DF video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIP4KrnJPCE&list=WL&index=10

Ark: Survival Evolved has the following Pro improvements:

- Detail mode on Pro offers 1080p/30 FPS (on OG "normal" mode is 680p and detailed is 720p)
- Normal mode offers a target of 60 FPS at 720p, still goes down to 30 FPS sometimes.

both OG and Pro drop to stretches of 20 FPS in "detail" mode.

Are there notes about any other improvements? Given Oxenfree's visual style I assume probably the only graphical change is higher resolution. And is the game 30 or 60fps?

Nope, that's all it says. Here's the devs tweet of the patch notes:
https://twitter.com/nightschoolers/status/800800108040241152

I'd try it out but I don't remember having any problems with it in the first place, so I'm not much help. Maybe try tweeting Night School for more specific details?

do all games let you choose what mode? If not I think it'd be great if we could get confirmation of the games that do ^_^
I did have notes about the few games that were restricted, but it may not have been clear. I've changed to specific icons, and added an explanation of them in the OP.

It mentions only Arkham City when both it and Arkham Asylum have been recently patched to properly support it.
One is for a 1080p tv user, the other one is for 4K tvs. No selectable option.
Nope, that's all it says. Here's the devs tweet of the patch notes:
Changes made, thank you everyone!

Autofokus said:
XCOM2, v1.02, PS4 Pro, 1080p TV
Seeing those screenshots, I'm not so sure anymore. Maybe fooled by the far-away isometric camera.

Pixel counting shows that the game is native 1080p in both shots. It seems the patch still didn't add Pro support.

New Hitman patch improves supersampling.
Absent any further detail as yet, I bumped up the entry to the next typical size.

As with XCOM 2 above, I can pixel count 4K screenshots to determine real resolution. Anyone who owns any of the following and can capture from their Pro, please post if you can:

Hitman (new patch); Batman: Return to Arkham (new patch); Let It Die (the largest shot I could find was 1440p, and it wasn't scaled; I need a 4K shot to see if it renders even higher); Oxenfree (1.05 patch, and is framerate 60fps?); World of Final Fantasy (at 4K; I know 1080p is messed up).

Thanks again to everyone for the assistance!

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
One tiny nitpick for Assassin's Creed Syndicate.

Image quality is worse on PS4 Pro at 1080p with no option to return to the original rendering mode, so it ought to get a solid red.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
There are some games I'd wish would get Pro support...

Witcher 3
Overwatch (come on this can do 1440p at least)
Doom

Witcher3 wont be getting a Pro patch, devs said theyre done

Overwatch got a Pro patch with improved AF

Doom patch would be nice. It runs great but could definitely look a little sharper not to mention the load times are killer.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Witcher3 wont be getting a Pro patch, devs said theyre done

Overwatch got a Pro patch with improved AF

Doom patch would be nice. It runs great but could definitely look a little sharper not to mention the load times are killer.

Why ProjektRed... WHYYYYYY. I could die happy with perfectly stable 30fps, 1080p, and better AA.

The Ummah

Banned
NBA 2K17 also looks VERY good on the Pro. First game I booted up it was so apparent, and I have a ridiculous amount of hours played on the OG. Very clean and crisp visuals! First game I just played Golden State vs. Cleveland, and went into replay to geek out.

Using 1080P mode, by the way.

One tiny nitpick for Assassin's Creed Syndicate.

Image quality is worse on PS4 Pro at 1080p with no option to return to the original rendering mode, so it ought to get a solid red.
While near-vertical edges are definitely messed up by the anamorphic rendering and terrible upscale, it is not the case that all IQ is made worse. The high-resolution mode really is more pixels (almost twice as many), so near-horizontal edges are sharper. And textures and some fine detail is improved.

buildingjvbw5.gif

It's a mix of improvements and declines, so it depends on what the user prefers. I think the equivocal tag is very accurate.

Autofokus

Anyone who owns any of the following and can capture from their Pro, please post if you can:

Hitman (new patch); Batman: Return to Arkham (new patch); Let It Die (the largest shot I could find was 1440p, and it wasn't scaled; I need a 4K shot to see if it renders even higher); Oxenfree (1.05 patch, and is framerate 60fps?); World of Final Fantasy (at 4K; I know 1080p is messed up).

Thanks again to everyone for the assistance!

Hitman, v1.21 (December Update), PS4 Pro, 1080p TV Set (Output), Screenshot Resolution: 4K, Unlocked Framerate Setting (don't know if it makes a difference IQ-wise)
https://abload.de/img/hitman_201612141157041bsea.png
https://abload.de/img/hitman_20161214115803dbs12.png
https://abload.de/img/hitman_20161214115854assfx.png

Oxenfree, v1.04, PS4 Pro, 1080p TV Set (Output), Screenshot Resolution: 4K
v1.04 is the latest version (with official Pro Support), at least in europe. Can't tell if its running in 30 or 60fps (I think its the latter), the game is barely animated with its static background and what-not. But the performance is definitely better, on the OG PS4 there was always an annoying hitching when the background scrolled - thats completely gone now.

https://abload.de/img/oxenfree_201612141146j8szp.png
https://abload.de/img/oxenfree_201612141148dds3x.png
https://abload.de/img/oxenfree_201612141150eks1k.png

Andrefpvs

OP, please ignore this if it's too much work for you, as this thread is already spectacular, but in your Update Logs from now on would it be possible to specify which games were added/updated? It would really help with my change blindness.

Once again please ignore if you don't think it's worth it :)

New Hitman patch improves supersampling.
Hitman, v1.21 (December Update), PS4 Pro, 1080p TV Set (Output), Screenshot Resolution: 4K, Unlocked Framerate Setting (don't know if it makes a difference IQ-wise)
I initially thought the improvement was likely to be a higher resolution, but based on pixel counting these screenshots the game is still 1440p. It seems just the method of downsampling is improved.

Thanks also to Autofokus for the Oxenfree info and shots! Seems the game is just 1080p upscaled (not much difference given the artstyle), but apparently with a higher framerate.

OP, please ignore this if it's too much work for you, as this thread is already spectacular, but in your Update Logs from now on would it be possible to specify which games were added/updated? It would really help with my change blindness.

Once again please ignore if you don't think it's worth it :)
If it's helpful and doable, it's worth it! I've revamped the entire format of the OP to make everything clearer and more informative. This includes listing additions (and deletions!) in the change log. Thanks for the suggestion!

I initially thought the improvement was likely to be a higher resolution, but based on pixel counting these screenshots the game is still 1440p. It seems just the method of downsampling is improved.

Thanks also to Autofokus for the Oxenfree info and shots! Seems the game is just 1080p upscaled (not much difference given the artstyle), but apparently with a higher framerate.

If it's helpful and doable, it's worth it! I've revamped the entire format of the OP to make everything clearer and more informative. This includes listing additions (and deletions!) in the change log. Thanks for the suggestion!

Wow, thanks again. As a recent Pro owner, this has been one of the most helpful threads I've see on GAF in a while.

Is 1080p the highest output I can get if I upload it through youtube or daily motion? No way to get 4K?
I believe the PS4 Pro video capture is capped at 1080p; max framerate is 30fps for recording and 60fps for broadcast and remote play. Since PS4 can record up to an hour of footage, doing that at 4K would rapidly fill hard drive space (or require compression that'd really hurt image quality).

Andrefpvs

Oh, thank you so much! It looks great :)

I'm so glad I haven't invested in a PRO yet. Looking at that list, it's pretty disappointing. BUT if they came out with a Bloodborne patch for 1080/1440p or whatever @ 60 fps, I'd get one.

mileS

Props for keeping up with the OP. Been a huge help for me. Keep coming back to check. Waiting for patches suck. I don't even want to touch FFXV until a good patch hits this month (hopefully)

Really happy to see Hitman patched.

Blizzje

I believe the PS4 Pro video capture is capped at 1080p; max framerate is 30fps for recording and 60fps for broadcast and remote play. Since PS4 can record up to an hour of footage, doing that at 4K would rapidly fill hard drive space (or require compression that'd really hurt image quality).

Liabe Brave, could you take a look at some Yakuza 6 PS4 PRO / PS4 comparison shots and tell what resolution they are running the Pro mode at?
http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/12/12/yakuza-6-ps4-pro-vs-ps4-screenshot-comparison/

Edit: Oh, and fantastic work on the OP. Really appreciate it.

pottuvoi

Banned
Oh, ok didn't realize they were both Pro, regardless it doesn't look that visually stunning.

On topic, based on the new DF video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIP4KrnJPCE&list=WL&index=10

- Detail mode on Pro offers 1080p/30 FPS (on OG "normal" mode is 680p and detailed is 720p)
- Normal mode offers a target of 60 FPS at 720p, still goes down to 30 FPS sometimes.

both OG and Pro drop to stretches of 20 FPS in "detail" mode.
Well, that's not impressive.
Even worse they do not use TAA and the image quality is thus quite bad.

Tagg9

According to the latest Digital Foundry video, the 1.02 update for Batman: Return to Arkham basically puts the Pro and base versions at parity. They are both dynamic 1080p (WTF lol?) and both are capped at 30fps.

JP

Sorry if it's already been discussed, I've not read ever post so I may have missed these.

The PS4 Pro section of the UK Store now includes these games:
  • Active Soccer 3 DX
  • Clockwork: Tales of Glass & Ink
  • Crystal Rift
  • I Zombie
  • Party Golf
  • Rock 'N Roll Racing Off Road DX
  • The Dwarves
  • The Keeper of The 4 Elements
  • Trove
  • Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3
  • XPOSED
I can't tell you anything about the improvements though, maybe others can.

icespide

Banned
According to the latest Digital Foundry video, the 1.02 update for Batman: Return to Arkham basically puts the Pro and base versions at parity. They are both dynamic 1080p (WTF lol?) and both are capped at 30fps.
not dynamic res. the game manually drops the resolution in specific scenes.

Simo

They just announced Pro support for The Division. No details but it goes live on Tuesday when the new expansion drops.

Sorry if it's already been discussed, I've not read ever post so I may have missed these.

The PS4 Pro section of the UK Store now includes these games:
  • Active Soccer 3 DX
  • Crystal Rift
  • I Zombie
  • Party Golf
  • The Dwarves
  • Trove
  • XPOSED
I can't tell you anything about the improvements though, maybe others can.
Yeesh! Okay UK GAF, it's up to you--are you a bad enough dude to post patch notes, impressions, and screenshots?

JP

Do you know what, I may as well just list ALL of the games from the PS4 Pro section as some may have been missed. It'll give people an idea gf games to keep an eye on while playing them if there are no listed improvements.

So here they are...The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.
  • ABZU
  • Active Soccer 3 DX
  • Amnesia Collection
  • ARK: Survival Evolved
  • Assassin's Creed The Ezio Collection
  • Battalion Commander
  • Battlefield 1
  • Bound
  • Call of Duty Black Ops III
  • Call of Duty Infinite Warfare
  • Crystal Rift
  • Darksiders Warmastered Edition
  • Deus Ex Mankind Divided
  • Dishonoured 2
  • DRIVECLUB VR (VR Required)
  • Fifa 17
  • Final Fantasy XV
  • Helldivers
  • Hitman
  • Holoball (VR Required)
  • Horizon Zero Dawn
  • How We Soard (VR Required)
  • Hustle Kings VR (VR Compatible)
  • inFamous First Light
  • inFamous Second Son
  • I Zombie
  • Knack
  • Lara Croft Go
  • Let it Die
  • Mafia III
  • Mantis Burn Racing
  • Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
  • Mother Russia Bleeds
  • NBA 2K17
  • NBA 2kVR Experience (VR Required)
  • Paragon
  • Party Golf
  • Pinball FX2 VR (VR Required)
  • PlayStation VR Worlds (VR Required)
  • Pro Evo 2017
  • Ratchet & Clank
  • Resident Evil 7
  • Rez Infinite
  • RIGS (VR Required)
  • Rise of the Tomb Raider
  • Robinson: The Journey (VR Required)
  • Smite
  • Steep
  • Super Stardust Ultra VR (VR Compatible)
  • Surgeon Simulator Experience (VR Required)
  • Tethered (VR Required)
  • The Dwarves
  • The Elder Scrolls Online
  • TheElder Scrolls: Skyrim
  • The Lasst Guardian
  • The Last of Us
  • The Last of Us: Left Behind
  • The Playroom VR (VR Required)
  • The Witness
  • Thumper
  • Titanfall 2
  • Trackmania Turbo
  • Trove
  • Tumble VR (VR Required)
  • Uncharted 4
  • Until Dawn: Rush of blood (VR Required)
  • Viking Squad
  • Watch Dogs 2
  • Werewolves Within (VR Required)
  • We Sing
  • World of Final Fantasy
  • XCOM 2
  • XPOSED

Magnus

What does Ratchet's 2160ti resolution abbreviation mean?

Also, if the official stores list UMVC3 under Pro, does that imply improved performance?

Top Bottom