• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Welcome @Majornelson to NeoGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

udiie

I've gots a question. Any idea when we might be seeing playable kiosks at stores? Before or after launch?
I've gotta second this one. The kiosks with Call of Duty 2 sold more people on the Xbox 360 than I can remember. Especially me, I wasn't going the give the thing a chance until I tried it.

I don't like it...it disrespects the teams that have put in thousands of hours (already) into the development of the product. Sure, it's cheeky but I don't care for it myself.
Should of picked a better name.

Yes I know why you guys picked "Xbox One"

But 1->360->One was a weird choice.

I liked infinite mone but after the 180, that wouldn't make sense.

E92 M3

Major: How are the rest of the Xbox team responding to some of the controversy surrounding this launch? I feel Microsoft should really add a human element to their marketing campaign and show us some of the faces responsible for building the One.

admartian

I don't like it...it disrespects the teams that have put in thousands of hours (already) into the development of the product. Sure, it's cheeky but I don't care for it myself.

Really? I've always seen it as XBox One = an abbreviation of sorts. And in no way disrespectful; nor have I ever used it in such way.

Interesting.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Well it's pretty apt seeing as the bone disrespected any regards for consumer rights .

eyeless

Hiro protagonist is j allards gamertag fyi
tumblr_lfaw9oHBMO1qfjrr6o1_250.gif

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I've gotta second this one. The kiosks with Call of Duty 2 sold more people on the Xbox 360 than I can remember. Especially me, I wasn't going the give the thing a chance until I tried it.
I remember when I first saw King Kong running in the kiosk. The wet rain, the dinos....it was amazing.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Larry,

Sony gained a lot of momentum at E3 using a simple video on YouTube to demonstrate how used games could be shared on PS4. What did you think of that video?

nib95

Banned
Xbox Infinite as a name was a million times better than Xbox One. Latter is an awful choice. Not only the connotations with regressive tech, but also confusion with the original Xbox, and the mass of abbreviation options which have led to Xbox One.

Major Nelson

Neo Member
Larry,

Sony has gotten notoriety for singling out Mark Cerny as the lead architect of the PS4. Why doesn't Microsoft have an equivalent? How big is the team that decides specs and thermal, die size, etc budgets?

If you watched the Architect Panel I hosted right after the Xbox One unveil, you saw a few folks that are responsible for the silicon and OS. There is no ONE person that designed all of the Xbox One. There are quite a few teams around the world that worked on various aspects of it. I guess if I were to point to one philosophical architect, it would have to be Marc Whitten.

the DRM disrespected the thousands of hours i spent on my 360 as a consumer though, so throw us a bone (haha!)

any word on Lost Odyssey 2?

hawk2025

I don't think people use "Xbone" to mock it, at least not anymore.

A close friend that is very much looking forward to it calls it the Xbone (I personally use X1 as the abbreviation of choice)

Major Nelson

Neo Member
Major: How are the rest of the Xbox team responding to some of the controversy surrounding this launch? I feel Microsoft should really add a human element to their marketing campaign and show us some of the faces responsible for building the One.

I agree.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Why do you think he is here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom