• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (~200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2017 Edition ||

Tukuyomi

Neo Member
My sister is playing Uta no Prince Sama Music 3 and can't figure out how to equip the outfits. She unlocked them and purchased them from the in-game store but can't get them to work. Same goes for the different backgrounds you can buy.

Any help would be appreciated.

My girlfriend has the game, as well.
Under Customize, choose Setting, left choice for the outfits. There you can choose the character with the top left window. Touch the right window to switch between outfits and confirm with O. Leave the menu with X.

The right choice under Setting is for the backgrounds and works the same.

Hope this helps!

Saphirax

What is going on with Mary Skelter in Europe? I preordered mine from Base and it still hasn't shipped because they don't have it in stock. Went to check Shopto and it's out of stock there as well.

What is going on with Mary Skelter in Europe? I preordered mine from Base and it still hasn't shipped because they don't have it in stock. Went to check Shopto and it's out of stock there as well.

Grainger Games have it in stock. 365Games also. Thanks for bringing this to my attention though, probably gonna order a copy now since it's clearly gonna be rare.

Side note, my Grainger Games physical store got rid of their Vita games today. None left. Becoming a physical collector just got a little harder...

It's so weird being at this point in Vita's life where physical releases at retail are drying up.

Like, I bought Steins;Gate 0 last year for £22. I can't find Chaos;Child any cheaper than £30.

Normally I prioritize LRG releases (because they're a once-and-done deal); followed by Asian-English releases (because they can get rare quite quickly) and I leave retail games to get down the line.

But I noticed the other day that like... none of the used game stores around me have copies of LEGO Star Wars. It must have received a much, much smaller shipment than previous LEGO games. Things like Mary Skelter and like Collar x Malice seem to be getting tiny runs. So now I feel like I should pick up those in case they become hard to find.

And that's on top of the fact that I want to buy a load of digital games just in case the licences get pulled. I already missed out on things like Midnight Club 3 and you never know what'll disappear next (Tekken 2 being de-listed was a surprise).

https://twitter.com/koeitecmoeurope/status/911213521530163205

We don't get to finish the Atelier Mysterious trilogy on Vita in the west. Atelier Lydie & Suelle skipping Vita for western release.

That's a shame. It's funny, it's only been a few months since I wrote an article gushing about how Koei-Tecmo's western Vita support has been great, only for them to skip every title since I wrote the article.

I must have jinxed it. Sorry guys :(

Knew it. They're simply swapping their Vita support slot in the West to Switch.

On another note, I haven't been keeping up with the ongoing Summon Night 6 saga - is it actually out this month?

oldmario

this happened i think last year with Yomwari, basically the stock came damaged and Nisa recalled the stock and sent out new stock like 2 weeks later, but my copy in the LE

It's so weird being at this point in Vita's life where physical releases at retail are drying up.

Like, I bought Steins;Gate 0 last year for £22. I can't find Chaos;Child any cheaper than £30.

Normally I prioritize LRG releases (because they're a once-and-done deal); followed by Asian-English releases (because they can get rare quite quickly) and I leave retail games to get down the line.

But I noticed the other day that like... none of the used game stores around me have copies of LEGO Star Wars. It must have received a much, much smaller shipment than previous LEGO games. Things like Mary Skelter and like Collar x Malice seem to be getting tiny runs. So now I feel like I should pick up those in case they become hard to find.

And that's on top of the fact that I want to buy a load of digital games just in case the licences get pulled. I already missed out on things like Midnight Club 3 and you never know what'll disappear next (Tekken 2 being de-listed was a surprise).

my pre-order for it is standing at £23, wonder if pqube got them to put the price up everywhere because S;G, S;G0, GG and VD have all been around £22 each

my pre-order for it is standing at £23, wonder if pqube got them to put the price up everywhere because S;G, S;G0, GG and VD have all been around £22 each

Where you getting it from? I managed to find it at Shopto for £25 actually, but it's still a bit more expensive.

Shizuka

We don't get to finish the Atelier Mysterious trilogy on Vita in the west. Atelier Lydie & Suelle skipping Vita for western release.

That's a shame. It's funny, it's only been a few months since I wrote an article gushing about how Koei-Tecmo's western Vita support has been great, only for them to skip every title since I wrote the article.

It's all your fault.

deanote666

My girlfriend has the game, as well.
Under Customize, choose Setting, left choice for the outfits. There you can choose the character with the top left window. Touch the right window to switch between outfits and confirm with O. Leave the menu with X.

The right choice under Setting is for the backgrounds and works the same.

Hope this helps!

Thanks! This worked!

Many IFI/NISA games arrived with very low stock in the last couple of months, but mostly just for the first 2-3 weeks. It will settle after a while. Atleast in Germany with the big stores here.

Also you can always buy IFI games directly at their store, if you don't find it anywhere else.

autoduelist

So... two odd Toukiden questions:

I asked a couple weeks ago about vanilla verses Kiwami...

But I just went to the store....

Question 1:
Toukiden: Age of Demons oddly has -two- buttons for me, 'Add to Cart' AND 'Download'. Does that mean I already own it? It usually replaces the 'Add to Card' button with the Download button, so I don't understand why I have both.

I'm going to assume I bought it during a sale. But searching my inbox I don't see a playstation receipt, even though i do kind of remember thinking I might buy it during a good sale a year or so ago ($5?).

Does anyone know why I might be able to download it if I don't own it? They haven't switched the store to make it download demos if you don't own something, have they?

Question 2:
I was about to buy Kiwami at the store this weekend. If I do own vanilla, I guess I can skip Kiwami for now?

Saphirax

So... two odd Toukiden questions:

I asked a couple weeks ago about vanilla verses Kiwami...

But I just went to the store....

Question 1:
Toukiden: Age of Demons oddly has -two- buttons for me, 'Add to Cart' AND 'Download'. Does that mean I already own it? It usually replaces the 'Add to Card' button with the Download button, so I don't understand why I have both.

I'm going to assume I bought it during a sale. But searching my inbox I don't see a playstation receipt, even though i do kind of remember thinking I might buy it during a good sale a year or so ago ($5?).

Does anyone know why I might be able to download it if I don't own it? They haven't switched the store to make it download demos if you don't own something, have they?

Question 2:
I was about to buy Kiwami at the store this weekend. If I do own vanilla, I guess I can skip Kiwami for now?

That's probably the demo and not the full version.

Ventara

Had a feeling this might happen. Guess I'll buy this trilogy on the PS4. Just as well since I've read the last one doesn't run well on the Vita.

i-Jest

Ugh, whatever dude. Add it to the list of dream localizations that won't come. Still though, this feels like a "fuck you" move. I don't play the games but aren't the majority of the fans on Vita? Or have enough Vita owners already made the jump to Switch to warrant this change? I guess numbers will tell after sales start to show. Still though, I hate this. Bitter taste in my mouth is bitter. :(

All we can really do is choose to support what is still coming, and hope some cool surprises are on the way to send the platform out with a bang.

AniHawk

Ugh, whatever dude. Add it to the list of dream localizations that won't come. Still though, this feels like a "fuck you" move. I don't play the games but aren't the majority of the fans on Vita? Or have enough Vita owners already made the jump to Switch to warrant this change? I guess numbers will tell after sales start to show. Still though, I hate this. Bitter taste in my mouth is bitter. :(

All we can really do is choose to support what is still coming, and hope some cool surprises are on the way to send the platform out with a bang.
dude the system is going out with a bang in 2017. it is happening now with mary skelter, danganronpa, ys viii, demon gaze ii, and tokyo xanadu.

regarding vita vs switch it is a no brainer. retailers want switch games and they dont want vita games. 1000 preorders of a vita game means 2000 orders from a retailer but 1000 preorders of a switch game is like 5000 orders and that is with a higher buying price. so it makes no sense to put out a version of a game that might siphon sales from the more successful platform especially when you need to spend additional overhead to get that version out the door too.

Jimrpg

Star Wars The Force Awakens is still available at 365games/ozgameshop for 17 pounds.

I have noticed alot of Vita games, and niche games in particular, the physical runs are really limited and the price kept higher by either the distributor or the retailer, at least this year. I know that if I really want a physical version of Trails of Cold Steel on Vita, I have to pay full price even though the game came out almost 3 years ago. About the only games that get a discount on the physical version is PQube games where Steins;gate 0 and Root Letter can be had for cheaper after a few months

I have a few games left on Vita that I really want to get, but at the same time, they're also out on Steam so if its significantly cheaper, I might just begrudgingly get it there. Not ideal, but its hard to say no to 75% off.

The Vita looks like its about done when 2017 finishes, I guess there'll be some digital releases next year, but without physical releases, games are going to go as quietly as Caligula did, I don't see anyone talking about that anymore, I don't think many games will be worth bringing over on the Vita, the localization cost will just be too high and they won't sell enough copies. I expect the Vita will come to a pretty quick end next year, when more gamers finally get a Switch.

Bowl0l

I dodged a bullet there. Luckily I bought earlier entries on Steam. I will probably wait for the inevitable trilogy bundle for PS4 if I want to play on a Vita.

dude the system is going out with a bang in 2017. it is happening now with mary skelter, danganronpa, ys viii, demon gaze ii, and tokyo xanadu.

regarding vita vs switch it is a no brainer. retailers want switch games and they dont want vita games. 1000 preorders of a vita game means 2000 orders from a retailer but 1000 preorders of a switch game is like 5000 orders and that is with a higher buying price. so it makes no sense to put out a version of a game that might siphon sales from the more successful platform especially when you need to spend additional overhead to get that version out the door too.

Koei-Tecmo producing physical copies of Atelier on Vita that retailers can order? What bizarre parallel universe have you been in for the past 6 years, Ani? :p

In other news, Attack on Titan 2 now confirmed for Vita. And Switch. Mean basically means it's confirmed no Vita version in the west:

http://gematsu.com/2017/09/koei-tecmo-attack-titan-2-launch-ps4-switch-ps-vita-pc-japan

Also, for some reason, Play-Asia have a US-physical version of Secret of Mana listed. Since Gematsu are saying it's digital-only I don't believe this, but thought it was worth sharing:

https://www.play-asia.com/secret-of-mana/13/70bjef

Quixzlizx

I asked this in the Flash Sale thread but didn't get a response, so here goes:

Are the PS4 and Vita versions of Digimon essentially the same?

Thanks
\/\/\/

Still making progress on Cosmic Star Heroine Vita. Furthest I've gotten so far is a playthrough from the start of the game to the underwater dungeon before a crash. I think I know what's causing the latest crash though and it shouldn't be too hard to fix.

I love the Vita as much as anybody but the Atelier series switching to Switch is only a good thing in my mind. I picked up one of the earlier Vita ports (Totori I think?) and the performance & loads bothered me even back then - I've heard the sequels are even worse in that regard. A portable Atelier game without visual, performance, or load compromises is just what I would need to get back into the series.

Ventara

I love the Vita as much as anybody but the Atelier series switching to Switch is only a good thing in my mind. I picked up one of the earlier Vita ports (Totori I think?) and the performance & loads bothered me even back then - I've heard the sequels are even worse in that regard. A portable Atelier game without visual, performance, or load compromises is just what I would need to get back into the series.

I think the issue is not that it's moving to Switch, more that we don't get to complete the trilogy on Vita when we got the first 2, and given the fact that it is releasing on Vita in Japan and is getting localised, it just sucks that Vita gets left out for us in the west.

Geido

Quick question: I'm playing Resident Evil 2 on my Vita right now, and when I googled how to get it full screen, I saw some posts regarding burn-in because of the black bars used when you don't use full screen. I'm a fan of playing things their in their original ratios (normal), but I don't want to damage my Vita while doing so. Is there any truth to the burn-in rumours? I have the original OLED version.

Top Bottom