• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty 4 trailer is online

Tokubetsu

**** the haters, this looks shit hot. I love you Infinity Ward. All the levels look incredible and the variety..*fap fap fap*

Odrion

Banned
~Kinggi~ said:
You know you wouldnt stand out as such a blatant troll if you didnt go in and actually EDIT the last part of your sentence to make sure everyone knew it was so very FAR away from impressive, as opposed to just not impressive.

You really think the game has good graphics? It irritates me that the series is quite comfortable with having dated graphics. What's even more confusing are the people going "Is this real or touched up?"

On a more positive note it looks like nukes will be used!

nuke.png

Das-J

Law of the West
On a more positive note it looks like nukes will be used!

What are nukes?

Seriously though, I am not impressed with the graphics at all. If IW were going to do this right they would need a new engine.

raYne

I'm pretty "eh" on the visuals. Loving the setting however. At the very least, it'll be way better than COD3. Which I skipped because.. well, you know.

This game's begging for either online co-op or a gamemode that trumps Vegas' Terrorist Hunt. Preferably both!

Crypto

Banned
Game looks really great.

Guess we don't have many gamers here on NeoGAF, otherwise people would be excited instead of nitpicking.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
JB1981 said:
Thanks Blim.

I can't seem to get your MP4 downloads to work on my PS3 these days. I just tried the new Medal of Honor and COD4 trailers and they just get hung up on the loading screen.

Any ideas ?

Yeah Blim samething happens to me too.

mckmas8808

Crypto said:
Game looks really great.

Guess we don't have many gamers here on NeoGAF, otherwise people would be excited instead of nitpicking.

Yeah I saw this video on the NFL draft and it looked like CGI. It looked too good.

teepo

i'm not going to read through this thread but if anyone even attempted to troll that trailer needs to be banned.

mckmas8808

GitarooMan said:
Saw the commercial during the draft, thought it looked hot. Looking forward to it.

Yeah me too. Most people here didn't see it and it's a shame.

Hot. I wish they'd give you the option to play on the Russian side in this game as well; Russian CT forces aren't exactly strangers to anti-terror actions.

manxor

Looks awesome, Go IW!
Graphics bitchers really need to start taking scope into account when making critiques (already).

manxor said:
Looks awesome, Go IW!
Graphics bitchers really need to start taking scope into account when making critiques (already).

Yeah, although I expect this to become a far more accepted argument once Halo 3 comes out and fails to look as detailed as Gears of War in every square inch of the game.

bengraven

Oh my God, the trolling in here is terrible; please use your omnipotent banstick to remove them forever.

I could care less about normal mapping. I could care less about what platform it is on. CoD2 had terrible textures, but it had something that few games pull off these days and I hope, hope, HOPE sees a return in this one:

SIXTY. FRAMES. PER SECOND.

kenta

Has no PEINS
yaaaaaaaaaaaaawn

Call of Duty has lost all meaning for me, it just doesn't look original anymore. I loved the intensity of the games I played (1 and 2) but the setting of this just isn't appealing enough to suck me in even for that same adrenaline rush

Rayme said:
All the links I've seen so far have been to the 24fps version of the trailer.

This is the 60fps one; much smoother, and the color looks a lot better. Big difference from the other one(s), imo.

http://www.infinityward.com/video/cod4mw_HD720p_60fps.mov

Giant download, though, 367 megs. o_O

God damn!

And holy shit, people are downplaying the visuals in the trailer?! What the hell?! Seriously, WTF?!

Man, sometimes I f'n give up on you people.

mckmas8808

HomerSimpson-Man said:
God damn!

And holy shit, people are downplaying the visuals in the trailer?! What the hell?! Seriously, WTF?!

Man, sometimes I f'n give up on you people.

We could get that Killzone video ingame and people would still complain.

MGHA

My computer is way to slow to run quicktime. I guess I have to wait untill someone puts that on a different site.

Wollan

This game looks amazing.
What's so great is that it seems so incredibly varied but still nails every aspect and look with top notch animation. It seems like pretty much every on foot style warfare you can imagine is in this game. And again, the way the soldiers are portrayed is very professional.

Smokey

mckmas8808 said:
Yeah I saw this video on the NFL draft and it looked like CGI. It looked too good.

Are we watching the same trailer?

I don't see it. It looked OK graphic wise. Way too much normal mapping or maybe it's just the way it's applied I dunno, but it just looks 'messy' to me.

Smokey Bones said:
Are we watching the same trailer?

I don't see it. It looked OK graphic wise. Way too much normal mapping or maybe it's just the way it's applied I dunno, but it just looks 'messy' to me.
Thing is, the trailer that's been posted on many websites has an awful lot of compression. Worse than IGN at times, which is illogical for a debut trailer. I'm downloading the 358 MB version Rayme posted to see whether or not there's a noticeable difference.

element

i am still impressed the second time watching it. I downloaded the 350 MB trailer and it is nice. The animation is sick.

Ceb

The character models look out of place. Too cartoony for a game like this. The game world is reasonably detailed, but it will probably be as reliant on scripted sequences as always with CoD. Add some static environments and you get a game that is alright but not much more.

The MGS ripoffs are amusing. I'm also surprised to see element fawning over this. Where are those "sick" animations you speak of?

Smokey

Ceb said:
The character models look out of place. Too cartoony for a game like this. The game world is reasonably detailed, but it will probably be as reliant on scripted sequences as always with CoD. Add some static environments and you get a game that is alright but not much more.

The MGS ripoffs are amusing. I'm also surprised to see element fawning over this. Where are those "sick" animations you speak of?

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Miktar said:
I have an interview with Grant Collier, CEO of Infinity Ward on the 4th, specifically to talk about Call of Duty 4. Any questions I should ask, from the NeoGAF side of things? I'll post replies here once the interview is over.

Would you mind asking him if there are any plans for a Wii version?

Thanks

Grant Collier ran us through some levels today - NDA prohibits me from saying anything until June 13th but I have to say, wow. I think the PC gamers who felt 'slighted' by the Tryarch-developed CoD3 being console only, will forgive Activision that trespass once they play CoD4.

It's a no-brainer, I know: but CoD4 is ftw in my eyes.

mckmas8808

Miktar said:
Grant Collier ran us through some levels today - NDA prohibits me from saying anything until June 13th but I have to say, wow. I think the PC gamers who felt 'slighted' by the Tryarch-developed CoD3 being console only, will forgive Activision that trespass once they play CoD4.

It's a no-brainer, I know: but CoD4 is ftw in my eyes.

Who do you work for?

RumFore

Banned
Ceb said:

MGS ripoffs? Enlighten us.

AltogetherAndrews said:
This announcement inspired me to give COD3 another chance, and oh man. COD3 is like a ****ing parody of COD2. I wonder how that makes IW feel.
*remembers QTE of the first level*

Allied soldiers: "Hey look, our fellow soldier is fighting that nazi up close and personal, let's just watch our friend kill the nazi and joke about it when he joins us to kill more nazi's, LOL."

Top Bottom