• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This site let's you control robots with web cams mounted on them all around the world

jillytot

http://runmyrobot.com/

There are several bots build by different people to choose from. Some streams have multiple robots in the same room.

One of the cool features they have is taking gif snapshots!

gif-snapshot-1495076011352.gif

snapshot-1495081560479.jpg

gif-snapshot-1495007419890.gif

gif-snapshot-1494959446821.gif

gif-snapshot-1494936350777.gif

gif-snapshot-1494816746225.gif

gif-snapshot-1494652338008.gif

gif-snapshot-1494648687453.gif

Adventures so far have included running around on the streets of San Francisco, wrecking some guy's apartment, playing with a room full of cats with an onboard laser, and pestering strangers on the street for Pepsi and uber rides.

Other important things to note:
The chat is a global chat, so everyone can see what everyone is saying. I think this will get fixed as the site grows.
You can select different robots, if you are on desktop, just scroll down. Live bots have a red dot next to them.
The mobile site is pretty basic, and needs a lot more work.
Everything is still pretty early in development, so keep checking back and things will continually improve.
There is a known bug with the sound getting choppy sometimes. It'll get fixed in time.
The server was just upgraded, so now it should handle much more traffic. When i posted this thread yesterday it instantly caused the site to crash. : X

Here is a related video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzWNgoYJLqM

The link one more time:
http://runmyrobot.com/

Happy roboting!

Steel

Banned
This can't possibly end well. Either people use it for something they shouldn't or it'll drive into the street and get run over by a car.

eso76

Omg this is beyond amazing.

Not that I could get anything to work yet, but I would imagine it could be.

Years ago this old guy (think he went by the name Trainguy or something) had web cams all over his house and you could turn the lights off and on. He had disco lights in his bedroom you could turn on as well. My wife and I woke him up a couple of times.

jillytot

Years ago this old guy (think he went by the name Trainguy or something) had web cams all over his house and you could turn the lights off and on. He had disco lights in his bedroom you could turn on as well. My wife and I woke him up a couple of times.

Yea one of the founders has his bots on 24/7, and they have wrecked his place. They have also knocked over furniture, and threw important documents in the trash:
LegalSadGemsbuck.gif

This is crazy. Kind of surreal too. It's like playing a horror movie or something, going to start seeing some creepy stuff while exploring

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
The connection in one of the stream had absolutely no lag. The robot said what I typed in the exact second I hit enter.

Pretty impressive.

I'm the CEO of CRW (controlled robots waifus) corporation.

Pre-order now and receive a free bottle of "oil it everyday(tm)".

CRW, dare to love

jillytot

Ok, that was mildly amusing. Must be kind of weird having this robot going around in your house.

I imagine you get used to it. It's kinda like owning a pet, except smarter, and occasionally more malicious. The best part is the "off" switch.

jillytot

I'm the CEO of CRW (controlled robots waifus) corporation.

Pre-order now and receive a free bottle of "oil it everyday(tm)".

CRW, dare to love

Tele-operated spouses, for when you are too busy to develop a meaningful relationship with a single human being in meat space. You should pitch it to Shark Tank.

Top Bottom