• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 PC Beta Dates, and Specs

Blam

Destiny 2 PC Beta
  • Early Access: August 28
  • Open Beta: August 29
  • Beta Ends: August 31
Recommended Spec
CPU
  • Intel - Core i5-2400
  • AMD - Ryzen R5 1600X
GPU
  • Nvidia - GeForce GTX 970
  • AMD - Radeon R9 390
RAM
8GB
Minimum Spec
CPU
  • Intel - Core i3-3250
  • AMD - FX-4350
GPU
  • Nvidia - GeForce GTX 660 2GB
  • AMD - Radeon HD 7850 2GB
RAM
  • 6GB
If you're looking to build a PC for Destiny 2. Bungie also recommended some parts you will definitely be able to play the game on.

Recommended
  • CPU - Intel Core i5-7400
  • GPU - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
Minimum
  • CPU - Intel Pentium G4560
  • GPU - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2GB
Bungie's Event Machine
  • CPU – Intel i7-7700k
  • GPU – Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti 11GB

Taken from Bungie Blog

Turn me into a console if old.

edit:

So I was snooping around the Blizzard Client traffic, and I found there's a hidden listing for Destiny 2 on the mac? It's specifically called Destiny2_mac. I'll take a look into it more when I get the chance to.

But has that ever been mentioned? Also the beta client is gonna be 29gb for PC.

GrizzNKev

Banned
I had a feeling this game would be optimized well given it likely runs above its target framerate most of the time on PS4.

Psykoboy2

I'll get in like...a day of this, maybe, before flying out to PAX.

Although apparently Bungie will be there for 3 days in one of the theaters.

Interested too see if my i7-4770k and 980ti will get 60fps locked Ultra at 1080p. I haven't upgraded my PC recently but I'd hope that's doable

Really excited to try this on PC and see how different it feels with M&K

rrs

No download size listed seems odd, I'd have to pass if the beta is like 50 GB or something equally overkill

No download size listed seems odd, I'd have to pass if the beta is like 50 GB or something equally overkill

It was 12-13 GB on console so it shouldn't be much larger than that on PC. For those worried about the short time frame of the PC Beta, don't be as the amount of content here is minuscule with zero progression and no patrol playspace. It's a glorified demo with 3 separate game modes (story mission, strike, and PvP on two maps).

Sophia

The specs are a lot more modest than I expected. Was worried my 960 might be a bit dated, so seeing a 970 as the recommended is nice.

Also really like how Bungie offers additional recommendations based upon the hardware that's on the market at the time of release. Think more developers should do that.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Sweet, I’ll try it out on the new 1080 Ti, but I plan to keep the Xbox version still.
Maybe I’ll get it on PC as well to play with a friend.

My PC should handle this game just fine then. I was expecting a bit more in the recommended column. The PC version is probably a lock for $30-$40 come Black Friday so I'll grab it no later than then

Orayn

Reqs seem very reasonable. I wonder if we're going to see a backlash over it requiring 6GB of RAM? Some other new release got review bombed over that apparently.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Reqs seem very reasonable. I wonder if we're going to see a backlash over it requiring 6GB of RAM? Some other new release got review bombed over that apparently.

I don't see why, 8GB is the minimum these days, 16GB+ is pretty common.

noomi

Maaaan, a month away :(

Just got a new 1440p gsync monitor and a 1080ti too, I AM READY FOR THIS. giveittomespeedittomeinmahveins

AEdouard

The specs are a lot more modest than I expected. Was worried my 960 might be a bit dated, so seeing a 970 as the recommended is nice.

Also really like how Bungie offers additional recommendations based upon the hardware that's on the market at the time of release. Think more developers should do that.

Destiny is not a demanding game. It keeps a rock solid 30 fps on both ps4 and xbox one and with both at 1080p. The 2nd one continues that tradition.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Yes! I assume these recommended specs are for 1080p 60fps. My 6700K/1070 will be just fine.

Can't wait! I just hope they have done a good job on the PC version. I really want to buy this on PC and not PS4. 30fps and controller is the stuff of nightmares.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Destiny is not a demanding game. It keeps a rock solid 30 fps on both ps4 and xbox one and with both at 1080p. The 2nd one continues that tradition.

I take it you didn't play the beta then? There were definitely framerate/pacing issues. To be fair it did hold 30fps most of the time but hardly "rock solid"

AEdouard

I take it you didn't play the beta then? There were definitely framerate/pacing issues. To be fair it did hold 30fps most of the time but hardly "rock solid"

I have to admit I didn't play the beta. Was first destiny beta as shaky framerate wise? The final game was pretty much perfect on the performance front. d2 seemed like more Destiny with slightly prettier effects to me.

farisr

I don't know why I'm still holding out hope for some sort of unified account surprise happening once the PC version launches.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I have to admit I didn't play the beta. Was first destiny beta as shaky framerate wise? The final game was pretty much perfect on the performance front. d2 seemed like more Destiny with slightly prettier effects to me.
d1 was solid for sure at release. can't remember how the beta performed to be honest. i think d2 will be fine at launch too. The beta isn't the latest build so there will be lots of improvements at release.

Blam

Sorry for the bump.

So I was snooping around the Blizzard Client traffic, and I found there's a hidden listing for Destiny 2 on the mac? It's specifically called Destiny2_mac. I'll take a look into it more when I get the chance to.

But has that ever been mentioned?

29gb for the PC Beta/Alpha btw.

Rosur2a

Glad my 970 is recommend still.

Hopefully that means 1080p 60 fps on PC. (maybe having to turn some effects down).

So for everything everyone played, at both the event and E3, it was all 7700K and 1080Ti? There were no other hardware configurations?

Wondering what performance will be like on 6700K and 1080FE. I'm optimistically hoping for 1440p60 on Ultra. That seems reasonable no?

Sorry for the bump.

But has that ever been mentioned?

29gb for the PC Beta/Alpha btw.
Huh that's interesting, never heard that mentioned before, where'd you find it at?

So is the only way to get early access on August 28 by Pre-ordering from battle.net?

No, you can preorder it at stores too.

Blam

Huh that's interesting, never heard that mentioned before, where'd you fine it at?

It was in a cache file inside the Blizzard Client.

I am pretty sure this might have been just a prereq but no other game has a _mac listing for it.

Mupod

The marketing seems pretty Nvidia-focused so here's hoping there's SLI support. I barely played the PS4 beta because I realized how distasteful paying for online has become to me, so I only had the story mission. Definitely looking forward to seeing how Destiny PVP is with a decent FOV and mouse aim.

Joey Ravn

Banned
I've tried to get into Destiny 1 a lot of times on PS4. I know I can enjoy the game, but it's just not getting me hooked (
the 30 FPS performance may be the main issue
).

Should I ditch it and just jump into Destiny 2 on PC? Is Destiny 1 even remotely necessary to understand Destiny 2? I know the characters don't carry over, but I assume there's enough plot and lore that lay the bases of D2 to justify a playthrough, right?

Top Bottom