• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter: World weapon demonstration videos

We also get glimpses of different armors at the beginning of each demo.

The armor in the gunlance demo looked really cool. Very tanky and bulky in a good way. Hell, even the high steel armor which was super ugly actually looks good when rendered in higher quality graphics. Though I only caught the backside of it.

I wonder if SnS will still have that attack that let's you do an aerial while going up a ledge. Made for some fun mounting set ups in 4/Generations.

Looks like it has that as well as a downward shield charge afterward.

CavernousScarceFieldmouse.gif
*Whew*

Everything looks so unique to play. Dual blades and Bow instantly attracted me. I might go Bow first time around.

Qvoth

i legit thought of insect glaive is retarded when i 1st saw it from the newer 3ds games, but this looks really cool here with multiple airdashes, might mess around with it a bit
my main trio will still be gs, hammer and switch axe
dual sword, insect glaive, charge blade for messing around

Orb

The only MH ive played was a psp one from like 2005? But holy shit, this looks fucking rad. That spear(insect glaive maybe?) moveset made me shiver

Orb

Nope, it's very powerful if you know how to use it. One of the top tier weapons in MHXX.

Oh! Hell yeah then. Between that, the glaive, and the bow for me. I do like the quick/constant hits of the dual blades in the trailer though..

popyea

Is the gun lance shitty? It was the most interesting to me as a concept, thats disappointing

Gunlance is great in my eyes. I don't even know what people really mean when they say one weapon is not as good as others. All weapons have situational advantages so you can't be mad that it doesn't do everything.

Gunlance has typically been on the weaker side due to relatively poor balancing (it can still kill most/all monsters in the right hands) and a super move that pisses people off in multi and doesn't put out enough damage. It looks much cooler than it is, I guess. Hopefully this time they get its damage in line with other weapons.

The concept is really cool, but it's never clicked for me and I've never seen it among top tier weapons in the mainline series.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
I usually main Bow and my sub is Sword & Shield but I might actually pick up Heavy Bow Gun or Light Bow Gun this time around.

What was that shoulder tackle for GS? A Guard point only during a Charge? I need more info!
I played the hell out of GS. I also really liked IG just I hope the bug upgrade system and maybe the uptime for the buffs got changed a little.

My friends main Lance, Bow, DB, Long Sword, Charge Blade, Switch Axe respectively. Nice to have these friends who usualy don't always like the same game atleasy agree we are all addicted to MH, can't wait to put another couple hundred hours. I never topped over 1000 hours in any one game but I believe I have like 500-600 in multiple ones. The G crown people are even to crazy for me lol.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Wow, some crazy new mobility options on dual blades and insect glaive. No styles or arts from Generation but the game stays fresh!

Always nice to see these weapon demos, but they have a bad effect on me. They make me want to play my old mains again, rather than push me towards a new one.

Is the gun lance shitty? It was the most interesting to me as a concept, thats disappointing
Don't worry, "terrible as ever" is just a little bit of melodrama within the community. In Gen 3, some of the Gunlances were the top tier weapons in virtually every situation, and so Capcom rebalanced its mechanics and calculations in response over the next two big entries. The upper echelon of speedrunners moved on to the next type of weapons they could squeeze that little bit more out of, and so some parts of the community has interpreted that migration as the Gunlance being garbage now. It's more than fine for any level of player except those that want to shave seconds off time trials. Just pick what speaks to you.

Charge Axe in HD is gorgeous..

I always found it weird that the best part of the Switch Axe was the sword part and the strongest part of the Charge Blade was the axe. You would think it would be Switch Sword and Charge Axe based on what players generally want to blow shit up with. I know the default forms are axe and SnS respectively, but they aren't the most awesome parts of the weapon.

aravuus

Holy shit some of these look cool

Can't wait to finally try and really get into Monster Hunter with this! This is going to be a perfect time waster/podcast game if it clicks

JimPanzer

I always found it weird that the best part of the Switch Axe was the sword part and the strongest part of the Charge Blade was the axe. You would think it would be Switch Sword and Charge Axe based on what players generally want to blow shit up with. I know the default forms are axe and SnS respectively, but they aren't the most awesome parts of the weapon.

In the japanese version the charge blade is called charge axe and the switch axe is called slash axe.

p3n

Is that the "dumbed down", "simplified", "tailored towards a western audience" MonHun experience the internet warned me about?

Top Bottom