• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

LycanXIII

I think they should preview a couple different layouts for the E3 stream before hand so they can see what works best. Last year was good, but there could always be improvements.

I think they should preview a couple different layouts for the E3 stream before hand so they can see what works best. Last year was good, but there could always be improvements.

Oh my goodness, I must be tired. I read layouts as layoffs and was thinking, "Why in the world would they preview potential departures?"

Servbot24

Banned

Keep in mind it takes a lot of work to set up just one... so to set up several may not be worth the undertaking

Unless you're just talking about simple Twitch settings or something

mizuk_i

So Destiny 2 video just got put up and Jones makes a comment about it coming a week before Red Dead. Wonder if he made a slip or just wishful thinking but he sounded confident saying it.

So Destiny 2 video just got put up and Jones makes a comment about it coming a week before Red Dead. Wonder if he made a slip or just wishful thinking but he sounded confident saying it.

Whatever it is let's never speak of it.

7S03Q.gif

El-Suave

Judge Jones won't be able to participate in the betting special either, won't he? I hope the inside info isn't spread among the Allies too much so it doesn't have too much impact on the bets or the genuine reactions.

Deimo5

He could be the referee or whatever Damiani was last time if he has time to be there.

This is the chance for DamiArmsi to reveal himself

Hasney

He could be the referee or whatever Damiani was last time if he has time to be there.

This is the chance for DamiArmsi to reveal himself

It's Ultima V Cold Blooded in what I'm assuming is the traditional team betting format. Brandon can be the host like Ultima V Huber.

Auctopus

I really don't think RDR2 is the type of game to to appear at Judge's Week. I also think Jones is too much of a Pro to let confidential information like that slip if it was there. He could've just been using the rumoured "September" release as an estimate.

Either way, exciting times ahead.

Hasney

I really don't think RDR2 is the type of game to to appear at Judge's Week. I also think Jones is too much of a Pro to let confidential information like that slip if it was there. He could've just been using the rumoured "September" release as an estimate.

Either way, exciting times ahead.

Yeah, Rockstar doesn't normally do E3 in any capacity. Still, if when the embargo's up and someone mentions it was there and a release date comes out, we shall never speak of this again.

Hasney

Plus, with Kyles plan, this is a likely one off bump (that still needs to clear too, but we have a buffer!). It might not even be sustainable from the people doing it for every single month.

But come the 1st, hopefully this clears and we see some awesome shit.

Deimo5

Last couple of month starts have been 42,146 (peak 43,540) and 41,719 (peak 43,675) so it probably needs some more increase to hold over 44k. Then it is so close to Trailer Jones too.
Maybe if there is another E3 bump and enough of that sticks, but they haven't mentioned much on that topic so far.

MrMette

I was thinking the same thing when he said that. But it's possible he didn't mean that literally, but just that RDR2 (how it's announced now), will be around the corner when Destiny 2 releases.

and yeah, R* usually is at E3 as far as I understand (heard this from some websites/outlets before), but not with their games. They just roam around in the closed off sections making deals and talking with the industry.

Btw: I love Kyle is doing a show and I think it's an interesting idea.
I hope it can stay interesting for 10 episodes, but knowing Kyle, it probably is.

I am looking forward to it.
I do agree that a public youtube video would be a good thing, but it seems like he doesn't want that pressure, which is understandable.

Auctopus

didnt rockstar 'debut' the gta5 remaster during sonys e3 2014 show?

Yeah, that's one of the minor exceptions. Even then, the game wasn't a new announcement, plenty of strong rumours already had spoken of a Remastered version accompanying the PC release. Additionally, it appeared at Sony's conference because there was exclusive content Sony wanted to show off.

When people talk about "Rockstar not doing E3", it's things like brand new game/trailer announcements. R* do that on their own time.

Judge's Week games are rarely megaton games, even when the biggest games do turn up at E3, they're usually behind closed doors/hands off presentations. Like Jones added on the Gundam stream, sometimes it's even smaller titles that don't want to be caught up in the pandemonium of E3 Week.

Hasney

didnt rockstar 'debut' the gta5 remaster during sonys e3 2014 show?

Yeah, it could still be at a console stage show and I'd say is likely to show up during Sonys conference with the marketing deal. Even when that happens, they still never have the game playable on the floor or in the judging events. At least previously that's been the case.

Auctopus

Yeah, I probably sound like I'm moving goalposts.

It's not impossible for a story trailer to turn up at Sony's conference but it'd be a rare event. When you look at the larger E3 timeline, in comparison to other big developer/publishers like Ubisoft/EA/THQ etc. R* just don't do things that way anymore. They can say what they like, when they like and rest of the industry listens. So, why throw at an announcement in the midst of E3 when they can pick a quieter part of the year and get just as much attention, if not more?

Deimo5

I do agree that a public youtube video would be a good thing, but it seems like he doesn't want that pressure, which is understandable.

Wouldn't that be weird if your audience is going to be the youtube public (eventually)?
I wondered if it was just because it's a low budget video on his couch.

MrMette

Wouldn't that be weird if your audience is going to be the youtube public (eventually)?
I wondered if it was just because it's a low budget video on his couch.

Sure, but as far as I understood from one of the Q&A videos, it seems he doesn't want the pressure. People will pick up on it once it releases anyway.

I do agree that I think it would be better if more people know about this, but if he has anxiety about creating a new show (which it seems to be the case), then I don't think the extra pressure will be helping.

luchadork

Yeah, I probably sound like I'm moving goalposts.

It's not impossible for a story trailer to turn up at Sony's conference but it'd be a rare event. When you look at the larger E3 timeline, in comparison to other big developer/publishers like Ubisoft/EA/THQ etc. R* just don't do things that way anymore. They can say what they like, when they like and rest of the industry listens. So, why throw at an announcement in the midst of E3 when they can pick a quieter part of the year and get just as much attention, if not more?

because sony have paid them for marketing rights? its honestly a given that we'll see an RDR2 trailer of some sort during their press conf. from there, its not a stretch to imagine a release date at the end of it. so maybe someone that jones talked to has gotten wind of that and let jones in on it?

sidebar: gta 4 reveal at x360 e3 2006 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11qCQ-Ov-Q4

Deimo5

Sure, but as far as I understood from one of the Q&A videos, it seems he doesn't want the pressure. People will pick up on it once it releases anyway.

I do agree that I think it would be better if more people know about this, but if he has anxiety about creating a new show (which it seems to be the case), then I don't think the extra pressure will be helping.

Bloodworth's youtube comment of keeping the video in context as a patreon post makes the most sense to me now that I see it. Since there is no actual patreon video player or anything Youtube is the easy way to upload.

Judge Jones won't be able to participate in the betting special either, won't he? I hope the inside info isn't spread among the Allies too much so it doesn't have too much impact on the bets or the genuine reactions.

Huber doesn't listen 'inside info', even after he's signed a waver to show his reaction to FF7r, he still bet against it being shown at PSX.

If every patron upped a dollar, they'd have a studio right now.
That's what is so crazy to think about. I hope they bring up something like Blood's "one dollar challenge" leading up to/during E3 because people don't realize how much it adds up. Podcast regularly gets 30,000 views, if everyone watching gave only 2 dollars they'd have 60,000.

Huber doesn't listen 'inside info', even after he's signed a waver to show his reaction to FF7r, he still bet against it being shown at PSX.
To be fair, that could've easily just been "look at these reactions, ok here's Square Enix to say some PR and please be excited" vs. actual gameplay

I think its pretty obvious that most people have the mindset of "Well i dont want to sign up to Patreon just to give a dollar". They dont understand how much $1 helps them, if all of their youtube subscribers gave 1 dollar every other month they would have their studio.

A $1 pledge is huge for them, you're helping so much when you do that.

I would love to see one of the Allies, any of them, do a full play through of FIFA 17's The Journey.

Huber's "Let's go for a couple of goals" comment when talking about FIFA Switch was hilarious.

Fou-Lu

I increased my pledge from $5 to $10. At this point EZA is my main entertainment outside of playing games myself, so I should at least be giving them Netflix money. I would like to give more, but my money situation over the summer is currently nebulous.

Mista Koo

Upped my pledge from $1 to $5. If enough others in the $1 tier can afford the same we can get Trailer Jones too.
I don't care about Trailer Jones :p

I thought about upping to $5 a while back, but A) I don't care for the benefits B) I would feel more entitled. The $1 tier suits me well because it's low enough that I can keep it regardless of how I feel about them at a certain time or if I don't even have time to watch their content.

ShadyK54

I would love to see one of the Allies, any of them, do a full play through of FIFA 17's The Journey.

Huber's "Let's go for a couple of goals" comment when talking about FIFA Switch was hilarious.

If we're talking sports games, I'd like to see NBA 2K16's 'Livin' da Dream' (the MyCareer mode).

I want to see their reaction/hear their thoughts on the worst 'best friend' character in video games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom