• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boruto |OT| Naruto Next Generations

Desmond

Another safe episode. Enjoyed seeing Sakura and Shizune, though I felt Sakura's seiyuu sounded a bit different.

Sarada went there to find things out not stay there. Come on bro, at least put some effort into it.
Don't really care. Much like DBS, shallow continuations of series, long after the author has concluded his storyline do nothing for me. The characters do not feel themselves and neither do the relationships.
Every week without fail haha.

ほな、見なくてええやん

You can assume, but it was never something that was confirmed or shown beforehand, that's why it feels like it came out of nowhere for people. Because I would always assume that only the snake itself would poof away and Sasuke would be left behind regardless. Until that moment anyway.

Also you said the reason he jumped in Manda instead of just desummoning is because "the heat was getting to him" http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=244593867&postcount=1307 Weren't you implying light = heat? Or are you saying the light isn't damaging him? Light is heat according to real world psychics.

Dude, if Sasuke is in the snake then of course he would poof with the snake.

The light is not the damage. I already said this. Deidara starts to glow before he explodes.

next week is the Himawari episode so I expect a rant on how bad Boruto the anime is and the "ratings are apparently trash" ;P

As irrelevant as Himawari is, its better than focusing on filler characters. Ratings are a lost cause. Boruto series' only hope is Gaiden brings in viewers but I doubt that.

As irrelevant as Himawari is, its better than focusing on filler characters. Ratings are a lost cause. Boruto series' only hope is Gaiden brings in viewers but I doubt that.
How you can somehow parody your own self is beyond me.
Too meta for me lol.

Gaiden is after this weeks episode so by then you will hopefully be a happy camper.

Fj0823

What a strange turn of events after reading the Naruto manga for years and ignoring Shippuuden

Indeed, Shippuuden had the problem of the studio producing pointless fillers that felt out of place within the manga story.

While now the team is producing a show that tries to capture early Naruto while still having hints of late game Naruto craziness....While The manga is obsessed with Sarada's ass.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I wanted to watch The Boruto movie. So this takes play before that magna chapter with Sarada, Naruto, Sakura, and Sasuke?
Yes, we're basically in chapter 700 right now, as in they are kids at school, tho they are older most likely because its suppose to be their "last year"

Dude, if Sasuke is in the snake then of course he would poof with the snake.

The light is not the damage. I already said this. Deidara starts to glow before he explodes.

No. There's nothing that established that at all. Manda and Sasuke are two separate beings, so with the knowledge we had beforehand it was not a sure conclusion to jump to, it was something you could only assume at best.

So you're saying the light is not damage, but Sasuke was already getting hurt by the heat, which is why he had to jump in Manda before desummoning? Though now you're saying the reason he had to jump in is so he'd be poofed away. Your argument throughout this discussion has little consistency and just shows how much of a sloppy coup that whole thing was.

Boruto jumping on Naruto was the best part of todays episode, followed by Konohamaru stepping in his for his Naruto nii chan at the ceremony, lol.

Hinata being the ramen queen, was WHAT?!

EhoaVash

Lol i thought this episode was just going to be a waste since they already did this story in the OVA, was gonna skip it but i'm glad i didn't.

ending was pretty funny lol ramen queen being hinata.

love boruto's i'm too cool for this attitude yet at the same time enjoying it. Its like he's trying hard to be sasuke like but just can't resist being a kid

anyway Gaiden Hype woop woop

also rip old man ichiraku?

Lol i thought this episode was just going to be a waste since they already did this story in the OVA, was gonna skip it but i'm glad i didn't.

love boruto's i'm too cool for this attitude yet at the same time enjoying it. Its like he's trying hard to be sasuke like but just can't resist being a kid

Here for uchiha shenanigans and chocho saucyness

Morlas

also rip old man ichiraku?
probably just retired

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
While now the team is producing a show that tries to capture early Naruto while still having hints of late game Naruto craziness....
Is that true though? Early Naruto was pretty much what you'd expect from a shounen. A few (3?) episodes of setup and then they immediately went into Kakashi's test. Zabuza's introduction and first fight with Kakashi was by episode 7 or 8.

Compared to that, Boruto still feels pretty much like a slice of life show.

when he was showing the ratings for Ichiraku ramen I noticed they call Konoha "Leaf CITY" now, interesting.

Also Chou Chou still being awesome, LMAO at monthly ramen eating battles with her Dad.

sturmdogg

Is that true though? Early Naruto was pretty much what you'd expect from a shounen. A few (3?) episodes of setup and then they immediately went into Kakashi's test. Zabuza's introduction and first fight with Kakashi was by episode 7 or 8.

Compared to that, Boruto still feels pretty much like a slice of life show.

I don't know about anyone else, but I like the change in pace. Like Boruto said, it's his story, not Naruto's.

Also, loved Kurama's reaction after getting hit by Himawari.

Then Boruto's reaction to seeing Hinata as the Legendary Glutton Queen...lol.

Morlas

b9ab6b31c83973783ec7bad501a55ffcee84fac5_hq.gif

Slice of life type thing or not, this show is super enjoyable. I think Naruto needed more of this kind of thing. One of my biggest problems with it so far is that "monster of the week" type thing it had going. Probably could have done that a lot better.

That was a great episode, they confirming Hinata as a big eater was really funny. This episode is actually better than the OVA we got with the bluray.

I can only imagine the meltdown that this has caused on PM -since he's banned again-, considering that another thing from the fillers is now canon.

LotusHD

Banned
That was a great episode, they confirming Hinata as a big eater was really funny. This episode is actually better than the OVA we got with the bluray.

I can only imagine the meltdown that this has caused on PM -since he's banned again-, considering that another thing from the fillers is now canon.

How he keep getting banned lol

Anyways yea, enjoyed this episode. As others have said, Boruto can continue to go on this slice-of-life pace for a bit longer, I'm quite into it.

I honestly have always wanted some spinoff character story from the rain village. That place is so interesting to me and I'd love to see a more substantial look at it.

I hope it's still a weird place. It'd be cool to get some conflict involved there as opposed to all this moon people stuff.

Next week we start Gaiden it seems.

I got the feels when we saw older hokage Naruto sitting next his older self eating ramen..

It didn't really hit me in the preview until I saw that scene of Boruto & Naruto on the Hokage monument thing.

jorgejjvr

I honestly have always wanted some spinoff character story from the rain village. That place is so interesting to me and I'd love to see a more substantial look at it.

I hope it's still a weird place. It'd be cool to get some conflict involved there as opposed to all this moon people stuff.

It didn't really hit me in the preview until I saw that scene of Boruto & Naruto on the Hokage monument thing.
The episode is also called Sarada Uchiha just like the name for the first Gaiden chapter

Oh yeah I know but that didn't show up until the end. A lot of things indicate the first chapter of gaiden. I'm just saying when it first hit me :p. That monument scene is probably the most "iconic" scene from gaiden in my own head.

Sasuke leaving Sakura to be a single mother seems like anime karma.

This was a nice episode though I really want to see post-Chuunin exam.

Man every time we see Chou Chou and her family it ups the overall likability of the character for me. Even that OVA that was released makes her even more likable

prudislav

Boruto jumping on Naruto was the best part of todays episode, followed by Konohamaru stepping in his for his Naruto nii chan at the ceremony, lol.

Hinata being the ramen queen, was WHAT?!
Its a reference to the small scene at the end of Shippudden ep. 95 aka http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x91f7q

What a strange turn of events after reading the Naruto manga for years and ignoring Shippuuden
well its different time of deal now ... Naruto Manga was weekly and had quite a head start when anime started ... and when it was close to catching up they did the filler hell of originall Naruto for manga to get the lead again before shippuden started and had the lead throughout the shippuden. And all of it was done by Kishi. Then there were epilogue novels by various authors (Gaara's novel is by Kodachi)

In Boruto its all different ... the idea started with the canon movie (Kishi+Kodachi) and Gaiden (Kishi) and then manga started monthly by redoing the movie in hands of Kodachi as a writer, Kishi'sn long time friend Ikemoto(his major designs of in original naruto are Zabuza, Haku and battle armor of 3rd hokage) as mangaka and Kishi on the side as Editor.
Anime so far has been pre-Movie and currently seems to be close to Naruto Manga chapter 700 + Gaiden next week ... it wont take that much time for anime to overcome the manga just bceause of the pure monthly vs weekly thing (even if they animated remaining novels in meantime) and will probably works same way as DBS

Wild Card

Fantastic episode, even with having already seen the OVA. When I orignally watched it I enjoyed it, but Naruto not getting his shining moment made me go like Wow y'all really took that from him? But this episode improves on that so much by saying that one singular moment doesn't really mean that much, Naruto doesn't really care about waving to a huge crowd, and has already moved on himself with new goals, new dreams. I really want to invoke Fighting Dreamers right about now. Also the moments they brought out the coupon and mentioned the Queen of Gluttony I immediate knew what the were talking about. This series is fantastic at callbacks.

I was smiling the whole episode. My face hurts

Kuhn

. Also the moments they brought out the coupon and mentioned the Queen of Gluttony I immediate knew what the were talking about. This series is fantastic at callbacks.

lol I had to check this thread to know how I knew who was the Queen of Gluttony.
But I loved the callback to Naruto's first date. I find it funny that Naruto doesn't know the real reason why his first date was in Ichiraku.

lol I had to check this thread to know how I knew who was the Queen of Gluttony.
But I loved the callback to Naruto's first date. I find it funny that Naruto doesn't know the real reason why his first date was in Ichiraku.

Hinata used the byakugan when she noticed that Naruto might not have funds in his wallet for the fancy restaurant he wanted to go to

Shouta

Man, latest episode was so great. I really like how they expanded the inauguration day chapter that came with Boruto the movie into something more. Seeing Kurama make the same face that Naruto had when he was hit with the Tenketsu was also an awesome addition.

I am all caught up but I can't help but wonder when will Boruto let go of his issues with dad?

Is this going to remain part of his character throughout the whole series?

Top Bottom