• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lumines: Electronic Symphony |OT| Shake Ya Body

Xander51

I've been going through adding people from the list in the OT and the thread in between messing with the Vita. My download is almost finished, really looking forward to this!

Sallokin

Got my copy today. Please feel free to add me to your friend's list. I'm easy pickings though. Despite my love for this game, I'm rubbish at it.

PSN Name = Sallokin

They thought going mainstream would net them huge sales. They failed. Hoobastank was in the game. Fucking Hoobastank.

I think the only video/song I remotely liked was this one.

Wow never even bought Lumines II, when I seen the track listing included "Missy Elliott - "Lose Control" I said fuck that shit. I had no idea the atrocity that is hoobastank was in there, I heard some where that their band name came from a slang combination of Who's butt stinks.....that about sums them up.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Ok, there is no way the platinum is hidden in the trophy list. Unless they deliberately hide the trophies on the Vita instead of having "hidden trophy."

Ridley327

Wow never even bought Lumines II, when I seen the track listing included "Missy Elliott - "Lose Control" I said fuck that shit. I had no idea the atrocity that is hoobastank was in there, I heard some where that their band name came from a slang combination of Who's butt stinks.....that about sums them up.

The worst part about those songs is there's no effort made to make them act like songs should in the game. You are literally playing over a music video and nothing you do has an impact on how the song is going and vice versa. It's the furthest thing from the synthaesia concept as you're likely to get.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Ok, there is no way the platinum is hidden in the trophy list. Unless they deliberately hide the trophies on the Vita instead of having "hidden trophy."

I don't want to keep pestering Mielke but he's got some explaining to do since he claimed Platinum trophy on PS Blog, Q Ent's and his personal Twitter. I just feel like he misled a lot of people.

Elixist

The worst part about those songs is there's no effort made to make them act like songs should in the game. You are literally playing over a music video and nothing you do has an impact on how the song is going and vice versa. It's the furthest thing from the synthaesia concept as you're likely to get.

So true way to lose track of what made Lumines great in the first place.

JEKKI

oh dangs we sharing hacker aliases?!?!?!

psx: JEKKI

Im getting my pspita tomorrow nite... u can buy this game now rite?!?!

Xander51

I added a bunch of people from the thread and hit the limit for maximum pending friend requests. I'll add more as people accept/I get tired of waiting! :)

Played through the first 10 or so skins earlier just to check it out, it's an amazing game. It's the first time I've felt Lumines truly improved since the original.

The "Rear Touch to Recharge Power" thing is really silly though.

Dingotech

This is pretty well the only launch game that has me interested in a Vita, I played the original Lumines for hours on the PSP.

I bet I would get trashed on the leaderboards though... people have insane skills.

Aru

I also ordered the game for the EU launch. Won't have my copy until the 28th though.
I still don't know if I'll use my US or EU account on my Vita :/
And my ping is TERRIBLE, so I don't even know if I can play online here :(

This is pretty well the only launch game that has me interested in a Vita, I played the original Lumines for hours on the PSP.

I bet I would get trashed on the leaderboards though... people have insane skills.

Yeah, if this wasn't a launch game, I would have saved my money and not bought a Vita. As a Lumines whore, this game was all I needed to get me to buy a Vita. You guys get a week-long head-start before I start posting my mediocre scores.

Damn, I'm rusty as shit with this game. But damn, it feels good to play proper Lumines again, the XBL & PSN iterations were missing some thing magical.

Add me on PSN: Reluctant-Hero

Damn, I'm rusty as shit with this game. But damn, it feels good to play proper Lumines again, the XBL & PSN iterations were missing one thing magical.

Add me on PSN: Reluctant-Hero

I love the PSN/XBLA games because they're loaded with content (100 skins), but control-wise you can't beat a PSP/Vita with that screen right in front of your face. They keep dodging my questions about DLC, but hopefully there's some skin packs planned.

It's a Vita game. The OP makes that quite clear.
9ifJ9l.png

The OP also stated that it was downloadable. Figured it was worth a shot to ask and see if it was also able to be playable on other PS platforms. I'll just make do with the PSN version.

May16

PSLS 9/10
Lumines: Electronic Symphony is the best Lumines yet, the music is incredible, the new modes and features are a nice touch, and it looks gorgeous and vibrant on the Vita’s OLED screen (a theme among all Vita games, it seems). It’s a must have for anyone who enjoyed it on the PSP (or on any platform), and I couldn’t recommend it more highly as a PlayStation Vita launch title. You can’t go wrong with this purchase.

Loved the first ones on PSP. Will be getting this soon~

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
i fell asleep at the controls playing it last night - love it. The music is right up my particular alley.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
It has 3 more skins than the first Lumines (and 60 less than the 2nd Lumines), but also has fewer modes, which doesn't bother me since I thought the VS modes sucked in Lumines.

i actually enjoyed lumines 1 more than 2, even though 2 was way more customizable. it was mostly the song choices i guess.

but sounds good. i'm actually excited to get into lumines again.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Are the scores insanely high yet on the leaderboards?

leaderboards don't seem to be working perfectly. i don't bother with the main leaderboards (never do) but when i go to friend leaderboards it gives me nothing and 0 for myself even. the one leaderboard that appears to be working is the voyage one on the main page afaict

PSN: TheApatheticOne

Bought this and a few other games including Uncharted.... and pretty much ended up only playing this. You can get lost in this game, time just melts away. Great, great game. Very rusty though!

Aru

Could someone tell me about all the gameplay modes ?
Is the puzzle mode back ? I really enjoyed it on PSP.
Spent around 50 hours to unlock everything (and get the maximum score) on Lumines 1 and around 10 hours on the second game. I hope this one has at least 30 hours worth of content (well, it will depend on my skill, I know).

Xander51

Had a good game last night, but lost it right before making it through all the skins.

The level of consistency in the quality of the skins is fantastic. This is the best Lumines game.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
I'm having a blast with the game. Some of the trophies aren't unlocking though which is frustrating. I've done what it takes for the stopwatch trophy and a few others, but they aren't unlocking.

Jaroof

Just played through my second "Voyage".
Got a new high score of 587,882.
Took about 80 minutes..
That puts me at #58 on the scoreboard ^_^
Game is so addictive.

C-Jo

Just played through my second "Voyage".
Got a new high score of 587,882.
Took about 80 minutes..
That puts me at #58 on the scoreboard ^_^
Game is so addictive.
That's ridic.

I'm awful at this game. Hitting 70k-ish on Voyage. Was up way too late last night playing it and can't stop thinking about it at work.

Syn23

That's ridic.

I'm awful at this game. Hitting 70k-ish on Voyage. Was up way too late last night playing it and can't stop thinking about it at work.
You know that you're playing too much when you start dreaming about it.

Top Bottom