• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhammer 40,000 |OT| In the Grim Darkness of the Community Forum There Is Only War

Alpharius is dead as a rock. Though Omegon is so far unaccounted for.
Personally I think Lorgar having a change of heart now that the Imperium is worshipping the Emperor like he preached in the Lectitio Divinitatus would be hilarious.

Yeah, that's who I meant! He played the loooooong con.

http://natfka.blogspot.fi/2017/02/cypher-mortarion-and-more-discussion-on.html

Though apparently the switching sides thing was only on BoLS so take that with a bigger mountain of salt.

Yeah, DakkaDakka likes to straight up shit on people referencing rumor sites and whatnot, so I tend to read through them, roll my eyes, and look for intelligent conversation. Whiiiich usually means me coming over here to see what you guys think.

I tend to read everything with a 'well that'd be cool, but I'll wait to see what happens', but some people get REALLY heated over stuff. You'd think talking about the Primarchs is the next Presidential election.

Starting to bring just one big named character from the past into the actual gameplay fold is exciting, but it also opens the floodgates to what else could be in the mix. I'm just excited to see what happens next.

http://natfka.blogspot.fi/2017/02/cypher-mortarion-and-more-discussion-on.html

Though apparently the switching sides thing was only on BoLS so take that with a bigger mountain of salt.

There doesn't seem to be any mention of more than Mortarion coming back there, though. More Daemon Primarchs is sort of expected, but i don't think they'd bring back the other Loyalist ones.

As for the "Age Of the Emperor" rumour there, that has got to be one of the worst W40K rumours I've ever read, especially with what it would mean for the setting. That's the sort of thing someone who doesn't overly like and doesn't understand the setting would make up. That's basically asking for them to AoS the setting and get rid of it all.

El'Johnson would turn. Him and his filthy Dark Angels have been hunting Cypher, the true hero FYI, for ages. Those guys are dirty. I've said it from the start.

El'Johnson would turn. Him and his filthy Dark Angels have been hunting Cypher, the true hero FYI, for ages. Those guys are dirty. I've said it from the start.

I could perhaps see something like that happening, but the part about a traitor Primarch changing sides doesn't make a lot of sense.

Tacitus_

Lion "Loyalty is its own reward" El'Jonson? Nahh.

Corvus and Russ have been in the Eye of Terror for almost ten thousand years. Or maybe Khan got tortured insane by the DE after he disappeared into the webway.

That's the Titan Legion which are basically giant Psychological Warfare engines right? I just remember their logo being awesome...

Yes. The one that is nothing but Psi-Titans and who knows what else.
latest

Leunam

teTOweq.png

Scans of the next months White Dwarf have surfaced! They say that Guilliman is the first loyalist Primarch, but I'm not sure if that means that more are definitely coming or if it's just a wording goof.

I misread desired as deserved and it changed everything for a brief moment.

Leunam

Ol' Bob Guilliman turned out pretty cool, even though I'm not totally sold on his gilded armor.

I wonder if we're getting a triumvirate for a chaos lord. Would be fitting.

Ah of course, it's listed above.

manfestival

Do you need to read through fall of cadia and fracture of biel tan in order to read in this new book? I hear there is a rumor that a certain beloved bad guy dies

I've not read Horus series in years. I'm like 15 books behind now. I started a book about the chapter that casts magic in some desert planet but never finished it.

Ohnonono

I am going to buy and listen to a BL audiobook for the first time. Was gonna look for suggestions. Gonna get a big unabridged one. I am open to 40K, HH, and AoS, but would prefer to only spend that kind of money on a really good one. Suggest away!

EYEL1NER

I finished the first GG book yesterday. I don't know if I could say that Dan Abnett is my favorite BL author but I guess I understand why he's so high up there for so many people. I was surprised/happy to see characters from Eisenhorn either show up or get mentioned. Though some of the things did wrap up too quickly there at the end (Fereyd's fate, Heldane's fate), I loved that the book had a conclusion that felt like it last more than two pages; it felt like Gaunt and his fireteam were in the tunnels for a while. Like Gaunt himself, I also did not see the twist with Col Flense coming and thought that the cause of the Jantine shame was a lot more simple.
Overall: A+. I liked it a lot. I went down to the garage to sort through that bundle of 41 books that I bought last summer and find Ghostmaker but I didn't see it. I just checked my messages from when I bought them though and there should be a copy in there, so I'll have to look for it and start it soon. I've got the first 8 books, up to Traitor General I believe, and feel like burning through more of those before I return to the Ultramarine omnibus that I started a while back.

EDIT: Just read those spoilers. Pretty intense stuff that Gorrilamon had to go through.

Tacitus_

A stunned silence sweeps over the battlefield for a few moments as the presence of a Primarch seems to fill the massive room. It’s broken by the crazed charge of a lone Bezerker, who rushes Guilliman.

LEEEEEROOYYYY

If there is one thing that I hate about the Warhammer 40k community is the need to have memes in everything. I get you want to be funny, but you just suck at it.

Tacitus_

Wow, so the
Sisters of Silence
are still around?
What have they been doing for the last few thousand years, just chillin?

Probably. They supposedly went extinct in the War of the Beast, as the Orks hunted down their hidden fortresses which the Imperium didn't even know that existed. The last Sister dies in the final battle against the Beast.

Must've had some ultrahidden fortress elsewhere. The joys of an unreliable narrator.

Probably. They supposedly went extinct in the War of the Beast, as the Orks hunted down their hidden fortresses which the Imperium didn't even know that existed. The last Sister dies in the final battle against the Beast.

Must've had some ultrahidden fortress elsewhere. The joys of an unreliable narrator.
I would assume it's on Terra since that is what the big surprise at the end of Wrath of Magnus

Nazo

Not sure if this is new but GW just posted this on Warhammer Community

Warhammer Community Article

I'm really happy they're selling Custodes and Sisters of Silnce in plastic by themselves now. Instead of buying The Burning of Prospero box. (or buying from Forge World)

Kind of Bummed that the Contemptor Dreadnought is just the regular one and not the cool forgeworld one and that either of the vehicles aren't grav tanks but I digress.

(Also, from a lore perspective shouldn't their armor be black if it's meant for 40k, since they changed the color in mourning of the Emperor and their failure to protect him?)

Ohnonono

Not sure if this is new but GW just posted this on Warhammer Community

Warhammer Community Article

I'm really happy they're selling Custodes and Sisters of Silnce in plastic by themselves now. Instead of buying The Burning of Prospero box. (or buying from Forge World)

Kind of Bummed that the Contemptor Dreadnought is just the regular one and not the cool forgeworld one and that either of the vehicles aren't grav tanks but I digress.

(Also, from a lore perspective shouldn't their armor be black if it's meant for 40k, since they changed the color in mourning of the Emperor and their failure to protect him?)
Welp. They got me.

Top Bottom