• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT15| anime only please

shira

Winter Wyvern and Mirana (Ultra Rare)
I hear two of the collector's cache sets are Anuxi's. Anyone know which so I can go get them?

misc-shopkeep.gif
misc-moneybag.gif
misc-rng.gif

shira

Manila Masters Day 4 of 4: Main Event

Format: 4 day, 8 team double elimination brackets, all Bo3 with Bo5 GF
Stream: http://twitch.tv/themastersgg
Game VODS: https://redd.it/6d62g6

Today: Two matches, one Bo3 elimination, one Bo5 Grand Final
-------------
t1495945800z1.png

1. NP vs EG (LB Final, loser $25k)
-------------
t1495963800z1.png

2. Newbee vs Winner 1 (Bo5 Grand Final, winner $125k, loser $50k)
-------------

*note game times are estimates and may not represent actual starting times
**seems like a huge gap between LB final and grand final - prolly more cringe content

Chris R

I love how people don't fucking buy dust when 3 of their heroes have built shadow blades.

Lion's Aghs does a pretty decent job of wave clearing against super 2.5 lanes of super creeps though. Me and Techies (one of the worst techies I've seen, but maybe the 7.00 change made his base turtle a little less effective?) kept the single rax alive while NP tried to rat it while our three cores just ran down mid, did a full wipe/buyback once, and then did it again four minutes later.

so my international solo ranked mmr after calibration is -500 to my normal mmr ranked. MESS.

Mine is too. My last like 4 calibration matches were really bizarre--4k MMR Average (Lost), 3.7k MMR Average (Won), 3.2k MMR Average (Won Hard), 3.0k MMR Average (Blowout Win). So the more it moved me down at the end despite winning the better I did and the harder we stomped, yet for some reason it kept moving me down and I calibrated at like 3.4k when I'm normally around 3.7-3.8k.

I love how people don't fucking buy dust when 3 of their heroes have built shadow blades.

Even better when they insist on continually ganking one of those people with a shadow blade without dust and complaining that nobody has vision.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Tried the Arms Demo thing. Game is pretty fun, but I can't see myself buying it at launch. I'm not the biggest fighting game player, and I usually get whooped when I play online.

shira

Damn, forgot my mouse, only got two games in..

Which hero is the best track pad hero? LPQ here I come.

I heard you can plug headphones into the microphone jack to use as a mic.

Try to plug the power cable into the mouse port and maybe you can get a mouse?

pislit

Mine is too. My last like 4 calibration matches were really bizarre--4k MMR Average (Lost), 3.7k MMR Average (Won), 3.2k MMR Average (Won Hard), 3.0k MMR Average (Blowout Win). So the more it moved me down at the end despite winning the better I did and the harder we stomped, yet for some reason it kept moving me down and I calibrated at like 3.4k when I'm normally around 3.7-3.8k.

i just play my daily quest / other quests on my 3.2k MMR season, normal match is 50/50% chance of full blown crazy shit or stomp, while my 3.7k normal mmr is a too much with 80 minutes super hard games lol.

Qvoth

aui is very poor this game, that's bad for np
rtz's pretty poor too, that's bad for eg
game's still pretty close but np has a small lead, probably 5k-ish networth lead i feel

EG's draft was basically predicated on map control and taking towers early, but that doesn't seem to have happened. I find it hard to believe they can win this game at this point unless they take like 2-3 very favorable team fights.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Yeah, EG's boned.

Lost map control to Nyx scouting out for Io/LC and the mobile QoP, and then there's no space for Arteezy to rat/farm.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
WTF i went to brush my teeth when eg stole roshan and suddenly game ended?
wtf happened?
NP started a messy fight top lane, while Fata just ratted bottom with a DD. After EG fully committed to the fight top and lost 2 or 3 heroes, envy TPed bottom to help Fata kill bottom rax, and it just spiraled from there.

Opening with Ember is actually really smart by NP. EG has no way of knowing if that's a safelane Ember or a Mid Ember so they have to try and draft against both. I think both EE and FATA play a really strong Ember too so it doesn't require them to commit to too much or lose out making someone who's not good take a hero.

I think NP has the stronger draft again. I don't see this Night Stalker accomplishing a lot, and Phoenix doesn't seem that great. Probably decent against BB at least.

Top Bottom