• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSP in 2012 - What's left? 5 RPGS!

Dwayne

Just focusing on the US releases here. Am I missing anything substantial?

Games to Come!

Elminage Original - UFO Interactive - Digital Download - November 20th
pwyMH.png
DBhYd.png

Corpse Party: Book of Shadows - XSeed - Digital Download - Winter (US), Shortly After (EU)
0ZHjS.jpg
hOrHq.jpg

Generation of Chaos: Pandora’s Reflection - NIS America - Digital Download - February 2013
0FBRz.jpg
csJuj.jpg

Carnage Heart EXA - Natsume - Unknown Retail/Digital Release - Early 2013
KOwVH.jpg
Uyz6c.jpg

Black Rock Shooter - NIS America - Unknown Retail/Digital Release - Unknown Release Date
NUSPv.jpg
EErug.jpg

Class of Heroes 2 - MonkeyPaw - Possible Physical Release, Digital Download - Unknown Release Date
kkCql.jpg
1G1LN.jpg

Hakuouki: Warriors of the Shinsengumi - Aksys Games - Unknown Retail/Digital Release - Unknown Release Date
clTpQ.jpg
QHqKz.jpg

Out Now!
Ragnarok Tactics - Aksys Games - Physical Release, Digital Download - Out Now! - NeoGAF OT!
8BkaS.jpg
tucga.jpg

I Am An Air Traffic Controller: Airport Hero Haneda - Sonic Powered JP - Digital Download - Out Now!
q7kVu.jpg
ZGniq.jpg

Final Fantasy III - Square Enix - Digital Download - Out Now!
hCBZg.jpg
Lnuxo.jpg

Gungnir - Atlus - Physical Release, Digital Download - Out Now! - NeoGAF OT!
1WK5Z.jpg
uWvJn.jpg

Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time - Atlus - Physical Release, Digital Download - Out Now! - NeoGAF OT!
En957.jpg
o1ieb.jpg

Unchained Blades - XSeed - Digital Download - Out Now
jza15.jpg
H3fAg.jpg

Hakuoki: Demon of the Fleeting Blossom - Aksys Games - Physical Release, Digital Download - Out Now - NeoGAF OT!
9g6Fa.jpg
QYMk8.jpg

LTTP: Europe
Blazing Souls Accelate - Aksys Games(US)/Rising Star Games(EU) - Physical Release, Digital Download - Out Now (US), Out Now (EU)
21gAj.jpg
OVMEX.png

Fate/EXTRA - Aksys Games(US)/Ghostlight(EU) - Physical Release, Digital Download - Out Now (US),Out Now (EU) - NeoGAF OT!
hbaVw.jpg
0DlKF.jpg

Cancelled
Grand Knights Story

Am I missing anything? What's everyone looking forward to?

Aeana

I wonder if Persona 2 EP PSP will make it to NA within 2012. Atlus sure is busy.

(Update on Growlanser 4, pls)

Bladenic

Is that Unchained Blade game any good?

Only one I'm interested in isn't even listed (and doubtful to be released :(...).

Teknoman

I want an update on Grand Knights History. Gungnir i'm sure of because it looks like a fairly normal Sting RPG, i've kind of got my eye on Growlanser IV.

EDIT: Ah c'mon....damn.

Wait... the first 2 aren't the same game? Thought one was the subtitle of the other...

Can't complain here!

Any non rpgs to pay attention to though?

cj_iwakura

I want an update on Grand Knights History. Gungnir i'm sure of because it looks like a fairly normal Sting RPG, i've kind of got my eye on Growlanser IV.

EDIT: Ah c'mon....damn.

Growlanser is like no other SRPG ever made. It's real-time line-based combat. Very unique.

Ken

GKH is alright. It's really an online-focused game so I felt that the offline content was a little weak. The art style and animation is really nice though.

RedBoot

Well, if we do see Eternal Punishment this year, it probably wouldn't be until Oct-Dec. Which is, actually, about the same time period I'd expect for P4 Golden. Hopefully that won't cause any issues...

Vamphuntr

Never thought I'd see the day when Persona plays second fiddle to Growlanser.

Well to be fair I don't think this is the case. They've simply announced Growlanser before since well P2 EP wasn't announced in Japan yet ;P

And for one, I won't complain since they are taking a huge risk with Growlanser IV anyway.

I do wonder if they will retranslate the whole thing or simply edit the script they had for the original release.

Lombax

Banned
You create and level up squads of units offline and send them into a territorial war online between the three warring factions.

sounds awesome! if this ends up being a digital download I might have to pick up a Vita.

cj_iwakura

Well to be fair I don't think this is the case. They've simply announced Growlanser before since well P2 EP wasn't announced in Japan yet ;P

And for one, I won't complain since they are taking a huge risk with Growlanser IV anyway.

I do wonder if they will retranslate the whole thing or simply edit the script they had for the original release.

I think they'll have to go through the whole thing. As good as EP's script was, it counted Revelations' 'Lunarvale' events as canon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwogH6Keeck

I always use that as my reference point for how good EP's writing was.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I'll be getting at least 3 of those games. Growlancer 4 for sure and likely Black Rock Shooter. That is the low end as 4 others look might interesting.

Cactus

Banned
Definitely buying Growlanser but I'm not so sure about the others.

I'll buy Persona 2: EP if
when
we get that, too.

Thores

I really, really hope that the Grand Knights History delay doesn't end in a cancellation. It's been a priority on my radar since last year.

Ken

sounds awesome! if this ends up being a digital download I might have to pick up a Vita.

It's...alright.

I was kind of expecting it to have a good single player for people who never wanted to go online with it but I never found said single player content.

:(

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
So excited for Growlanser. July can't come soon enough. I want BRS too. Hopefully there's an update on BRS soon.

scy

There will probably be more on Wayfarer of Time before too long. It's in QA now.

Also, for the OP's benefit, Growlanser WoT and Gungnir will be digital releases as well. And there's technically no "IV" in the title of the US version.

They should work for Vita, right? As much as I want physicals for these, I think Vita playing trumps it.

...I'll probably cave and get physical copies later

Vamphuntr

There will probably be more on Wayfarer of Time before too long. It's in QA now.

Also, for the OP's benefit, Growlanser WoT and Gungnir will be digital releases as well. And there's technically no "IV" in the title of the US version.

Excellent, my money is ready.

cj_iwakura

Yeah, I'm aware of your intense and abiding faith in us.

To be fair, Growlanser does not have the best track record in the US. It's like a curse.

I preordered Generations months before it actually released. You can imagine how fun that was.

Top Bottom