• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Mixed2k

YES! RNGesus is with me. He listened to my prayers and gave me the sign of approval towards my madness to farm naga on Fire-Worshipping snake without any drop bonuses. I got her on my 2nd run :D
And now to farm 100 times the titans.

Anyways guys, I have a bunch of metal/gold dragons, they are taking quite a bunch of space and I got literally not a single monster to level from those attributes. Do I use them (the little ones) as fodder for other attributes?
At first I thought on feeding them to a placehold monster and then give it to something else, however that doesn't seem to work on dark like it does to other colors.

The little metal ones are literally useless; they used to be required to evolve Pengdras but they changed that, and their exp feed value is trash. The little gold ones are still used to evolve Baby Tamadra but have no practical purpose otherwise.

121K and 3.9% on first try with Shivagon. There was definitely a couple of points that hurt my score but I'm not sure it would have pushed me into the top 1%. I feel like I'd just be wasting stamina chasing the crown, and it really comes down to RNG, hoping I always have Fire orbs available each turn. It would just be a matter of how many tries before I get the ideal run.

This 3 min stamina is kinda crazy though. Not used to my stam filling so quickly between my play sessions. Go to sleep with 30 stam and wake up with 200!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Well guys, it's been fun. Apparently the account was jacked from me, probably in a way similar to last time. I feel sick. I can't believe I spent money on this game hours before the account vanished from my device, and support can't do a thing about it. I'm like, without words. What an absolutely miserable way to start my weekend. I had some great rolls during that godfest, too. But alas, GungHo has proven to me that I should have never started playing this game again. I'm so ashamed of myself for spending money on this game again just to have my account vanish and GungHo to give literally zero fucks. *sigh*

Keep it real PAD GAF. I honestly cannot take this anymore.

HGH

Banned
Is farming Tower of Flare and Polar Night Flare to start a collection of awakened Ogres an OK thing to do right now? What with the 1.5 boosted drop rate.
EDIT: Oh dang. Sorry dude.
YES! RNGesus is with me. He listened to my prayers and gave me the sign of approval towards my madness to farm naga on Fire-Worshipping snake without any drop bonuses. I got her on my 2nd run :D
And now to farm 100 times the titans.
You lucky devil! I've been going at Castle of Satan forever now and got nothing but fodder. And I tried getting that Titan for like two weekends now.

Well guys, it's been fun. Apparently the account was jacked from me, probably in a way similar to last time. I feel sick. I can't believe I spent money on this game hours before the account vanished from my device, and support can't do a thing about it. I'm like, without words. What an absolutely miserable way to start my weekend. I had some great rolls during that godfest, too. But alas, GungHo has proven to me that I should have never started playing this game again. I'm so ashamed of myself for spending money on this game again just to have my account vanish and GungHo to give literally zero fucks. *sigh*

Man, so sorry to hear that. Have you tried posting on Reddit? Maybe there would have more visibility. What I don't understand is that your account was obviously compromised before, why isn't there some way to prevent it from happening or flag the account in case of future problems? Honestly don't know why they couldn't have given you a new secret ID or something. It's pretty unacceptable that something like this can happen.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Man, so sorry to hear that. Have you tried posting on Reddit? Maybe there would have more visibility. What I don't understand is that your account was obviously compromised before, why isn't there some way to prevent it from happening or flag the account in case of future problems? Honestly don't know why they couldn't have given you a new secret ID or something. It's pretty unacceptable that something like this can happen.

Honestly, I'm not even going to bother with Reddit or anything. It's over for me. I just cannot sustain this anymore. I'm going to try and forget all this shit this weekend. I'm contemplating calling the bank to see if my situation merits a fraudulent purchase investigation since the way it happened definitely stinks of fraud or theft.

But yeah, I just can't support this game. I'm so happy with what it has become I'm terms of a puzzle game, but it literally makes me sick to think about right now.

colinp

Banned
Honestly, I'm not even going to bother with Reddit or anything. It's over for me. I just cannot sustain this anymore. I'm going to try and forget all this shit this weekend. I'm contemplating calling the bank to see if my situation merits a fraudulent purchase investigation since the way it happened definitely stinks of fraud or theft.

But yeah, I just can't support this game. I'm so happy with what it has become I'm terms of a puzzle game, but it literally makes me sick to think about right now.

So sorry to hear about the insane problems you are having. It has always been a joy having you in this thread and while it is probably of little help at this difficult time I hope you realize how much you have contributed to the community here and how valuable your contribution has been. I completely understand your desire to forget it all and hope you can find some peace after having been screwed around like that. Wish you all the best and if there's anything we can do to help let us know.

Rixa

^^ Man that sucks :(.

Double Saria in coop is fun to play. My units arent max leveled nor +ed.
Screenshot_2016-02-06-15-03-36.png

Quantum

- it certainly does sound like something that should be reported to your credit card company and/or your bank. most transactions have limited liability to protect the consumer - unfortunately Gunghos' liability is almost zero.

- you have a document from Gungho showing they are unable or unwilling to help this becomes theft.,

- depending on how you bought your stones and documenting the loss of the account you may be able to be reimbursed for purchases made over "x" amount of time - depending on what was used for payment different policies exist.

- you run the gambit from being outright screwed to having a partial if not full reimbursement. It is certainly worth inquiry.

- I hope you do continue posting, too often people who are victims of theft or people abused by poor security lose a significant amount of money and disappear - certainly this is an issue which has been brought up before - considering how long you have posted here and your general excitement after your significant number of recent pulls gungho America should be absolutely ashamed to let your account disappear and as you have provided proof - they should accommodate you in any way possible.

- The customer service and security for this game have been at issue throughout all of the OTs - I think there should be a significant section added to the OT and a general warning to new players that if there is an issue with your account you may loose everything.

- I can empathize with what you are going through and while your situation rare, it could happen to any poster at any time.

You can request a refund through Google. They're generally willing to compensate your spending from what I've heard from others.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
- it certainly does sound like something that should be reported to your credit card company and/or your bank. most transactions have limited liability to protect the consumer - unfortunately Gunghos' liability is almost zero.

- you have a document from Gungho showing they are unable or unwilling to help this becomes theft.,

- depending on how you bought your stones and documenting the loss of the account you may be able to be reimbursed for purchases made over "x" amount of time - depending on what was used for payment different policies exist.

- you run the gambit from being outright screwed to having a partial if not full reimbursement. It is certainly worth inquiry.

- I hope you do continue posting, too often people who are victims of theft or people abused by poor security lose a significant amount of money and disappear - certainly this is an issue which has been brought up before - considering how long you have posted here and your general excitement after your significant number of recent pulls gungho America should be absolutely ashamed to let your account disappear and as you have provided proof - they should accommodate you in any way possible.

- The customer service and security for this game have been at issue throughout all of the OTs - I think there should be a significant section added to the OT and a general warning to new players that if there is an issue with your account you may loose everything.

- I can empathize with what you are going through and while your situation rare, it could happen to any poster at any time.

What burns me more than anything is that if the person who stole the account used a secret code, why does it work when the account is currently active on another device and being used? Isn't the secret code solely for recovery through support? The email said that they can't recovery my data because a game data transfer was issued...But by who?

Fuck man. I need to drop this and move on.

Quantum

What burns me more than anything is that if the person who stole the account used a secret code, why does it work when the account is currently active on another device and being used? Isn't the secret code solely for recovery through support? The email said that they can't recovery my data because a game data transfer was issued...But by who?

I'm not looking to further aggravate your situation, I get the need to drop it for your own sanity but it presents an interesting problem that Gungho should be desperately trying to figure out.

- to issue a transfer code it would stand to reason that someone had access to your account. from my limited understanding of how gunghos "protection" system works is that you need no secret code to generate a transfer from one device to another.

- this code would effectively move your game from one device to another
- If I understand the policy I think this can be done only once a month - so you might have been a target all along, waiting for that 30 day period to expire.

- questions I would ask - can a back-up of your previous data be used to access your account and generate a transfer code?
- from what I've read about backing up game data - the lions share of "protection" is circumvented when a user has access to the files: data048.bin and data 056.bin
- there are always people looking to scam and steal data, gungho currently makes it easier to steal data than protect which is extremely worrisome.

- as this is a virtual game and you can prove who you are it makes absolutely no sense that gungho can not make this right - either by changing your ID (which was done for me btw) or but shutting down the transferred account and rebuilding yours.

I respect you not wanting to persue this and make it go away for your sanity, but your issue is an example that Gungho should be taking seriously - and not something that generates a repetitive form letter once a day.

- gungho has not updated the facebook post on the best way to make sure your data is backed up since 2013 I believe - the instructions aren't even correct with respect to the current version of IOS.
- this game should have a two step verification process for data recovery and for transfer of data.
- there should be no reason that you get an e-mail stating there is no solution to your problem, in my honest opinion this constitutes fraud on gunghos part, but good luck proving it.

Sorry to hear Nicoga. Hope you can get some reimbursement eventually. That really sucks after what you went through to get it back. I have no idea what the technical limitations are for GH to be unable to do anything for you, but that's pretty scary to think you can lose hundreds/thousands of dollars without any recourse for a game that is very much alive and raking in tons of profits. Like WTF?! GH has makes so much money, if they can't recover your account from the thief, they should just create you a new account and duplicate your lost monster box or start you off with a cache of stones equal in value to all the money you've spent. It doesn't cost them anything since you wouldn't have spent anymore money otherwise.

Edit: ^^^ Regarding shutting down the stolen account, that may also have complications since the thief has apparently also spent a lot of money on the account.

Quantum

Edit: ^^^ Regarding shutting down the stolen account, that may also have complications since the thief has apparently also spent a lot of money on the account.

I do not agree with this statement.

unless you are implying that the original owner is at fault for allowing a thief to spend money on the account. It makes the original company more culpable because they would certainly have a trail with respect to who hijacked the account by permitting a transaction associated with a different name/account number.

you are not allowed to buy stolen property. the original owner retains rights.

digitally it remains the fucking wild west, but ethically its unchanged.

edit: furthermore Gungho has stated that accounts are not transferable with respect to sale so the premise that a thief has ANY rights would be incorrect.

Ducarmel

Well I hope you get all your money back Nico, every cent spent on this game. If they wont give you back your account then get your money back all of it.

Spent 80 stamina so far hoping for badpy spawn on jp server, still no luck. Got her on the first try yesterday.

HGH

Banned
Any good uses for Chasers and Sprites?
And a Soybowl demon?(this one seems like a fat stack of HP)

Mixed2k

I never noticed before but on my low-end phone there is some serious input delay.
It's fine for most things but on PAD it's pissing me off, as the orb doesn't stay on my finger and instead follows it behind. Messes up my brain big time.
Tried to change to ART runtime and in the developer options finger tracking there was some notable improvements. Got really excited and launched PAD, except it doesn't launch the game :(
I'll have to get used to the lag.

razterik

This sucks. :(

Now I feel like even more of a jerk for my joke before. But wow, they really screwed you over on this. I hope you can get something back from all the money you dumped into this game.

Any good uses for Chasers and Sprites?
And a Soybowl demon?(this one seems like a fat stack of HP)

All are okay poverty subs if you don't have the REM cards they provide skill ups for, although Chasers are rather worthless now that Chinese have moved on to new Awoken skills.

Spent 80 stamina so far hoping for badpy spawn on jp server, still no luck. Got her on the first try yesterday.

Spent about 150 stamina each time until I got a light pii. Saw endless dark pii spawns but don't need those. Go go desire sensor.

I never noticed before but on my low-end phone there is some serious input delay.
It's fine for most things but on PAD it's pissing me off, as the orb doesn't stay on my finger and instead follows it behind. Messes up my brain big time.

Does it happen in every dungeon? Some have more intense background effects that cause slowdown issues. JP recently implemented an option that lets you set all dungeons to the simple Departure Tower background from the tutorial. Although really it's only a temporary fix because the game will likely keep getting more resource intensive over time.

linsivvi

I'm not looking to further aggravate your situation, I get the need to drop it for your own sanity but it presents an interesting problem that Gungho should be desperately trying to figure out.

- to issue a transfer code it would stand to reason that someone had access to your account. from my limited understanding of how gunghos "protection" system works is that you need no secret code to generate a transfer from one device to another.

- this code would effectively move your game from one device to another
- If I understand the policy I think this can be done only once a month - so you might have been a target all along, waiting for that 30 day period to expire.

- questions I would ask - can a back-up of your previous data be used to access your account and generate a transfer code?
- from what I've read about backing up game data - the lions share of "protection" is circumvented when a user has access to the files: data048.bin and data 056.bin
- there are always people looking to scam and steal data, gungho currently makes it easier to steal data than protect which is extremely worrisome.

- as this is a virtual game and you can prove who you are it makes absolutely no sense that gungho can not make this right - either by changing your ID (which was done for me btw) or but shutting down the transferred account and rebuilding yours.

I respect you not wanting to persue this and make it go away for your sanity, but your issue is an example that Gungho should be taking seriously - and not something that generates a repetitive form letter once a day.

- gungho has not updated the facebook post on the best way to make sure your data is backed up since 2013 I believe - the instructions aren't even correct with respect to the current version of IOS.
- this game should have a two step verification process for data recovery and for transfer of data.
- there should be no reason that you get an e-mail stating there is no solution to your problem, in my honest opinion this constitutes fraud on gunghos part, but good luck proving it.

I agree with everything you said especially the bolded. We are talking about a game that has made billions of dollars. Gungho should have airtight security for that kind of money.

Purdy

Just started getting into this a bit after having played on iPad to about rank10

Going to restartin android (thank god you can use na apk in Europe, still frustrating though)

Am I okay just to play freely and not stress about getting certain monsters or fusions until I rank up a good bit and have done lots of normal dungeons ?

Mixed2k

Does it happen in every dungeon? Some have more intense background effects that cause slowdown issues. JP recently implemented an option that lets you set all dungeons to the simple Departure Tower background from the tutorial. Although really it's only a temporary fix because the game will likely keep getting more resource intensive over time.

Seems somewhat random, another thing that happens is that sometimes (like, 30%) when I click on an orb it goes up a little instead of staying in the middle. I guess I can't complain much with such garbage hardware.
Actually, can I keep switching between 2 different devices? Does the gunho account stay in sync with google acc? Or I have to keep transfering data every time I switch ? Hopefully my tablet doesn't have the same problems (plus the much bigger screen should help).

Jonsoncao

Banned

Oh man sorry to hear that...

Bladelaw

So I think I've broken a wall. The last 3 descends I've been able to do at Mythical difficulty.

So now that I have Awoken Amaterasu max level and fully awoken who does she lead?

My Box for reference.

razterik

Seems somewhat random, another thing that happens is that sometimes (like, 30%) when I click on an orb it goes up a little instead of staying in the middle. I guess I can't complain much with such garbage hardware.
Actually, can I keep switching between 2 different devices? Does the gunho account stay in sync with google acc? Or I have to keep transfering data every time I switch ? Hopefully my tablet doesn't have the same problems (plus the much bigger screen should help).

That sounds a lot like what used to happen with older Fire tablets and some other Android devices like the Nook. I think they fixed it at one point, but I'm not sure it stayed that way over all the more recent updates.

I've used iOS for a long time now, so I'm uncertain how the sync with Google Accounts works, but as long as the data files on both devices are the same, you should be able to switch freely between two separate devices. If Google Accounts won't handle the switching, you may have to resort to root access and directly copy over the data048.bin and 056.bin files. I play the same accounts on my phone and iPad without difficulty, just be sure not to enter a dungeon on one device and then try to play on the other since it will cost you stamina. The device transfer option can only be done once every 30 days and is usually used for hardware problems or switching between iOS and Android.

Lyrian

Tried to change to ART runtime and in the developer options finger tracking there was some notable improvements. Got really excited and launched PAD, except it doesn't launch the game :(
I'll have to get used to the lag.

Have you tried turning all of the background effects and the dungeon backgrounds? I could have sworn there was a recent update for a toggle to improve the performance on low-end devices, as dungeons with fancy backgrounds, like Hel Descended, were crippling older phones.

jiggle

Is the New Years REM worth pulling(vs. saving stones for GF)?
Always regretted pulling on these special REM before,
ALWAYS
and I got the shitty kaguya hime on my 1 jpn pull
But the new Kanna art looks absolutely gorgeoussssss

yami4ct

Is the New Years REM worth pulling(vs. saving stones for GF)?
Always regretted pulling on these special REM before,
ALWAYS
and I got the shitty kaguya hime on my 1 jpn pull
But the new Kanna art looks absolutely gorgeoussssss

With a few exceptions (and many of those are hindsight exceptions with shit getting good later), the Special REMs are always traps. This one doesn't look awful, but if you aren't stone rich you likely can spend those better elsewhere.

The only special REMs I can remember that really truly were worth it are the pink REM with Valks and the first christmas REM. The Valks weren't all that valuable at the time, so most didn't pull on that as much as they could. I got my R. Valk from there. I wish I had thrown more in.

razterik

Absolutely not. Everything but Hanzo's fire->light is a slight sidegrade compared to the old versions, but with much worse odds of rolling. Sandalphon is probably the best card in the REM, and that's sad.

yami4ct

I'm fine with special REMs not being super awesome. Keeps me from pulling, haha. I'm still salty I've never gotten a Chibi Vlak.

But, I did pull an R.Kali on my JP account, so I guess I really have zero right to be salty about special REMs.

Absolutely not. Everything but Hanzo's fire->light is a slight sidegrade compared to the old versions, but with much worse odds of rolling. Sandalphon is probably the best card in the REM, and that's sad.

Okaaaay. Thanks for talking me out of my yolo roll. I think I just really wanted a chance at something with one of the new killer awakenings. I'll save my stones for godfests.

jiggle

With a few exceptions (and many of those are hindsight exceptions with shit getting good later), the Special REMs are always traps. This one doesn't look awful, but if you aren't stone rich you likely can spend those better elsewhere.
That's really too bad
The artworks for this set are pretty outstanding too

Guess I'll save for Eschamali

Negator

There seems to be a lot of hype around Awoken Pandora if game8 is to be believed. I personally have rolled three of them, and kept them all just to be safe.

Saw some clears of Arena 2 with her and she seems pretty legit.

FZZ

Banned
There seems to be a lot of hype around Awoken Pandora if game8 is to be believed. I personally have rolled three of them, and kept them all just to be safe.

Saw some clears of Arena 2 with her and she seems pretty legit.

Rows are back in the meta fam

Already prepping all the mats needed for her

razterik

Four A.Pandora is probably too many most of the time. Sub a Vampire if nothing else fits better.

20x mechdragon farming is kind of unreal sometimes. Of course I've had runs with only a couple plus eggs as well.

yami4ct

I do not like this trend of multiple bosses for Bi-Weekly dungeons. Trying to skill up Castor on my JP account is taking more stamina than I'd like.

Four A.Pandora is probably too many most of the time. Sub a Vampire if nothing else fits better.

Is running 3 viable? I'm thinking of going Panda/Panda/Castor/Hanzo/Flex/Panda

With Reaper, Lumiel or A. Loki filling in the Flex. Would love to pull an Akechi or Haku to fill in some of those, but not in the cards currently.

razterik

Seen a lot of teams with three, so that's good, maybe even ideal. Would recommend A.Loki for the final spot since you're not using an orb enhancer and he lets you use two subs without skill bind resist. I would check the stat and damage difference on Vamp vs Castor since he's not devil type, although it is nice that he can handle junk orbs on the board.

My JP team is super janky, using Zuoh, Z8, A.Yomi and Hanzo. Trying to figure out a good 100% resist setup.

yami4ct

Seen a lot of teams with three, so that's good, maybe even ideal. Would recommend A.Loki for the final spot since you're not using an orb enhancer and he lets you use two subs without skill bind resist. I would check the stat and damage difference on Vamp vs Castor since he's not devil type, although it is nice that he can handle junk orbs on the board.

My JP team is super janky, using Zuoh, Z8, A.Yomi and Hanzo. Trying to figure out a good 100% resist setup.

So, Castor actually has more ATK even losing the multiple, but I'd lose around 1000 HP. The biggest problem would be losing around 500 RCV.

Given Castor has much better Awakenings and gets me to 100% SBR, the trade probably works out. The better active is also a plus.

EDIT:

With Loki, I'd have 100% SBR regardless, but the extra Dark OE, better active and Heart Enhance mean Castor still probably wins that tossup. At least, on a base look that's what I'm thinking.

ZombAid82

I've taken a few suggestions and emailed support as well as our resident GungHo rep. Thanks guys.

Oh man, that sucks so hard, not only for you, but for the whole community who plays this game and pumps money in it.
I only put 23$ in, but that was for sure the last money I payed after your story.
Maybe its a consolation for you, that it is a good warning for everybody here at GAF.
I hope you get at least some money back!
I honestly wouldn't know what to do in your situation.

ZombAid82

Today I got my first fagan(payed 2! Stones, yeah, I suck) for my awoken sakuya.
Now only the chores of leveling him up....
And Zhao yu is already waiting on his levels, sigh...
At least I have a new mission:
Awoken sakuya and awoken Thor(where I only need a indigo)
This game is literally pushing me towards light.

colinp

Banned
Today I got my first fagan(payed 2! Stones, yeah, I suck) for my awoken sakuya.
Now only the chores of leveling him up....
And Zhao yu is already waiting on his levels, sigh...
At least I have a new mission:
Awoken sakuya and awoken Thor(where I only need a indigo)
This game is literally pushing me towards light.

Hey I'm tying to get my Fagan for my A. Sakuya! First go on the dungeon was a quick death so I'm waiting for my stamina to come back and I'll give it another go. Might end up stoning it, too. ;)

J0dy77

Mean this really sucks Nico. How they can allow this shit to happen is beyond me? Would gungho really be that inept to allow the same Secret code? Obviously it was compromised the first time and the guy came back for more.

I really hope you don't just drop this. Post it over on reddit to give it more attention. Heck,if you don't, I might. This is just wrong for someone who has spent so much on the game.

ZombAid82

Hey I'm tying to get my Fagan for my A. Sakuya! First go on the dungeon was a quick death so I'm waiting for my stamina to come back and I'll give it another go. Might end up stoning it, too. ;)

Tried to tank fagan, but he just hits to hard:)
Like wtf, I have 52k plus a.susano active and he still killed me :-(
Team was verd, verd, bastet, cao cao,a.susano and friend verd
Two almost max plussed and hyper friend...

Is the dicord chat offline?

It looks online to me, just no posts yet this morning. I'm also working on evolving my awoken Sakuya. I'm missing a king ruby dragon for fagan... I have all the jewels and everything ready to go, but those stupid king dragons are holding me up.

Picked up a set of HP latents this week. As far as I know the Yomidra/Lucifer Arena builds don't rely on HP latents. Can't decide if I should dump them on a card that will make the best use of them (Blonia) or put them on a card that I use more often (Diza,Ayomi).

ZombAid82

It looks online to me, just no posts yet this morning. I'm also working on evolving my awoken Sakuya. I'm missing a king ruby dragon for fagan... I have all the jewels and everything ready to go, but those stupid king dragons are holding me up.

Hmm, to me it says offline or expired...

Top Bottom