• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN - 66%OFF, Denuvo removed, Demo Available, MAC version released

Just started Paris...wow. This is mind boggling.
My first thought too.

Those intro stages are truly the kiddie pool. Then you get tossed into an ocean ;p

I've put most of my time into Paris and I still have plenty to learn about it. It really shows how the episodic model makes sense, as you're missing it to only run through it once or even a dozen times.

Reminds me of learning the maps in Rainbow Six Siege a bit. Like you can just get the basic layout of rooms, hallways and ladders pretty quickly, but thats far from the whole picture. You also have to take in the windows, the breakable and unbreakable surfaces of the walls and floors and ceilings, and you start to re-examine the place like you're the architect with the blueprints. Then you're looking at walls for interesting kill-hole placement, or where you can blow a whole in the floor to reach another area quickly, and even down to the particular furniture in each room for attacks, defense and drone placement. Each level slowly reveals each of its layers over time and through play.

Hitman's intricate sandboxes are no different. You get the layout, sure (and even that takes some time considering how large they are). But then you start figuring out where the main players move, when they're guarded and when not. Which NPC roles are allowed in to each area, where the bosses and guards are. Where items you can put to crafty uses are, where to hide weapons, the works. And each time you do another run, you know a bit more, you're a bit faster, you're more calm and in control and seem like that slick bald killer who knows how the level is playing out. Its magic.

Yeah, I recommend leaving opportunities set to minimum without tracking them when it asks if you want to (or just unchecking them after Diana gives you an update). So much fun figuring out/stumbling across them.

Once you're just cleaning up challenges and/or there's one left that you're hopelessly stuck on, then it's a better time to turn the hints on.

My first thought too.

Those intro stages are truly the kiddie pool. Then you get tossed into an ocean ;p

I've put most of my time into Paris and I still have plenty to learn about it. It really shows how the episodic model makes sense, as you're missing it to only run through it once or even a dozen times.
That first time you walk down the side of the estate to get a feel for the layout, and keep walking and walking...

Coming from the past games, the scale was everything I always wanted a Hitman game to do.

Vlightray

Thanks To OP bought and installed this hoping my 1060 will do okay at 1080p.
Like Absolution, Loved Blood Money and Favorite was Hitman 2 Silent Assassin hope this goes in that direction.

Hopeford

Playing the Paris level with a friend right now. Just as we had agreed that we had exhausted every Zoolander joke we could have made,
we found out we could disguise ourselves as the male model and even go down the catwalk.
This is the best, most fun thing like ever.

Thanks To OP bought and installed this hoping my 1060 will do okay at 1080p.
Like Absolution, Loved Blood Money and Favorite was Hitman 2 Silent Assassin hope this goes in that direction.

It probably will, honestly. My 660ti did okay at 1080p, but it was dropping to 45-50 often enough that I dropped the resolution to have smooth 60 with my ancient graphics card. I imagine a 1060 should definitely handle it. Unless this game is CPU heavy.

Kssio_Aug

I have noticed the game allows you to play through any mission from the start, but it first advises I should play the previous ones first. Is there any penalty for playing them? Or is that just some kinda of spoiler alert?

Justinh

what does this run on ps4 pro? 4k hdr 30fps?

According to the OP of this thread:

hitmanhuu6y.png

I haven't looked deeper into it, but I usually just trust what GAF tells me.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Just played the demo and now I'm gonna buy season 1 immediately. Holy shit, this is exactly my jam and I've never known. This is the kind of thing I thought Assassin's Creed was gonna be before it turned out to...not haha.

No idea how I have stayed away from this series for so long. Never touched a Hitman game before but I really want to now. Mission based stealth is stuff I love like, a lot.

This game is so incredible, you have no idea

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Most people call the second level in the game (Sapienza) the best, and it is incredible, but I also absolutely love the very last level (Hokkaido). They manage to finish so strong

Most people call the second level in the game (Sapienza) the best, and it is incredible, but I also absolutely love the very last level (Hokkaido). They manage to finish so strong
In terms of atmosphere, Marrakesh is hard to top IMO. It's like being dropped into a James Bond movie/spy thriller.

Top Bottom