• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct September 13th for Switch and 3DS

Camjo-Z

Super Mario Odyssey. Zelda DLC. MHXX localization. Dragon Quest XI AND Dragon Quest X. Pikmin 4. Captain Rainbow 2. Melee HD. Half-Life 3.

IT'S
ALL
GONNA
BE
THERE

Haines

Banned
I expect this direct to swing for the fences and go down as one of the best directs ever.

Switch is on fire, and were heading into holiday season. Nintendo needs to jump start the hype train now and ride that bitch.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I expect this direct to swing for the fences and go down as one of the best directs ever.

Switch is on fire, and were heading into holiday season. Nintendo needs to jump start the hype train now and ride that bitch.
Nice we're being level headed here ;)

kc44135

I'm hyped for this. Hopefully it delivers. I'm hoping for at least a couple of new reveals (new games, ports, whatever really), and I'm intern also interested seeing what third-parties could be bringing to Switch, especially Platinum.

Aleh

Absolute meltdown if Animal Crossing makes an appearance. I doubt it tho. Still excited for everything else!

Yeah I can see the reasoning why to keep expectations in check. But this is heading into holiday season, you want to keep the momentum going

Cartho

Wouldn't it be funny if after all these teases Platinum don't make an appearance.

It would be funny in the same way that stubbing your toe on a piece of rusty iron is funny.

Hyped. Torn between being shattered and having to get up at 6 tomorrow and wanting to watch this.

Bulzeeb

man I just realized that after so many years, this gif is still usable

p4k53qkho4ay.gif

requiem02

Banned
That's precisely the reason it won't be one of the best directs ever. Nintendo only unload a ton of announcements in one place when they're backed into a corner, like the infamous "oh shit" direct in early 2013 after the Wii U's sales figures came in.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
I can't believe we're only ~30 minutes away from Pokemon Stars news

AmyS

Oh I didn't realize this is starting in just over a 1/2 hour.

How likely is it we'll get an announcement of DQXI 3DS localization & release ?

18-Volt

Ok final predictions:

Possible:
- Kirby named, slated for release january
- Yoshi named, slated for release march
- Bayo collection and W101 is coming to Switch
- Couple of filler game announcements: Mario Party or Mario Sports
- Dragon Quest XI localization announced for 3DS (no word on Switch version)
- Mario Odyssey and Xeno 2 new info & trailer
- And big finale: Fire Emblem trailer debut

Wet dream:
- A port of an AAA game. Anything. Western or Japanese.
- VC
- Revival of a dead and buried Nintendo franchise. Not even Fox.

Top Bottom